You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 New York University Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Waitlist!
Same here so I stared reviewing last year's thread. It looks like there are some acceptances after people started announcing wait lists. And I didn't see anyone announce a rejection this early. So we may have a chance.I haven't gotten an email, extra nervous now
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sure hope so, good luck to you!Same here so I stared reviewing last year's thread. It looks like there are some acceptances after people started announcing wait lists. And I didn't see anyone announce a rejection this early. So we may have a chance.
I'm feeling lazy, has anyone looked at the threads and seen when there was movement off of the waitlist in the last few years?
Hardly. I think they just waitlist everyone post-interview and then if you don't hear back, well yeah...
Hardly. I think they just waitlist everyone post-interview and then if you don't hear back, well yeah...
Lovely...
So you're telling me there are 500+ people on the waitlist?
It looks like the waitlist started moving at the beginning of may last year.
Did everyone on the WL get the email at the same time? I'm so stressed here, can't get any work done.
Did everyone on the WL get the email at the same time? I'm so stressed here, can't get any work done.
Womp womp. Do they even reject anyone?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Waitlisted! Anyone know how many people they usually put on the waitlist and how many they usually end up taking off?
I found a few people that were rejected two years ago, no one last year.Womp womp. Do they even reject anyone?
Wait list as well. LM ~ 73. Anyone have any insight into our chances of getting off it based on past years?
Haha so I was rejected via email previously (interviewed 10/26) but just got an email saying I'm waitlisted
Mistake? Or did they change their minds? Lol
It almost seems like they slipped and accidentally revealed its the same thing.
Waitlisted :/
I hope they're not the same! waitlisted earlier today. Any insight as to how much waitlilst movement there usually is? Im assuming this year will be less than most as they are decreasing their class size this yearIt almost seems like they slipped and accidentally revealed its the same thing.
I got mine at 12:26 PM ET
No email, very curious to see if I am accepted or WLed. This does not seem like the type of school that does a lot of post-interview rejections.
I think that makes 4 of us in here. I like my chances now better than I did yesterday, but that's not saying much.No email, very curious to see if I am accepted or WLed. This does not seem like the type of school that does a lot of post-interview rejections.
I think that makes 4 of us in here. I like my chances now better than I did yesterday, but that's not saying much.
That exactly describes my feelings of optimism and disappointment lol
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Still waiting to hear back, interviewed early December. 76 LizzyM+1 haven't heard back yet. Interviewed mid-November LizzyM 76. For people who haven't heard back, what are your stats?
I'm an October interview, 3.9/37. I think that's around LM 76 but I don't remember.
This is probably more of a general question, but isn't there a date by which you can only hold a seat at one school and have to officially "withdraw" from all others? If that's the case, how are people moving around on the waitlist after that?Waitlisted as well.
If there's any consolation, friend of mine was waitlisted and got off the list towards June. NYU tends to have some movement.
This is probably more of a general question, but isn't there a date by which you can only hold a seat at one school and have to officially "withdraw" from all others? If that's the case, how are people moving around on the waitlist after that?
That date is April 30th. I don't know the answer to your second question.
This is probably more of a general question, but isn't there a date by which you can only hold a seat at one school and have to officially "withdraw" from all others? If that's the case, how are people moving around on the waitlist after that?
Hold seat at one school, drop it and accept seat at different school if offered.
Hold seat at one school, drop it and accept seat at different school if offered.
Oh I totally misinterpreted that second part. I read it as how much are people moving around after that date. Whoops!
Yep, just got my rejection too. Good luck everyone else.
I hope they're not the same! waitlisted earlier today. Any insight as to how much waitlilst movement there usually is? Im assuming this year will be less than most as they are decreasing their class size this year
Yeah the smaller class size could pose an issue. Really, I wouldn't expect much movement from waitlists at top schools until March, when a bunch of top non-rolling schools release their decisions and people start letting go of back-ups/multiple offers.
rejected
The follow up email just now about the financial aid webinar was not appreciated given today's WL email...
The follow up email just now about the financial aid webinar was not appreciated given today's WL email...
Had to increase their lead in the trolling olympics
Edit: Trolympics
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Had to increase their lead in the trolling olympics
As if their position could possibly be in doubt at this point
WL 🙁 well, I'm holding on to hope with this one. Loved NYU.
Sorry to hear about the rejections guys! It does, however, mean that the WL isn't just a hollow gesture.
Do you guys know if there is any way to watch the webinar afterwards if you are busy during that time?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K