You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Drexel University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
My app was complete 5 days ago, and I got an email from Drexel today.
When I read "We are pleased to inform you that...." I thought God sent me interview invite for my birthday today, but after that phrase, it read "your file is complete".
Way to disappoint ppl -_-............
When I read "We are pleased to inform you that...." I thought God sent me interview invite for my birthday today, but after that phrase, it read "your file is complete".
Way to disappoint ppl -_-............
My app was complete 5 days ago, and I got an email from Drexel today.
When I read "We are pleased to inform you that...." I thought God sent me interview invite for my birthday today, but after that phrase, it read "your file is complete".
Way to disappoint ppl -_-............
same here, my app was complete last week on the portal and got complete email today. does that mean it was sitting there all this time and was "truly" complete today.....?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Happy Birthday though lol! 😀 Good news should be coming soon.. belated bday present 😛My app was complete 5 days ago, and I got an email from Drexel today.
When I read "We are pleased to inform you that...." I thought God sent me interview invite for my birthday today, but after that phrase, it read "your file is complete".
Way to disappoint ppl -_-............
Question for those who submitted the secondary:
I logged into the "application status" section and it says my status is still incomplete. How long did it take between submitting your secondary and becoming complete?
Secondary submitted on 9/11
File complete email on 9/15
Yeah same here :/ verified June 28th
You might want to call them? After my being verified, I can tell you that I added Drexel around mid-late August and got a secondary request……..
I tried calling them and they just have a voicemail set up. Can't get a direct line in. Might try calling them again earlier tomorrow. Sucks.
Also emailed them twice over the last few weeks to no avail. Starting to get frustrated as this is a place I actually want to go.
Also emailed them twice over the last few weeks to no avail. Starting to get frustrated as this is a place I actually want to go.
I finished 8/13 and just got a file complete 9/15... that took a while.
File complete on 8/29, still no status update besides complete. How long has it taken you to get an II or status update since your file was complete?
+1I tried calling them and they just have a voicemail set up. Can't get a direct line in. Might try calling them again earlier tomorrow. Sucks.
Also emailed them twice over the last few weeks to no avail. Starting to get frustrated as this is a place I actually want to go.
Still no secondary. Starting to believe it is not coming...😢
Finally got the secondary. Not sure what to feel.
Finally got the secondary. Not sure what to feel.
After doing over 40 secondaries, I'm not sure I can do more at this point...
i don't think there are any essays for this one
There aren't. Just a billion check boxes that fatigue your eyes.
i don't think there are any essays for this one
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
so for people who received interviews, did you also get complete emails? unless I missed something I don't think anyone mentioned this until today
Zelda when were you complete and when is your interview?
FINALLY got the secondary. How cute.
Wow that was really fast? Congrats, stats?? Did you get an email or just looking at your status update online?Secondary on 9/11, Submitted 9/12, Complete Notification on 9/15, II on 9/16. First II so pumped!!! Anyone else interviewing on October 1st?
Wow that was really fast? Congrats, stats?? Did you get an email or just looking at your status update online?
Thank you! OOS and LizzyM of 67 (GPA>MCAT). I actually just checked my status update and saw the option for scheduling an interview. I was kind of shocked at the turn around as well, but I'm not complaining about that 🙂
Complete 9/2, II 9/9, Interview scheduled for next week.Zelda when were you complete and when is your interview?
Complete 8/26, OOS, LizzyM 66~69:
Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not to invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.
+1, seems like every MD school is putting me on hold lol.
Is this basically a rejection, and do they have a different message for rejection? I don't really see how they could have interview spots open in the spring...
+1, seems like every MD school is putting me on hold lol.
Is this basically a rejection, and do they have a different message for rejection? I don't really see how they could have interview spots open in the spring...
Same..
Well drexel gets thousands of apps. I doubt they will have "extra" spots for us in the spring.
verified mid August. still no secondary. lalalala
+1, except a little later than you. guess I've got a while to wait. I was really excited with how quickly Drexel seemed to be going through applications, but maybe they've slowed down?is there ever an "under review" status? mine STILL says complete and ready to be reviewed, but I've been complete since 8/25
Probably because they started interviewing this week..+1, except a little later than you. guess I've got a while to wait. I was really excited with how quickly Drexel seemed to be going through applications, but maybe they've slowed down?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got my secondary yesterday, verified early August. There's no secondary prompt for those who asked, but they do list all your courses and activities from AMCAS and ask you to put them into categories by type (bio, chem, etc) and then what you learned from them (reliability, service, ethics, etc.). It's very useful to think about it and the whole secondary should take an hour or two max even if you think about each one a lot.
