2015-2016 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^Wow way to know that.
Maybe I shouldn't be getting the interview invite :eek:
But it definitely does make sense lol
What are your stats ?

Members don't see this ad.

My stats aren't anything special (on their lower end of matriculants), but my overall application is pretty solid. Great EC's, a publication, strong essays and personal statement, etc.
But they are: 3.32c/3.22s and 30.

Just to give you an idea: I went to world's in power tumbling when I was a freshman in college. I was also the mascot at my university.
I have some really unique things like that in my application (on top of typical clinical exposure and such) in case you're wondering why in the world they'd send an II to somebody with my numbers lol!

Reactions: 2 users
My stats aren't anything special (on their lower end of matriculants), but my overall application is pretty solid. Great EC's, a publication, strong essays and personal statement, etc.
But they are: 3.32c/3.22s and 30.

Just to give you an idea: I went to world's in power tumbling when I was a freshman in college. I was also the mascot at my university.
I have some really unique things like that in my application (on top of typical clinical exposure and such) in case you're wondering why in the world they'd send an II to somebody with my numbers lol!

Lol nah am not one who judge others by numbers only...we are more than numbers. Congrats

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Question for Roch (and probably extends to other schools as well) - if we were complete very early in July and still haven't heard anything, positive or negative, what does that mean exactly? That our file was read and we sit somewhere in the middle of the pile? i.e. not good enough to get an early interview, so they're going to wait until the first round of interviews occur, see what that batch of students are like, and then re-evaluate us for interview? Or if people are being invited for interviews who were complete after we are is that it?

Obviously practices vary from school to school, but I haven't been able really to find a consensus to this from going back through old threads..

Question for Roch (and probably extends to other schools as well) - if we were complete very early in July and still haven't heard anything, positive or negative, what does that mean exactly? That our file was read and we sit somewhere in the middle of the pile? i.e. not good enough to get an early interview, so they're going to wait until the first round of interviews occur, see what that batch of students are like, and then re-evaluate us for interview? Or if people are being invited for interviews who were complete after we are is that it?

Obviously practices vary from school to school, but I haven't been able really to find a consensus to this from going back through old threads..

I can only offer you speculation, but that seems to be the case. If you look back at some of the older threads (2015-14, 2014-13), you can almost always find II posts well after sept/oct from individuals complete in July.

I've been complete since 7/04 and haven't heard anything at all :( Getting worried

Reactions: 1 user
I've been complete since 7/04 and haven't heard anything at all :( Getting worried

Don't get worried. Seriously. Start to worry towards the end of November. This process is arduous and long, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

It's out of your hands now. You've submitted your application and it's in the hands of the reviewers. Nothing you do at this point will change that -- no f/u email, no "you're my number 1" letter, etc.

Worst comes to worse, the cycle ends, you don't go anywhere, and you find and fix your weaknesses and reapply.

Reactions: 4 users
Don't get worried. Seriously. Start to worry towards the end of November. This process is arduous and long, so just sit back, relax, and enjoy the ride.

It's out of your hands now. You've submitted your application and it's in the hands of the reviewers. Nothing you do at this point will change that -- no f/u email, no "you're my number 1" letter, etc.

Worst comes to worse, the cycle ends, you don't go anywhere, and you find and fix your weaknesses and reapply.

You're right... But I'm so damn anxious!!

Patience, patience, patience...

Members don't see this ad :)
damn. 3.99 gpa, 521 (99th percentile) MCAT, WNY native, SES disadvantaged, complete 07/8, still haven't heard anything (assuming that means their gonna reject me). Really thought I had a chance here. Oh well. win some lose some.

Don't assume rejection until you receive a rejection. I'm in the same boat, let's just wait and see!

Has anyone received love from U of R with no research experience? I have tons of clinical work, but decided on medicine a bit later than most! LizzyM~70.

I sent them an in-the-area e-mail a couple of days ago, no response.

Rochester, please love us. :(

Reactions: 6 users
MSTP II today!

Reactions: 7 users
If @phuynh94 hasn't heard back from a school, then I know I don't need to start worrying yet. ;)
HA, you flatter me. I'm sitting here wondering if Rochester already decided I wouldn't "fit" in with their mission and class.

Any II for people complete in early August yet?

Applying with 3.6 ugpa and 515 mcat (93rd percentile). Lots of research, shadowing, and work experiences in the health care field. Hoping for an II!

Applying with 3.6 ugpa and 515 mcat (93rd percentile). Lots of research, shadowing, and work experiences in the health care field. Hoping for an II!

From the number of notifications I got from your posts across all these threads, it looks like we're applying to a lot of the same schools. Best of luck!

From the number of notifications I got from your posts across all these threads, it looks like we're applying to a lot of the same schools. Best of luck!

I see your prancing Eevee everywhere. It's hypnotic

Just submitted my secondary! I swear I read through every single would 50 times checking for mistakes. :p I'm hoping for some Idaho love

II today ! Complete 7/22. Hang in there everyone.

Reactions: 6 users
I was complete 7/11, dear god bless me with an II!

Anxiously rechecking email is the worst.

Reactions: 4 users
I guess the in-the-area e-mail I sent a few days ago didn't help. Oh well, I'm willing to wait and fly back to WNY if need be, Rochester!

Could you share stats?

I have some info on my MDApplicants page--I know it's kind of general/vague, but trying to stay anonymous during the cycle at least.

@phuynh94 I am calling the future out rn. we are gonna meet here at the U of R interview again.

Complete email 7/20. Dead silence since then.

0NwGYqtx.jpeg