You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Florida State University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Do you know when their last interview day is? It's been radio silence for me since September. Not sure if I should be holding out any hope or not.Just received an II here. They are still reviewing apps! 🙂
I haven't heard of any. Anyone else care to chime in?Does anybody know if they're sending out rejection letters already?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any OOS interviews given recently?
Does anyone know if it would be worth it to try and go into the admissions office and speak with the Dean or if it is pretty much impossible. Has anyone heard of anyone doing that before? I sent an email reaffirming my desire to continue my education at FSU and got a somewhat generic email back saying they are still looking over applications etc. etc.
I've been at the 'application under review' status since last year, should I assume this is a rejection at this point or are there other status changes I should expect to see first?
Have had that status for about 8 months now, so I feel ya!
I've been at the 'application under review' status since last year, should I assume this is a rejection at this point or are there other status changes I should expect to see first?
going on 6 months for me. apparently a few people have recently gotten interviews so i literally have no idea what to expect at this point...
+1going on 6 months for me. apparently a few people have recently gotten interviews so i literally have no idea what to expect at this point...
Don't do that. Its pretty much a waiting game, but trying to talk to the Dean about it will not help.Does anyone know if it would be worth it to try and go into the admissions office and speak with the Dean or if it is pretty much impossible. Has anyone heard of anyone doing that before? I sent an email reaffirming my desire to continue my education at FSU and got a somewhat generic email back saying they are still looking over applications etc. etc.
Hey everyone. For those of you still waiting on an interview, don't give up hope but at the same time it is not a bad idea to start preparing for round 2. I wasn't accepted my first application cycle, so there is still hope for next time.
So during your wait try to highlight weaknesses of your application and look for ways to strengthen them. Consider taking the MCAT again, maybe an extra semester or two to raise GPA, use the summer to enhance extra curricular activity, etc.
Also read over your responses on your secondary app and see if you truly did your best at answering questions, and being unique as you could with it.
Lastly, if you need to apply again. Do it as early as possible! Don't make my mistake of applying in mid November the first time around.
Feel free to PM me questions and I'll try to help as best I can.
Good Luck! 🙂
So during your wait try to highlight weaknesses of your application and look for ways to strengthen them. Consider taking the MCAT again, maybe an extra semester or two to raise GPA, use the summer to enhance extra curricular activity, etc.
Also read over your responses on your secondary app and see if you truly did your best at answering questions, and being unique as you could with it.
Lastly, if you need to apply again. Do it as early as possible! Don't make my mistake of applying in mid November the first time around.
Feel free to PM me questions and I'll try to help as best I can.
Good Luck! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an II today. OOS. Almost certainly will not be attending. Hope it goes to one of you guys.
EDIT: Officially turned down the invite. Good luck.
EDIT: Officially turned down the invite. Good luck.
Last edited:
What are your stats? Just curious if you don't mind...I'm OOS and have heard nothing since SeptJust got an II today. OOS. Almost certainly will not be attending. Hope it goes to one of you guys.
EDIT: Officially turned down the invite. Good luck.
My stats aren't anything special LizzyM~70. But I went to FSU for undergrad and have a lot of really prestigious awards from the university. I don't mean that to brag, but it's honestly the only reason I feel I got a II.What are your stats? Just curious if you don't mind...I'm OOS and have heard nothing since Sept
spoke with admissions today to inquire about my app status, the person I spoke to said that FSU will be giving out interviews until April 25th... there's still hope, people!
current students: is there anything you feel could be done to help encourage an II? I sent in additionally post secondary updates back in December as well. really hoping to interview at this school, any advice would be appreciated🙂
current students: is there anything you feel could be done to help encourage an II? I sent in additionally post secondary updates back in December as well. really hoping to interview at this school, any advice would be appreciated🙂
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?Accepted today via email!
Do you mind me asking when you interviewed?
3/4/16. They told us it'd take 3 weeks (1 week for spring break, 2 week selection process)
Congratulations Graham100! You going to be matriculating here?
Congratulations Graham100! You going to be matriculating here?
Yes, I will!
Welcome to the family! FSU has been so great to me and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You excited?!
spoke with admissions today to inquire about my app status, the person I spoke to said that FSU will be giving out interviews until April 25th... there's still hope, people!
current students: is there anything you feel could be done to help encourage an II? I sent in additionally post secondary updates back in December as well. really hoping to interview at this school, any advice would be appreciated🙂
Would also love to visit and thinking about the same. Guess the only course of action we really have is a letter of interest
Welcome to the family! FSU has been so great to me and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. You excited?!
Thanks for the warm welcome, happy to be accepted and looking forward to the next 4 years!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Astra118 I was accepted last year with 3.51/3.35/30 (11/9/10)
Thank you for letting us know I am still on the waitlist hoping to get off. Good luck to you!Received denial email today after being waitlisted 3/3... Good luck to everyone else!
I really hope they give out some soon!anyone get any recent II's?
Me too Prilozack.
Sorry to hear that. I'm still patiently waiting on the infamous alternate list. I'm like that child that his parents forgot to pick him up once the school day was over. And guess what, it just started to rain for that poor kid. God has my back tho!Received denial email today after being waitlisted 3/3... Good luck to everyone else!
Hey all OOS-ers
I got my rejection email today. Not surprised. Just letting y'all know to check your inboxes.
It kind of sucked considering they couldn't spell my last name correctly.
I got my rejection email today. Not surprised. Just letting y'all know to check your inboxes.
It kind of sucked considering they couldn't spell my last name correctly.
Rejected- OOS!
Is that rejection pre or post interview?Rejected- OOS!
Hey all,
Can anyone shed some light about what it's like to live at stadium center or campus circle??
Thank you!!
Can anyone shed some light about what it's like to live at stadium center or campus circle??
Thank you!!
Pre 🙂Is that rejection pre or post interview?
Any current students have any insight on when we should receive info about our financial aid package?
I haven't heard anything yet (good or bad) and I'm OOS soHave pre interview rejections gone out to only out of state? Or have the been given to in-state as well? Just curious.

Does anyone know if FSU is still inviting for interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes, they stop April 25th.Does anyone know if FSU is still inviting for interviews?
Stadium Centre and Campus Circle are both very nice places! They're both walking distance from the Med School (Stadium centre is a little further away though)Hey all,
Can anyone shed some light about what it's like to live at stadium center or campus circle??
Thank you!!
if you call admissions will they tell you where you are on the waitlist?
Nope. I tried that and they told me that they do not give out that information because it is based on various factors and it can change at any time. They only recommended sending in updates for anything new you've done.if you call admissions will they tell you where you are on the waitlist?