You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Mayo Clinic - Minnesota
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
homersimpsonfan12
Full Member
I did not receive any emails like this but based on what I read in previous threads, it does sound like a highly ranked email or some semblance of it. I'm curious if these have only been sent to MN 4 year applicants so far? Or have 2+2 candidates received them also?could someone clarify what the “highly ranked” email actually looks like? Cause at first I thought it would be a generic email sent to all highly ranked applicants, but it seems like interviews themselves are reaching out. My interviewer never explicitly said highly ranked but they said that I was “well liked” by the committee and then further talked about how they’ want to know if I continue to be interested in attending mayo. Does this count as a highly ranked email?
TheIllustratedMan
New Member
Yes, would be interested in knowing if AZ 4 year applicants have received highly ranked emails? I didn’t see anything on the AZ forum.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
solarflare1230
Full Member
Also, what are the odds of acceptance if we don't receive one? Low I assume?
waterdog22
Full Member
For the highly ranked email, they will be explicit about it: “I’m letting you know that you were very highly ranked at our admissions committee meeting” (that’s what my physician interviewer wrote to me)
Received something very similar to what twodozendonuts got, didn't explicitly say highly ranked either and since I had already sent in a letter of interest, it didn't include anything that gauged my interest.could someone clarify what the “highly ranked” email actually looks like? Cause at first I thought it would be a generic email sent to all highly ranked applicants, but it seems like interviews themselves are reaching out. My interviewer never explicitly said highly ranked but they said that I was “well liked” by the committee and then further talked about how they’ want to know if I continue to be interested in attending mayo. Does this count as a highly ranked email?
For the update/letter of interest, does anyone remember if they mentioned anything about the length? I know a lot of schools want letters to be only a page, but I was wondering for mayo since they really emphasize the LOI part if anyone was making their letters a bit longer?
D
deleted1201071
I must have gotten clowned in that admissions meeting cuz my interviewer never reached out lmao
Just received an email saying “The Admissions Committee viewed your application favorably” and asking if I had any questions from my interviewer. Is this a highly ranked email? It did not specifically use that language!
betterwithfruit
Full Member
I got this email too, wondering the same thingJust received an email saying “The Admissions Committee viewed your application favorably” and asking if I had any questions from my interviewer. Is this a highly ranked email? It did not specifically use that language!
Just received an email saying “The Admissions Committee viewed your application favorably” and asking if I had any questions from my interviewer. Is this a highly ranked email? It did not specifically use that language!
I got this email too, wondering the same thing
It definitely sounds like a good thing. I didn’t get any email like that
If you look back at last years thread, yes. But much more people got in that had received a highly ranked emailHave people gotten in without receiving the highly ranked email?
Anyone applying to Arizona Campus get highly ranked email?
homersimpsonfan12
Full Member
Which campus?Just received an email saying “The Admissions Committee viewed your application favorably” and asking if I had any questions from my interviewer. Is this a highly ranked email? It did not specifically use that language!
MNWhich campus?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 “password is expiring soon” email
Does anyone know if this qualifies as a highly ranked email?
Does anyone know if this qualifies as a highly ranked email?
chris_p_potato
New Member
They’re going to make acceptance calls on 2/4, correct? Does anyone know if they spread their calls out over a few days or if they complete them all in one day?
D
deleted1201071
Our destiny is literally sitting in some room in Rochester rn, that’s crazy
solarflare1230
Full Member
After looking at post-II acceptance data im not getting my hopes up LOLOur destiny is literally sitting in some room in Rochester rn, that’s crazy
solarflare1230
Full Member
It’s in their email they sent outWhere’d we get this date from? Is it historically 2/4?
solarflare1230
Full Member
Depends on the campus id assume, I don’t even think AZ sent any outyall think I have any chance if I didn't get a highly ranked but sent letter of interest?
