You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Found out earlier today that Drexel put me on hold.
[Complete 8/13]
[Complete 8/13]
Wow... No secondary yet. I hope it comes next week.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To everyone who has not yet received a secondary, I wouldn't worry just yet. My friend called their office earlier and got the response that they send secondaries out in batches.
:/
Last edited:
Wow, II's already??
Wow, interview invites before I even got my secondary 🙁
got secondary this morning
When were you verified/added Drexel? Waiting for this secondary is getting ridiculous…..got secondary this morning
Verified around 6/17 or very early. I have had Drexel on there from the start. I just forgot about this app then I saw the email this morning lolWhen were you verified/added Drexel? Waiting for this secondary is getting ridiculous…..
EDIT: this is probably the most annoying secondary I have ever encountered
Last edited:
The Drexel application process is natural selection in action. Several people have reported withdrawing because they couldn't deal with the frustration of the secondary. The genome of the 2015 Drexel matriculants is more likely to contain a higher proportion of resilience genes because it will necessarily contain all those who were fit enough to survive the secondary without eliminating themselves from the Drexel gene pool.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still no secondary....verified 6/4....
II!!! OOS 29. 3.86. Complete first day!
Lol I was waiting for this to happen. One early verified applicant w/o secondary, another with an interview for God's sake...
The Drexel application process is natural selection in action. Several people have reported withdrawing because they couldn't deal with the frustration of the secondary. The genome of the 2015 Drexel matriculants is more likely to contain a higher proportion of resilience genes because it will necessarily contain all those who were fit enough to survive the secondary without eliminating themselves from the Drexel gene pool.
![]()
So... Has anyone noticed a pattern among the applicants who don't have the secondary yet? Is it based on grades, MCAT, residency, etc...? Or are we just randomly unlucky?!
So... Has anyone noticed a pattern among the applicants who don't have the secondary yet? Is it based on grades, MCAT, residency, etc...? Or are we just randomly unlucky?!
There seems to be no rhyme or reason that I can see. People with higher LizzyM scores than me, people with lower.. people who submitted their primary significant later than mine, people earlier.. Drexel doesn't screen supposedly, so we're just in that unlucky group in this ridiculous scenario. Meanwhile, people are getting IIs here while we twiddle our thumbs.
best moment ever (besides mr white throwing pizza on the roof)
Is there anyone else who got vetoed mid June, and still has not received a secondary? Only school that has not sent me one yet
*verified
Is there anyone else who got vetoed mid June, and still has not received a secondary? Only school that has not sent me one yet
here
YepWhere has everyone been seeing their status changes? Through the "to view your decision click here" link?
Is anyone still incomplete due to payment? I paid on August 26th but apparently they have to manually enter payments before you're complete? It's pissing me off😡
received and submitted secondary... show me some love, Drexel!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mine just says complete--does that mean hold or just that they haven't gotten to me yet?
They have not started reviewing your app. The review status for me was very transient-it came about a week or so after getting the complete email and then it was one day under review before being placed on hold. The "view status/decision" page is very clear about the status.
You received a complete email? o nvm I did too lolThey have not started reviewing your app. The review status for me was very transient-it came about a week or so after getting the complete email and then it was one day under review before being placed on hold. The "view status/decision" page is very clear about the status.
You received a complete email?
yes! submitted 8/13, received complete email 8/20. I think the status changes online before they officially send an email. Also, I have yet to receive an email about the hold.
What did they say?admissions just responded to an email I sent them about the secondary over 2 weeks ago. well, better late than never I guess 😛 (I submitted it quite a while ago though ahah)
Ruby109 when was your AMCAS verified? Still no secondary for me
verified June 3rd I think, it was the first day. Just goes to show that the process is seriously random! I hope you get yours soon!Ruby109 when was your AMCAS verified? Still no secondary for me
lol I was verified 8/14, so I know I won't get mine for a while....
I wonder if drexel realizes that this lottery system has changed the way they review applicants. Makes stats matter a bit less. Just got to be super lucky. Talk about a dice roll..... Come on Drexel Daddy need a new career... dang snake eyes.
Submitted 8/20, Complete email 8/26, Status changed to "Your file is and [sic] complete and will be reviewed." last week. no hold or II yet...
Last edited:
I did that too! I don't think its an issue, I got a confirmation email for my interview like right after I scheduled itIt shouldn't be a problem if I scheduled my interview before getting the official email right? Haha
Same, thank you!I did that too! I don't think its an issue, I got a confirmation email for my interview like right after I scheduled it
Submitted 8/20, Complete email 8/26, Status changed to "Your file is and complete and will be reviewed." last week. no hold or II yet...
Exact same dates of submission/complete email, all quiet on the western front here as well...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think, judging from the II's given, they only got around to people complete 8/20
how long did it take everyone to have their status page updated with dates for "received"
So I finally got the secondary this morning...yeah, this one can sit until my last interview is done next week.
FINALLY got the secondary.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K