You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Finally got the secondary. Debating if I even want to submit it now and save $100 😛
Hey when you submit does it immediately say your status or you have to wait a few days?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
still nothing yet...
(aka maybe Drexel would give me a secondary now?
)
(aka maybe Drexel would give me a secondary now?
)
Last edited:
Finally got the secondary! Hallelujah!
Hey when you submit does it immediately say your status or you have to wait a few days?
Gotta wait a couple of days.
Anyone know how the student host program works, where to find information/sign up?
Thank you in advance =D
Thank you in advance =D
Anyone know how the student host program works, where to find information/sign up?
Thank you in advance =D
They ask you to contact them for that info if you get an II.
am i literally the last one receiving this secondary? I got it last night, but now its taking forever to submit...
am i literally the last one receiving this secondary? I got it last night, but now its taking forever to submit...
Nope. Still haven't received mine. lol
I submitted my secondary mid-August but the Application Status still says Incomplete (even though they've marked everything as 'received' below). How long does a complete usually take? Thinking of calling.
BumpI submitted my secondary mid-August but the Application Status still says Incomplete (even though they've marked everything as 'received' below). How long does a complete usually take? Thinking of calling.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If everything says received, and it still says incomplete on your status, that's weird. All of my things were marked received and I was marked complete on the same day. This occurred a few days after I submitted secondary. I would call them if I were you.Bump
Yep. That's what I was thinking. Hopefully it's a glitch and everything works out, I'll call in to straighten it out. Thanks!If everything says received, and it still says incomplete on your status, that's weird. All of my things were marked received and I was marked complete on the same day. This occurred a few days after I submitted secondary. I would call them if I were you.
II!
II 😀
I was complete around August 20th, II on portal beginning of last week, and the email end of last weekAnyone have an idea of when to expect IIs from Drexel?
Verified 6/5
Secondary Received/Submitted 8/31
Complete 9/1
I submitted my secondary mid-August but the Application Status still says Incomplete (even though they've marked everything as 'received' below). How long does a complete usually take? Thinking of calling.
Same thing happened to me. I called on Friday they said it's complete on their end, but they just have to change the status on my end because they didn't download my mcat score (which came out in July) yet..? I'm fairly perplexed by the answer. Maybe they can give you more info when you call today?
Called, they said it's being processed by the adcom and I'm complete even though the status says Incomplete. She said it may stay that way until an II or whatever decision the Adcom makes. Pretty weird, but I'll take it.Same thing happened to me. I called on Friday they said it's complete on their end, but they just have to change the status on my end because they didn't download my mcat score (which came out in July) yet..? I'm fairly perplexed by the answer. Maybe they can give you more info when you call today?
Sent my primary to Drexel on 08/05 when I got my MCAT score. No secondary yet.
Lol I have given up on receiving the Drexel secondary
II this morning! Submitted 8/20. Good luck to those still waiting to receive their secondary!
Lol I have given up on receiving the Drexel secondary
Yup, this.
Lol I have given up on receiving the Drexel secondary
+1
they admitted that they were overwhelmed and their system has been having issues, thus secondaries have been going out a little at a time and in no particular order. There are people who submitted AMCAS later who already have IIs and people who submitted AMCAS early June who still haven't received the secondary. At this point, even if I did get it, I may not submit... thinking about just keeping my money lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Called, they said it's being processed by the adcom and I'm complete even though the status says Incomplete. She said it may stay that way until an II or whatever decision the Adcom makes. Pretty weird, but I'll take it.
My status just changed to complete
That's awesome!! Congrats! Mind sharing stats?
P.s. was anyone else put on hold?? Or are me and like two other people the only ones?
How much is a late secondary gonna matter if they haven't sent one yet? I would think it doesn't matter because they know their system is out of order. I'd also think you're just as likely to get an interview if they want you regardless, just maybe at a later time, right? They interview a lot of people.
I just don't wanna count Drexel out and add another school just to get another secondary complete ASAP.
I just don't wanna count Drexel out and add another school just to get another secondary complete ASAP.
How much is a late secondary gonna matter if they haven't sent one yet? I would think it doesn't matter because they know their system is out of order. I'd also think you're just as likely to get an interview regardless, just maybe at a later time, right?
I just don't wanna count Drexel out and add another school just to get another secondary complete ASAP.
My guess would be that they are giving out x number of invites for each batch of secondaries they send out, so I don't think it's worrying if you haven't received a secondary yet. But that's just speculation, who knows?
Yup, same. No complete email on my part. It seems Drexel's system is a tad backed-up right now, but I guess we have to expect this due to such a high volume of applications.My status just changed to complete
Man this is insane, still alot of people who have yet to get the secondary's while others are getting interview invites.
Got an invite this morning. Tons of dates open through December so don't freak out yet.
Primary Submitted early June, verified end of June
Secondary Received 8/19 and submitted and complete in the next week
so Drexel is booked Sept-Nov?
If you're talking out booked as in Interview dates then no. I just submitted an interview date for the 30th of Sept and there were a couple othersso Drexel is booked Sept-Nov?
Hello drexel. Could I trouble you for a secondary please? I have really improved from the last time we met. Honest.
Really? Hmm...Another week and no secondary
Does anyone know what the environment is like around the school? Is it dangerous? Which hotels would you guys recommend?
Ahhhh, the inevitable questions about the neighborhood...
DUCOM is in East Falls. East Falls is one of the safest neighborhoods in Philadelphia (maybe THE safest in the city, though I think Roxborough may be safer) . However, it is still Philadelphia and things happen. DUCOM is also on the edge of East Falls by Germantown, so the streets around it likely do see more crime than most other areas of East Falls. In my 4 years at DUCOM I do recall a couple classmates whose apartment got broken into and there were some whose car got broken into. I don't recall anyone getting jumped near DUCOM or robbed at point of gun or knife. The one classmate I know who did get jumped was in Center City.
DUCOM provides escorts to students 24/7/365, and they will even drive you home depending on where you're going. They take safety very seriously and they do their best to make sure you're safe.
I would say, without a doubt, that UPenn, Temple, and Jefferson are located in places with far far more crime than DUCOM.
The biggest downside to East Falls is that it is boring and there's no night life (a plus for anyone whose days of partying are over).
As far as hotels, go with what is on City Line Ave. for convenience.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
All quiet on the DUCOM front.../tumbleweed
does anybody know the info on how many people get interviewed here, and how many are accepted post-interview? also, is it a huge disadvantage to interview later in the cycle (like to push your interview back from sept to like dec/jan due to gap year issues?)
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K