-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2014-2015 Howard University Application Thread
Started by gettheleadout
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Email miss walk !Hey I have applied to Howard and have not been denied yet. I'm wondering if we still have a realistic shot for interviews and admissions?
Email miss walk !
Will emailing miss walk about our status pre interview make us look too needy?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Depends how many emails you have sent !!!!Will emailing miss walk about our status pre interview make us look too needy?
Depends how many emails you have sent !!!!
Just one update letter to their admissions email back in December. I haven't heard back from them ever since.
What email address have you all been contacting Ms. Walk on? Just wanted to make sure I have the right one because I haven't gotten a response from her yet!
[email protected]What email address have you all been contacting Ms. Walk on? Just wanted to make sure I have the right one because I haven't gotten a response from her yet!
Would a letter of intent be useful information for them to have?Hey everyone first year here at Howard. If you have any questions I'll try to answer them.
Yes. But I also called and I believe that was more effective.Ok cool and did you write a letter of intent? I was thinking of doing that soon
Yes.Would a letter of intent be useful information for them to have?
Don't email. Call.Hey I have applied to Howard and have not been denied yet. I'm wondering if we still have a realistic shot for interviews and admissions?
I honestly feel like they NEVER answer the phone though... and no one calls back eitherDon't email. Call.
Does anyone know when orientation starts this year?
The website specifies specific times to call. Use those times.I honestly feel like they NEVER answer the phone though... and no one calls back either
Yes. I always call during those times. I still have never gotten an answer.The website specifies specific times to call. Use those times.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I emailed and called several times and ended up with an interview. Being needy works!!! LolWill emailing miss walk about our status pre interview make us look too needy?
I honestly feel like they NEVER answer the phone though... and no one calls back either
OMG I have NEVER been able to talk to anyone during calling hours. I mean... NEVER. I don't know how other people have succeeded. I guess it's my luck...
I emailed and called several times and ended up with an interview. Being needy works!!! Lol
You bet it does!!
Exactly! I always make sure to call during their hours listed.. But all i ever hear is Ms. Walk's voice in that long message.. lolOMG I have NEVER been able to talk to anyone during calling hours. I mean... NEVER. I don't know how other people have succeeded. I guess it's my luck...
Does anyone know when orientation starts this year?
sometime in mid-july, I think.
I think this is what I have to do too...beg for an interview...lol... HOWARD SHOW ME SOME LOVEThey usually respond if you try to just call them throughout their office hours. I'll try to call this afternoon and check if my letter has been added to my file and beg for an interview haha.
Prolly Mondayso are we supposed to hear something from the school by March 15th, which is a sunday btw Lol?
Thank you ! I was wondering, did you apply to Howard as an international student?Prolly Monday
What makes you believe I am international ?Thank you ! I was wondering, did you apply to Howard as an international student?
I am not assuming. That is why i am asking. Also, you mentioned leaving the US to Europe and Asia... i really hope that my question didn't offend you ! I'm international too.What makes you believe I am international ?
Thank you ! I was wondering, did you apply to Howard as an international student?
What makes you believe I am international ?











For interview invites?so are we supposed to hear something from the school by March 15th, which is a sunday btw Lol?
No, in general. My complete e-mail says:
We will send interim emails in December and again in March. Final emails will begin to be sent in March (if not earlier) and will continue through June as we release applicants.
OTHER INFORMATION:
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via EMAIL ONLY.
Invitations will be issued between September until mid-March.
Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
Final (reject) letters are not emailed until the END of the admissions cycle starting March 15 and continuing until June.
So I assumed that on march 15th they will be releasing applications.
We will send interim emails in December and again in March. Final emails will begin to be sent in March (if not earlier) and will continue through June as we release applicants.
OTHER INFORMATION:
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via EMAIL ONLY.
Invitations will be issued between September until mid-March.
Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
Final (reject) letters are not emailed until the END of the admissions cycle starting March 15 and continuing until June.