Where’d we get this date from? Is it historically 2/4?
the language that acceptances "begin" 2/4 seems to me that it implies it lasts more than one dayIt’s in their email they sent out
You have a chance for sure, assuming you sent in your letter before they reviewed applications for the final time between Jan 23-24. The highly ranked people are a small fraction of the applicant and admitted pool, by definitionyall think I have any chance if I didn't get a highly ranked but sent letter of interest?
mdobsessed64
Full Member
Based on previous years threads, def a good mix of people who got in with and without a highly ranked as well as people who got a highly ranked and didnt get in. I guess you never really know. I felt like I didn't really click with my interviewer so hoping for a miracle hahayall think I have any chance if I didn't get a highly ranked but sent letter of interest?
Fingers crossed good news for all of us!
How we feeling for tomorrowwww
Terminator1134
Full Member
I wasn’t thinking about it until now. I’m trying to distract myself. Being in Spain definitely helps.How we feeling for tomorrowwww
I wish i was in Spain instead of just… in pain 😭I wasn’t thinking about it until now. I’m trying to distract myself. Being in Spain definitely helps.
chris_p_potato
New Member
If we don’t get a call this week, when do we find out if we got waitlisted or rejected?
Wishing good vibes to everyone tomorrow! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
redexpomarker
Full Member
If we don’t get a call this week, when do we find out if we got waitlisted or rejected?
Starting February 4: Acceptance phone calls begin.
Starting February 10: Scholarship offers for accepted applicants will be sent via email.
By February 28: Alternate list offers and initial rejections will be sent via email.
March 15: Virtual National Second Look event for accepted applicants.
In-person tours for accepted applicants. Informal visits outside these dates can be arranged if needed.
Jacksonville, Florida: March 29
Rochester, Minnesota: April 12
Phoenix, Arizona: April 19
this is what was in my email from December!
I totally missed that if we hear nothing today/this week, we won't until hear a thing until the end of the month. DANG.Starting February 4: Acceptance phone calls begin.
Starting February 10: Scholarship offers for accepted applicants will be sent via email.
By February 28: Alternate list offers and initial rejections will be sent via email.
March 15: Virtual National Second Look event for accepted applicants.
In-person tours for accepted applicants. Informal visits outside these dates can be arranged if needed.
Jacksonville, Florida: March 29
Rochester, Minnesota: April 12
Phoenix, Arizona: April 19
this is what was in my email from December!
cinnamonmocha
Full Member
I'm gonna be distracted in my classes all day 😭
doggydog210
Full Member
OOS A just got the call from my interviewer! 4 yr MN track!
cinnamonmocha
Full Member
OMG CONGRATULATIONSOOS A just got the call from my interviewer! 4 yr MN track!
scientistabc
Full Member
Congrats!!! Do you see a change on your portal?OOS A just got the call from my interviewer! 4 yr MN track!
doggydog210
Full Member
Thank you!!!OMG CONGRATULATIONS
doggydog210
Full Member
Thank you! Nope, not yet.Congrats!!! Do you see a change on your portal?
waterdog22
Full Member
I MISSED A CALL FROM MAYO 😭 PLEASE CALL BACK
TIME TO BREAK THAT WL STREAK AND ARISE TO GOAT STATUS LETS GOOOOOOI MISSED A CALL FROM MAYO 😭 PLEASE CALL BACK
Congrats! did you get a "highly ranked" email by chance?OOS A just got the call from my interviewer! 4 yr MN track!
meticulousex36
Full Member
Omfg same, just missed a call, please call back [emoji24] (did not get highly ranked email, set letter of interest in mid January)
Eta: got the A!!!! MN only track
Eta: got the A!!!! MN only track
Last edited:
banananabread
Full Member
got the A call!! no highly ranked email so I was completely blindsided
cinnamonmocha
Full Member
GOD I HOPE THIS WILL BE ME SOON 😭 Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!! 🥳got the A call!! no highly ranked email so I was completely blindsided
bloomingcactus
Full Member
Congrats everyone!! Did people who got As send a letter of interest or intent?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
doggydog210
Full Member
Yes, I did!Congrats! did you get a "highly ranked" email by chance?
orangchiken
Full Member
accecptance call just now! wowza (also no highly ranked email; did send a letter of interest tho)
Last edited:
BuccoBruce
New Member
Any MN/FL?
waterdog22
Full Member
DID THEY CALL BACK YET? shivering in my boots rnOmfg same, just missed a call, please call back [emoji24] (did not get highly ranked email, set letter of interest in mid January)