You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread
Started by Ismet
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Last year they came out around this time, but who knows what this year will be like.Any idea when IIs might start coming out?
Just submitted my secondary here. I note that under the "App Status" tab, my Letters of Reference are marked as "not ready." I just received the secondary application invitation this morning, and my AMCAS application itself was only verified yesterday. However, my letters were received by AMCAS and assigned to be sent to Rochester weeks ago. Is it normal that the school will have not received the letters from AMCAS at this point ? There was a message in the confirmation e-mail about downloading letters from AMCAS, but many other schools appear to have done so even before I submitted a secondary, so I'm not sure if it applies in my situation.
Thank you very much for your help.
Thank you very much for your help.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My letters weren't marked as ready immediately after secondary submission despite my AMCAS being verified mid-June. IIRC it took a few days for them to mark it as such..Just submitted my secondary here. I note that under the "App Status" tab, my Letters of Reference are marked as "not ready." I just received the secondary application invitation this morning, and my AMCAS application itself was only verified yesterday. However, my letters were received by AMCAS and assigned to be sent to Rochester weeks ago. Is it normal that the school will have not received the letters from AMCAS at this point ? There was a message in the confirmation e-mail about downloading letters from AMCAS, but many other schools appear to have done so even before I submitted a secondary, so I'm not sure if it applies in my situation.
Thank you very much for your help.
Nevermind. Wrong thread. I had multiple ones on. SORRY!
Stats? Complete? IS/OOS? 🙂Nevermind. Wrong thread. I had multiple ones on. SORRY!
Stats? Complete? IS/OOS? 🙂
🙁 Wrong thread. I meant to post in georgetown's...but I had this one, UCSD and Georgetown's open at the same time.... how embarassing!
I like opening up a secondary to see that I don't need to do anything 🙂
Today's 7/17...would be wonderful if IIs started going out today lol
Today's 7/17...would be wonderful if IIs started going out today lol
Primaries were also released a little earlier last year, so who knows 😛
Hopefully next week!!
does anyone know if rochester accepts amcas fee waiver?
It does!does anyone know if rochester accepts amcas fee waiver?
Come on, Rochester...
IIs are coming, I can feel it...Come on, Rochester...
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
They don't screen. You'll get yours soon! 🙂No secondary yet, verified and assigned letters 7/18... 🙁
Does Rochester screen?
edit: nvm, forgot to actually apply here. Still wondering if they screen though.
II!
Jk. The anxiety is real.
omg lol was about to congratulate you when i saw the jk part quoted 😛
Bruh.....II!
Jk. The anxiety is real.
Omg you gave me a mini panic attack loool
...perhaps they'll start this week?
Would LOVE to get my first II here. I'm getting depressed filling out #22 of 35 secondaries having not heard anything at all from anywhere.
Would LOVE to get my first II here. I'm getting depressed filling out #22 of 35 secondaries having not heard anything at all from anywhere.
Same here :/ On my 22nd out of 30 secondaries at the moment with 2 rejections already sooo getting a little depressed here as well hahah
Same here :/ On my 22nd out of 30 secondaries at the moment with 2 rejections already sooo getting a little depressed here as well hahah
Rejections already? As in schools have sent you rejection letters this early?
Rejections already? As in schools have sent you rejection letters this early?
Yeah I've gotten two rejections also, Pritzker and Mayo.
Yeah I've gotten two rejections also, Pritzker and Mayo.
Sorry dude that stinks. At least they let you know instead of a silent rejection I suppose.
Sorry dude that stinks. At least they let you know instead of a silent rejection I suppose.
Yeah, I'm cool with it, I expected to get rejected from both of those schools, and it's definitely better to know now then to be kept hanging until April. If I get up to like 5+ rejections with no IIs, tho, I will be much less cool with it.
Mmhm, West Virginia (my bad for not thoroughly checking IS/OOS acceptance rates) and UW MSTP hahaRejections already? As in schools have sent you rejection letters this early?
+1 on thatYeah, I'm cool with it, I expected to get rejected from both of those schools, and it's definitely better to know now then to be kept hanging until April. If I get up to like 5+ rejections with no IIs, tho, I will be much less cool with it.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Echoing with the Pritzker rejection haha
Haha I just want an acceptance from one Chicago school, I never cared if it was Pritzker or Rosalind Franklin.
Would LOVE to get my first II here. I'm getting depressed filling out #22 of 35 secondaries having not heard anything at all from anywhere.
My goodness, 35 schools?!
Yes. . . to cover what I'd like to think is an anomalous 9 on VR and the resulting pseudo-unbalanced 38.
My goodness, 35 schools?!
Yes. . . to cover what I'd like to think is an anomalous 9 on VR and the resulting pseudo-unbalanced 38.
Trust me my friend, a 9 Verbal for an overall 38 on an MCAT is not awful by any means haha. I am sure you'll get many IIs and will kick butt this cycle.
Yes. . . to cover what I'd like to think is an anomalous 9 on VR and the resulting pseudo-unbalanced 38.
lol thanks for telling a funny joke to end my day!
+1 Lizzy M ~75II! LizzyM ~79
Congratulations! Was it sent via e-mail?II! LizzyM ~79
II as well. First one!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats! Anybody MSTP who received an II?
According to very small data set from last year (n=2), MSTP invites started ~mid-august. Perhaps there were unreported invites earlier on though....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-application-interview-invites.1088908/page-6
Thanks!!!
According to very small data set from last year (n=2), MSTP invites started ~mid-august. Perhaps there were unreported invites earlier on though....
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...-application-interview-invites.1088908/page-6
when were you all complete? thanks!
Within the first week or so.
7/9. Submitted 7/2when were you all complete? thanks!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K