2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm... well, I think it would be the best (for me) if everyone who was even considering withdrawing just went with their gut.

I mean, gotta trust your instincts!

(but honestly, why even shell out the initial 32 bucks to send in the primary to this school if your drive to attend Drexel can be shattered by a slow website?)
 
This is ridiculous. I received the secondary this morning and tried to fill it out in the afternoon, but I couldn't even load the secondary. Then tonight after I came back from having a few drinks at a bar, I thought it would be late enough, but I can't still save anything……..
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Think about it for a second, it may be late for you, but in California (the most populous state with a **** ton of people looking to go to any medical school they can) it's still 9:30PM. Early morning on the East Coast is the best time to do it.
 
Think about it for a second, it may be late for you, but in California (the most populous state with a **** ton of people looking to go to any medical school they can) it's still 9:30PM. Early morning on the East Coast is the best time to do it.

True! Just completed mine between 9-10am on the east coast. Wow, that was a lot of checkboxes!

I already paid my fee, but the website says I haven't. I have the receipt in my email inbox. Strange 😵
 
Best of luck everyone. I was verified on June 23, and didn't receive secondary until yesterday. I experienced similar problems yesterday with slow site and difficulty saving, but today was able to submit quickly.
 
Last edited:
I just wish I could get my secondary. I really love this school too 🙁 ... Verified in early June. Not entirely sure what order they are using to pass them out?

I totally feel you. I did call early last week to verify they had my primary and they told me to be patient. The upshot for you is that the 2ndary is not laborious and if you fill out at optimal times, you can submit quickly I believe.
 
Pressed finalize and submit last night before bed. Woke up and the circle was still spinning. This is beyond ridiculous.

This type of immature software and lack of hardware compatibility seems acroos the board at SO many schools this year.........wondering what type of contractors everybody hire this years for database programming. Scary.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I haven't received the secondary yet from Drexel. I've received/submitted all my other secondaries, but Drexel still hasn't sent me theirs...

I will probably call next week to make sure it's not a computer glitch. Drexel is one of my top choice schools (I love Philly!).
 
I haven't received the secondary yet from Drexel. I've received/submitted all my other secondaries, but Drexel still hasn't sent me theirs...

I will probably call next week to make sure it's not a computer glitch. Drexel is one of my top choice schools (I love Philly!).

Myself and a friend still haven't received Drexel's secondary either, so yours is not an isolated incident.
 
I honestly think with the extremely glitch-ridden web page they are probably just rolling them out in small batches, and reviewing slowly. Now we can start to hope for an II!
 
This may be a dumb question but I thought I would ask it anyways

The question says
"If you graduated more than six months ago, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation."

So if I graduated this May, does that mean I don't have to write anything..? It hasn't been six months yet
 
This may be a dumb question but I thought I would ask it anyways

The question says
"If you graduated more than six months ago, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation."

So if I graduated this May, does that mean I don't have to write anything..? It hasn't been six months yet


Wow that's a weird question... I guess if you didn't graduate more than six months ago, don't write anything. Do they ask what you're doing if you are taking a gap year?
 
I finally called today to ask when I should expect to get my secondary...the lady just said "soon." I asked if that means I should be getting it this week, but she said all she can tell me is soon.
Syrup-Will-Soon-Have-its-Revenge.jpg
 
did anyone get a complete e-mail or status yet?
Yep! They might do them in batches since there were quite a few sent out on the same evening I received mine!

I thought it was funny though since the email said that we may not hear anything for up to 3 months... And all the issues with the secondary makes me nervous 😛
 
Yep! They might do them in batches since there were quite a few sent out on the same evening I received mine!

I thought it was funny though since the email said that we may not hear anything for up to 3 months... And all the issues with the secondary makes me nervous 😛
hmm I submitted my secondary on Friday and no complete e-mail. Should I be worried?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So are we going to be penalized for being late if we still haven't even gotten the secondary yet?
 
So i submitted my secondary without answering the continuous education question....... Pretty annoyed by this since I had answered it the other 3 times I tried to submit the secondary but was unable to do so due to tech issues.

Is it that big of a deal? I did not have any breaks in my education.
 
This may be a dumb question but I thought I would ask it anyways

The question says
"If you graduated more than six months ago, please tell us what you have been doing since graduation."

So if I graduated this May, does that mean I don't have to write anything..? It hasn't been six months yet

I was wondering the same. At the rate this has been going, I will have graduated 6 months ago by the time my app gets reviewed anyway. What I'm doing in my gap year contributes a lot to my app so I included it! I figured it couldn't hurt, but hopefully they won't look at it as me blatantly ignoring the specifics of the question...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad