-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 Mayo Medical School Application Thread
Started by claduva94
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Has anyone heard anything yet? It looks they did calls around this time last year.
since April 30 fell on a Saturday this year, the last day to hold multiple acceptances is May 2nd this year (this is according to AAMC rules for when 4/30 falls on a weekend). I'm just guessing but this may be why there isn't waitlist movement quite yet
This was a very very tough decision for me since Mayo was my other top choice. Withdrew from here over the weekend though for personal reasons. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Same here. Amazing school but just not the right fit. Definitely better someone else get it.This was a very very tough decision for me since Mayo was my other top choice. Withdrew from here over the weekend though for personal reasons. Hope the spot goes to one of you! Best of luck.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Same here. Amazing school but just not the right fit. Definitely better someone else get it.
+2
Best to everyone, hope the spot goes to someone whose heart is set on it 🙂
New waitlist offers seen today (in order of most to least): UCSF, U of WA, BU, Mayo, Case, NYU, WUSTL, OU W Beaumont and UC Berkeley.
@gyngyn said there was waitlist movement today!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
This is probably a silly question but does this mean they have already notified those who were accepted off the wait list? Or just made the decisions and the calls will come later? I'm just crossing my fingers for some love from Mayo.
I am not sure. From the thread, it seems it could mean either. But nonetheless, movement is coming!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wow just got the call, off the waitlist!!! Totally in shock... I got the email from the dean in early March and send a letter of intent shortly after that
GUYS I JUST GOT THE CALL FROM BOSTWICK!!!!!! I AM CRYING AND GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!!!!!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] HOPE IS COMING!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Wow just got the call, off the waitlist!!! Totally in shock... I got the email from the dean in early March and send a letter of intent shortly after that
Congratulations!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
GUYS I JUST GOT THE CALL FROM BOSTWICK!!!!!! I AM CRYING AND GOING TO BECOME A DOCTOR!!!!!!! [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24][emoji24] HOPE IS COMING!!!!!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yay congrats! See you at mayo!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Also accepted off the waitlist at Mayo yesterday!! I'm waiting for financial aid before making my final decision, but I'm incredibly honored!!! Mayo was fantastic during interview day 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
According to another user earlier in the thread, last year they sent out another wave of acceptances in the middle of may.Congrats to all of you lucky ones who got accepted! I just wanted to see if anyone knew or had an idea of when they would send out more acceptances? My roomies and I are looking into housing near my current school and I don't want sign a lease too early.
I GOT IN YESTERDAY! Was literally standing in the grocery store holding two pounds of minced meat. So damn happy! MMS 2020!!
I GOT IN YESTERDAY! Was literally standing in the grocery store holding two pounds of minced meat. So damn happy! MMS 2020!!
yay! congrats!

Last edited:
Congrats!! That's amazing! Do you mind saying if you received Dr.Bostwicks email in March or in April?I GOT IN YESTERDAY! Was literally standing in the grocery store holding two pounds of minced meat. So damn happy! MMS 2020!!
Congrats!! That's amazing! Do you mind saying if you received Dr.Bostwicks email in March or in April?
I sent a Letter of Intent and did not receive Bostwick's email. Most likely because I sent my LOI two days after I was placed on the waitlist way back in December.
So excited to be joining this fam 🙂
Has anyone had communication with admissions about if any more acceptances will be sent out?
Congrats!!!! Mayo is incredible! Just for those of us still on the waitlist do you mind saying if you recieve an email from Dr. Bostwick and if so in March or April?Got in off the wait list here just now!!! Ahhhhh this complicates things...did anyone here go to second look and was able to write a reflection of some sort? I haven't been paying too close attention to this thread
No email from Bostwick! I sent an update letter at the end of December.Congrats!!!! Mayo is incredible! Just for those of us still on the waitlist do you mind saying if you recieve an email from Dr. Bostwick and if so in March or April?
Just got an email from Dean Bostwick!! So delighted and hope good news is on the way for more of us!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I got the first email in April but haven't received this other email. I'm not really understanding Mayo's application/acceptance cycle this year. It seems different from last years in that people who received the emails last year were accepted pretty soon after receiving it. Hopefully your email means good news is coming.Just got an email from Dean Bostwick!! So delighted and hope good news is on the way for more of us!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Received an email from Dean Bostwick today as well! Excited for what might happen next 

I got the first email in April but haven't received this other email. I'm not really understanding Mayo's application/acceptance cycle this year. It seems different from last years in that people who received the emails last year were accepted pretty soon after receiving it. Hopefully your email means good news is coming.
Hm I believe it's the same email as the one you got before?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K