You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
meaning what? what kinds of questions?Interviewed there and pretty much got a stress test. good luck lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i more so was just wondering why he/she thought it was so stressful, like whether it was because of the questions or if it was because the interview day itself was unorganized (which i read on the SDN interview page)Wait and find out! I don't think people will be disclosing questions.
I swear you get a new avatar every weekWait and find out! I don't think people will be disclosing questions.
great, thanks!I interviewed here yesterday as well, and the day itself was pretty laid back. There were different interviewers, so that is probably where the subjectivity comes in..
It took me about three weeks to say complete, I really think it's their computer system.Thank you! I'll try calling them tomorrow. I really hope I don't have to re-do the secondary, it was horrible!
D
DenTony11235
My amcas was verified 08/06 does anyone know why I might not have received a secondary application?
Posted using SDN Mobile
Posted using SDN Mobile
Because they are saving the best till last? That's what the rest of us who have randomly been selected for delayed secondaries are saying to ourselves...or the deities of computer glitches just don't like us. In any case, welcome to an elite club!My amcas was verified 08/06 does anyone know why I might not have received a secondary application?
Posted using SDN Mobile
Got secondary today paid and submitted.
Received and submitted the secondary today. I'm still not sure if this really happened or if I am just dreaming 😵
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+3 complete 8/26+2, complete e-mail 8/26
Do they prescreen before offering secondaries?Received and submitted the secondary today. I'm still not sure if this really happened or if I am just dreaming 😵
Do they prescreen before offering secondaries?
Nope! They are having technical difficulties and are sending them out in batches. I waited for a month to get it, but it felt like it took much longer.
Are they really going to wait until spring to re-review holds? That's like in March, when interviews are finished.
Hold=rejection to me.
Hold=rejection to me.
Are they really going to wait until spring to re-review holds? That's like in March, when interviews are finished.
Hold=rejection to me.
I'm assuming they're referring to Spring Semester, which starts in January. Well, hopefully.
Not only that because they send the secondaries out in batches the reviews from interviews are also in batches. So when you get that secondary do it that day and submit quickly. If you don't get a complete email with a week or so call them. Some of the secondaries are having problems with deliveryNope! They are having technical difficulties and are sending them out in batches. I waited for a month to get it, but it felt like it took much longer.
With the way they are doing secondaries I would treat it a hair above a rejection. This just isn't a good year for Drexel admissionsAre they really going to wait until spring to re-review holds? That's like in March, when interviews are finished.
Hold=rejection to me.
Who's interviewing on Monday?
I am! Looking forward to it. Also dreading it. A mixture of elation and fear and worry and joy.
Good luck. May the best applicant win.
This is crazy. My AMCAS was verified more than a month ago, and I haven't received a secondary from Drexel yet... Did any of you guys make a phone call to receive a secondary?
This is crazy. My AMCAS was verified more than a month ago, and I haven't received a secondary from Drexel yet... Did any of you guys make a phone call to receive a secondary?
My ACMAS was verified in June and I didn't get a secondary until a few weeks ago. I called the admissions office before I got it and they just said they were having technical problems and that you just have to wait. I know it sucks but there's nothing you can do except wait.
how crucial do you guys think it is to interview as early as possible? Would lagging a couple of weeks be that detrimental?
It is absolutely fine to delay a few weeks. Drexel's class is large and by no means near set at the end of interviews in March. Chances of acceptance appear just as good toward the end of interview season based on the past few years, even if it's WL --> acceptance.
+1Ugh why such a fast turnaround for so many people? I've been complete since ~8/20 and still just "Your file is and complete and will be reviewed. "
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Have you checked your status online?I've been complete since 8/26 and no response either. I'm taking that as good, given that it's not a hold. Best of luck to those interviewing!
Same here.Ugh why such a fast turnaround for so many people? I've been complete since ~8/20 and still just "Your file is and complete and will be reviewed. "
Although I doubt we can draw any conclusions from their half-assed admissions process this year.
Have you checked your status online?
Sadly, every day!
Just got an email saying they had a server error and lost my entire secondary application file that was marked complete almost a month ago and had yet to be reviewed... If I want to continue with this school I have to redo the secondary and start over, ridiculous
--Just got an email saying they had a server error and lost my entire secondary application file that was marked complete almost a month ago and had yet to be reviewed... If I want to continue with this school I have to redo the secondary and start over, ridiculous
Wait! Were you one that was did your app Sept 2-4? This could be very bad!
Just got an email saying they had a server error and lost my entire secondary application file that was marked complete almost a month ago and had yet to be reviewed... If I want to continue with this school I have to redo the secondary and start over, ridiculous
I had that happen, and I noticed when I checked my status that it was gone. I redid and submitted around the 15th, and I already got my II. Though a ton of other people got one that fast too so I think it may not have had anything to do with them knowing they had already lost mine once.
This is what happened to me too!!!!Just got an email saying they had a server error and lost my entire secondary application file that was marked complete almost a month ago and had yet to be reviewed... If I want to continue with this school I have to redo the secondary and start over, ridiculous
Wow, I was more hopeful before seeing all these immediate interview invites. I imagine it's like getting a snap bid from a top sorority.
For those that see their II on the portal, where exactly do you see this? Where it says check the status/decision? Is there a place to see if you are under review?
AMCAS verified 7/24, and I still do not have a secondary. Do I have everyone beat?
I'm 7/22.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Probably because they've been bombarded with everybody who didn't get a secondary for the past two months (Guilty as charged). They should really give a PSA or something.Wow....I feel for them on their side having to deal with a ton of applicants and applications but WOW they are NOT nice when you call.
Interviewed there and pretty much got a stress test. good luck lol
Can you elaborate a little more? Do you think you just had an awful interviewer or did others say the same thing?
For those with IIs, where do you receive notification? Is an email sent regarding status change or do you just check "view status/decision" and then select "view decision"?
For those with IIs, where do you receive notification? Is an email sent regarding status change or do you just check "view status/decision" and then select "view decision"?
I saw the status change (it's very clear because it says "You have been invited for an interview") and then the next day I received an official email.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
that was a long wait...