You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota
Started by chilly_md
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
samplam
Full Member
I'm assuming notgenuine question - does every person who gets eventually accepted get a highly ranked email first?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
there are a few people who said they did in the admit thread plus i think one herehas anyone received one yet? I haven't seen any reported yet and the 2 times people asked about them in this thread, no one responded lol
ya i checked last years thread and several ppl explicitly said they got an A w/o the letterI'm assuming not
I did. They sent an email saying if it is in your top 3 send a letter of interest and if it is your top choice it should be a letter of intent.Mayo is my top choice if financials are equal(will choose full-tuition over mayo), should I send a letter of intent or interest?
redditnoap
Full Member
Can any current Mayo student/adcom or anyone aware chime in: Is letters of intent vs. letters of interest factored into scholarship considerations, or only for acceptance determination, with scholarship determined independently from letters of interest/intent and such?
Letters are only used for acceptances! The scholarships are determined by academic data (MCAT score/percentile and GPA) and data provided for your parents from the school-specific financial aid application. After you are accepted and have completed your financial aid app & FAFSA, you will be considered for all scholarships.Can any current Mayo student/adcom or anyone aware chime in: Is letters of intent vs. letters of interest factored into scholarship considerations, or only for acceptance determination, with scholarship determined independently from letters of interest/intent and such?
For reference, I was accepted from the waitlist a month before school started and (from informal conversations with classmates) received around the same amount of scholarship money as those who were accepted in the first wave. Hope this helps!
In historical data, has anyone who's received one of these letters NOT been accepted in the past?Hi guys I got a email stating I am "highly ranked by the admissions committee" from one of my interviewers yesterday. Do people who get these usually get accepted??? And how many do they usually send out?
I've seen that people who haven't received these letters have been accepted.
howyalldoin
New Member
Yes. I saw a thread from a current student who estimated that while it does greatly increase your odds (they guessimated to around 80%), it is not a guarantee of acceptance.In historical data, has anyone who's received one of these letters NOT been accepted in the past?
And I'll add that MCAT/GPA is not the sole determiner of merit aid, so if you have a lower MCAT, that does not mean you won't get much. They do factor in holistic elements!Letters are only used for acceptances! The scholarships are determined by academic data (MCAT score/percentile and GPA) and data provided for your parents from the school-specific financial aid application. After you are accepted and have completed your financial aid app & FAFSA, you will be considered for all scholarships.
For reference, I was accepted from the waitlist a month before school started and (from informal conversations with classmates) received around the same amount of scholarship money as those who were accepted in the first wave. Hope this helps!
Nope. Plenty get in without!I'm assuming not
dancergirl1170
Full Member
what does the highly ranked email look like, does anyone know?genuine question - does every person who gets eventually accepted get a highly ranked email first?
It varies. It will explicitly state something like “the committee viewed your application favorably” but the wording is up to the discretion of the interviewerwhat does the highly ranked email look like, does anyone know?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
FrontierThesis
Full Member
Does anyone know what time (in Pacific Time) the calls go out on February 2? Do you have to answer the phone? Will they let you know that you were accepted in a different way, like via email? Asking bc I have an interview on that day and I usually shut my phone off. Thanks in advance!
Good luck to everyone tomorrow. My hopes aren't super high for Mayo, but I have my fingers crossed 🤞🏼
samplam
Full Member
We got this!!!Good luck to everyone tomorrow. My hopes aren't super high for Mayo, but I have my fingers crossed 🤞🏼
boxcart145
New Member
Best of luck for tomorrow everyone!!
sutherlandphyss
New Member
Sending great vibes everyone's way for tomorrow! We've gotten this far, just got to believe in ourselves 🙂
Also, I'm leaving a template below you can use to announce your A tomorrow 🙂 I think this will help us keep track of which interviewers started calling and will be useful for future SDN generations. You can add more to it ofc, but I think these are some helpful data points to collect:
Result: A
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 00:00 EST/PST/CST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer/Student Interviewer/Dean/Admin/Other (XX)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes/No (MM/DD)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes/No
Sent a Letter of Intent? Yes/No
Result: A
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 00:00 EST/PST/CST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer/Student Interviewer/Dean/Admin/Other (XX)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes/No (MM/DD)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes/No
Sent a Letter of Intent? Yes/No
Last edited:
smartcat2022
Full Member
A to MN/FL! 2/2/26 at 8:25 am, KBJ, no highly ranked but did send letter of intent!
positivemunchkin
Full Member
anyone get any other calls today? I am trying to be patient but not being so good at it haha
Nothing reported here or admit, im kinda surprised but they will trickle in regardless bc of schedulesanyone get any other calls today? I am trying to be patient but not being so good at it haha
dancergirl1170
Full Member
I feel you positive munchkin !anyone get any other calls today? I am trying to be patient but not being so good at it haha
sutherlandphyss
New Member
Is admit working for anyone?
the cycle tracker is but the forums are not for meIs admit working for anyone?
Thinkagainbud
Full Member
Radio silence
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
I applied MN-FL, and I just missed a couple of calls from a Mayo Clinic Jacksonville number. Anticipating either a callback or acceptance email soon.
you should call them backI applied MN-FL, and I just missed a couple of calls from a Mayo Clinic Jacksonville number. Anticipating either a callback or acceptance email soon.
Happy for you 🙂I applied MN-FL, and I just missed a couple of calls from a Mayo Clinic Jacksonville number. Anticipating either a callback or acceptance email soon.
OMG, it finally happened!!!!
Result: OOS/Canadian A (MN 4-year track)
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 12:26 EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer (JG)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes (10/16)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? Yes
Result: OOS/Canadian A (MN 4-year track)
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 12:26 EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer (JG)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes (10/16)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? Yes
Last edited:
InterviewHarvesterReborn
No interviews left behind
+1 OOS A!I applied MN-FL, and I just missed a couple of calls from a Mayo Clinic Jacksonville number. Anticipating either a callback or acceptance email soon.
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 1:25 EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? No
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? No
Last edited:
dancergirl1170
Full Member
+1 OOS A!
Result: A (MN 4-year track)
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 1:08PM EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer (JZ)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes (01/05)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? No
Result: A (MN 4-year track)
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 1:08PM EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer (JZ)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes (01/05)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? No
also GC, havent heardAnyone with GC or TS?
shortienova
Full Member
positivemunchkin
Full Member
Anyone with IP faculty interviewer?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
orangutanguh
Full Member
congrats fellow canadian!OMG, it finally happened!!!! My ONE interview turned into an A!!!!
Result: OOS/Canadian A (MN 4-year track)
Call Date: 2/2/2026
Call Time: 12:26 EST
Person who called (initials): Faculty Interviewer (JG)
Received a "highly ranked" email (if Yes, date)? Yes (10/16)
Sent a Letter of Interest? Yes
Sent a Letter of Intent? Yes
sutherlandphyss
New Member
Had EL and JB. Nothing yetJG and EL. Do interviewers call everyone in batches or spaced out?
Thank you!! <3congrats fellow canadian!