2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
congrats everyone!!

Members don't see this ad.

Does that mean you get to evolve your Abra now haha
Lol nah I'm gonna hold out until I get an acceptance. I'm not sure what will be the trigger for an alakazam. I suppose I gotta get to kadabra first tho :p

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
First II!!!! Complete 7/22. Love this school!

Reactions: 4 users
Haha in my eyes, any interview is an automatic evolution to the next stage. I look forward to when that picture is a kadabra or alakazam buddy.

Haha in my eyes, any interview is an automatic evolution to the next stage. I look forward to when that picture is a kadabra or alakazam buddy.

LOL Cute. I look forward to seeing your picture change to a wartortle/blastoise then!

Reactions: 1 users
II!
LizzyM 76
Primary Submitted: 7/09
Secondary Submitted: 7/13

Last edited:
Congrats to everyone who has gotten a II! I was complete 7/9…do you think they've reviewed my app already and passed it over for an interview??

Congrats to everyone who has gotten a II! I was complete 7/9…do you think they've reviewed my app already and passed it over for an interview??
I hope not! I would love some Rochester love as well. :p

No, no one thinks that. Just relax dude.

Members don't see this ad :)

There's no way we can really tell. I think the cliché "It's not over until it's over" really applies well to this process. It's not over until you get that official rejection. Otherwise, always hold out hope. It's also really early in the process and I've seen many people on SDN say that they got interview invites sometimes 2-3 months after applying. Keep your head up!

First II of the season!!

Submitted: 7/24
LizzyM ~ 70, OOS

Reactions: 5 users
Got my II today! LizzyM ~74

Any current students want to tell me more about Rochester vis-a-vis the surroundings?

Hey all,

I'm applying here. Primary verified 7/23. Haven't heard anything from the school since. Should I be concerned? Are they just waiting to send out another batch of secondaries?

II today! Lizzy M ~ 75.5, complete 7/9….Good Luck to everyone still waiting!

Congrats!!

Were you able to schedule using the link provided?

Yup, there were a bunch of dates available on the calendar (earliest was 9/17), although I had to fill out some other info (SSN, lunch preference) before the system let me finalize.

Hey guys, I'm looking at the scheduling calendar and the earliest I see is in October - does that mean all the September slots are taken? I would love to try to group my new york interviews together and I already have one scheduled mid-September.

Hey guys, I'm looking at the scheduling calendar and the earliest I see is in October - does that mean all the September slots are taken? I would love to try to group my new york interviews together and I already have one scheduled mid-September.

All Sep are gone.

Anyone else scheduled for 9/3?

Are all these interview for EDP ?

If EDP = Executive Development Program then no. I applied for regular MD. If EDP means something else, I'm clearly unhelpful.

Early Decision Program.

Are all these interview for EDP ?

Nope, they probably would have sent the EDP interviews out already... all my friends doing EDP elsewhere got interviews in the first two weeks of July.

II! Signed up for 10/23, can't wait to visit!

Thanks guys....now am getting nervous. submit 7/22 :shrug:

Reactions: 2 users
Random question, but is it considered advantageous to select the soonest possible date for an interview? (Don't have one from here, just wondering.)
Is that dependent on if the school has rolling admissions?

Random question, but is it considered advantageous to select the soonest possible date for an interview? (Don't have one from here, just wondering.)
Is that dependent on if the school has rolling admissions?
Yes. Since they will evaluate applications in the order they are complete, it is advantageous to be complete (with interview and everything) as early as possible. This way, your application will be considered when there are more acceptances left to be given out.

That being said, choosing an interview date a week later than the earliest possible date probably isn't going to have any effect. However, choosing a December date when there are October dates available is probably not the best idea.

hoping for some good news this week from UR!!

II today at 3:47 PM (CST)
I was complete 7/31. This is where my best friend from undergrad got in and just started! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

II today at 3:47 PM (CST)
I was complete 7/31. This is where my best friend from undergrad got in and just started! :soexcited::soexcited::soexcited:

Congrats!! Side note, it is only 3:19 CST right now lol

OOPS I meant EST. Oddly I am in CST but the email is stamped with an EST time.
That would be 2:47 CST :laugh:

Thank y'all!! :-D
And what? haha I've never heard of CDT. What does it stand for?

EDIT: ahhh I see; Central Daylight Time. Got it.
What is Central Standard Time then?

Thank y'all!! :-D
And what? haha I've never heard of CDT. What does it stand for?

EDIT: ahhh I see; Central Daylight Time. Got it.
What is Central Standard Time then?

Central Standard Time is between the end of Daylight Saving Time in the fall and the beginning of Daylight Saving Time in the spring. :)

Reactions: 2 users
^Wow way to know that.
Maybe I shouldn't be getting the interview invite :eek:
But it definitely does make sense lol