So I assumed that on march 15th they will be releasing applications.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, in general. My complete e-mail says:
We will send interim emails in December and again in March. Final emails will begin to be sent in March (if not earlier) and will continue through June as we release applicants.
OTHER INFORMATION:
Interviews are by invitation only and are sent via EMAIL ONLY.
Invitations will be issued between September until mid-March.
Most interviews will be completed by the end of April.
Final (reject) letters are not emailed until the END of the admissions cycle starting March 15 and continuing until June.
So I assumed that on march 15th they will be releasing applications.
****!
Not offended , just curious and nope I am a good old Apple 3.141592653 eating American !I am not assuming. That is why i am asking. Also, you mentioned leaving the US to Europe and Asia... i really hope that my question didn't offend you ! I'm international too.
I think I didn't hear back till June.
Hey, I see that you're a first year student. Do you know what Howard's deferral policy is? I got accepted for this cycle, but the scholarship I had during undergrad is allowing me to study abroad, and I am really considering taking a another year off to be able to take advantage of this opportunity.
It's already the 16th and still haven't heard back from Howard since secondary submission. No notice of rejection either....I'm freaking out right about now.
Have you contacted them since you submitted your secondary?It's already the 16th and still haven't heard back from Howard since secondary submission. No notice of rejection either....I'm freaking out right about now.
Have you contacted them since you submitted your secondary?
I sent an update letter to them back in December, which they still haven't acknowledged, and that's about it.
You should bother them until they remember you by name! Lol jk..I sent an update letter to them back in December, which they still haven't acknowledged, and that's about it.
But only slightly..
Try calling them and/or emailing them
You should bother them until they remember you by name! Lol jk..
But only slightly..
Try calling them and/or emailing them
I'm actually scared to contact them because I'm afraid of rejections :/
They definitely won't tell you if you got rejected over the phone. That's against their policyI'm actually scared to contact them because I'm afraid of rejections :/
No it's not, they did it to my friend post interview last month. She interviewed in Nov and hadn't heard and finally Ms. Walk said she could call and was told she wasn't accepted. I didn't think they rejected over the phone either. Maybe it was a special situationThey definitely won't tell you if you got rejected over the phone. That's against their policy
That's really weird. Ms. Walk herself told me they don't give rejections over the phone. I guess they follow that rule only sometimes?No it's not, they did it to my friend post interview last month. She interviewed in Nov and hadn't heard and finally Ms. Walk said she could call and was told she wasn't accepted. I didn't think they rejected over the phone either. Maybe it was a special situation
I don't believe that rejections are a decision of the office of admissions but rather the admission committee so if there has been any changes in someone's file then nothing will happen. I've been e-mailing quite often lately so I can at least be reassured that all my updated documents have been added to my folder. The only acknowledgement e-mail I got was about the fall grades 5 weeks ago. They usually take time to respond (if you send the e-mail to the general admission office).
How did your interview go? Any news on how many seats are left if any?@chemy, good luck with your interview tomorrow!
The interview day went really well. There is definitely a strong sense of family among the students and the faculty. The interview felt like a normal conversation and everyone left their interview smiling which was a good sign lol. Ms. Walk did not mention anything about the seats left in the class.How did your interview go? Any news on how many seats are left if any?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The interview day went really well. There is definitely a strong sense of family among the students and the faculty. The interview felt like a normal conversation and everyone left their interview smiling which was a good sign lol. Ms. Walk did not mention anything about the seats left in the class.
Congrats on your interview. When were you told, you should expect to hear back.
How did your interview go? Any news on how many seats are left if any?
I interviewed March 10th. Ms walk didn't mention anything about seats left. But it does feel like there are several more.
Did you call?Still waiting on any kind of feedback...no interview, nothing. Smh!
Yeah, it definitely seems like there are more seats available. Our group was told we should hear back in about 3 weeks. Was it the same for your group?Congrats on your interview. When were you told, you should expect to hear back.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K