How did everyone go about filling this out?...Any advice?
It timed me out every 5 minutes or less and everything I had not saved was lost, so I hit the save button every few minutes... took forever.
I saved every time I got to the next Save button, if that makes sense. And the first few times I did it I thought I was getting stuck on a loading page, but it actually just takes forever to load - I would try waiting it out (for several, several minutes) and see if it works for you too. It's a bit annoying but a welcome trade off in terms of not having to write another essay IMOHow did everyone go about filling this out? Idk if I should do it all the way through or attempt to save it as I go. It seems everytime I try to save my progress the page just gets stuck on the loading page. I'm trying to avoid filling this all out and then getting kicked out and having to refill each section.
Any advice?
Hi guys, do you have problems to submit the secondary? I tried several times, but after clicking the 'Finalize and Submit' button, the web page just kept loading for a long time....and it was not successful. It has been like that since this afternoon. Any idea?
Thanks!
Thanks!
Last edited:
These tech problems HAVE to be a way for Drexel to screen out some of their expected 10k applicants. It's taking me as long to load and refresh the secondary as it did to receive it!
These tech problems HAVE to be a way for Drexel to screen out some of their expected 10k applicants. It's taking me as long to load and refresh the secondary as it did to receive it!
Agree! I sometimes think that there is a method to their madness…….
Let it load. It will take a while but your app will be submitted at the end.Hi guys, do you have problems to submit the secondary? I tried several times, but after clicking the 'Finalize and Submit' button, the web page just kept loading for a long time....and it was not successful. It has been like that since this afternoon. Any idea?
Thanks!
Ugh, verified 8/20 and still no secondary, emails haven't been answered, guess I'll just wait it out like everyone else...
Makes me wanna pull my hair out people already have interviews and I can't receive a no essay secondary!
Makes me wanna pull my hair out people already have interviews and I can't receive a no essay secondary!
These tech problems HAVE to be a way for Drexel to screen out some of their expected 10k applicants. It's taking me as long to load and refresh the secondary as it did to receive it!
I wouldn't doubt it. It's a good way to sift through those that actually want to go to Drexel (who are more likely to deal with the secondary shenanigans) and those for who it's just another school on the list.
I managed to speak to a human on the other end of the line recently and gave my info. They said that things looked like they were in order and that I should get one soon. I'm guessing it'll show up in the next week or so. They said they don't pre-screen, but given how quickly they move from complete to interview, I think they might score candidates before sending out the secondary. So even if it's not a true screen, they know where you sit before you're complete.
I managed to speak to a human on the other end of the line recently and gave my info. They said that things looked like they were in order and that I should get one soon. I'm guessing it'll show up in the next week or so. They said they don't pre-screen, but given how quickly they move from complete to interview, I think they might score candidates before sending out the secondary. So even if it's not a true screen, they know where you sit before you're complete.
When were you verified?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
End of july.
End of july.
i think there's some truth to what you're saying about this method to their madness because I added Drexel to my primary mid-late August. If you were verified End of July, they are clearly not going in order...
i think there's some truth to what you're saying about this method to their madness because I added Drexel to my primary mid-late August. If you were verified End of July, they are clearly not going in order...
Well that sucks for me. It's been well over 6 weeks now. This is ridiculous. My stats are well in line with their averages, I have no red flags, and it has been over 6 weeks at this point. You're saying that people that submitted in august have received them already?
I designated in early july and verified in late july. This is for the primary.
Wtf.
Well that sucks for me. It's been well over 6 weeks now. This is ridiculous. My stats are well in line with their averages, I have no red flags, and it has been over 6 weeks at this point. You're saying that people that submitted in august have received them already?
Wtf.
Yeah, I'm sorry. I added Drexel like past mid-August (prob like Aug 22nd?) and already submitted my secondary. On the other hand, I do believe that patience is really important in this process so just trust that your intelligence will get you somewhere.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K