2016-2017 Emory University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II just now for a date about 2 weeks from now!! Got a date that isn't great for my schedule but still super excited! I was complete in June so there's definitely still hope for those of you who applied early and still haven't heard back.

Congrats! Would you mind sharing your stats?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
II just now for a date about 2 weeks from now!! Got a date that isn't great for my schedule but still super excited! I was complete in June so there's definitely still hope for those of you who applied early and still haven't heard back.

Hi, congrats on your II. Does Emory allow you to choose interview dates or do they just arrange it?

Oh my god II. This is such a dream school for me

Reactions: 7 users
I know there were a few posts about this earlier in the thread but could anyone who's interviewed here (this year or past) talk in a little more detail about the experience? Are the interviews "blind" or have they read your app? Do they focus on asking about aspects of your app? Do they focus on standardized interview questions like ethical dilemmas or catch-all questions (e.g. talk about a time you failed)? Do they focus on asking about current events like the ACA? Also, the thing I'm most interested in is what the group interview is like, I've never had a group interview and don't really know what to expect. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Oh Emory, thou Emory, wherefore art thou II?:rolleyes:

Reactions: 6 users
Oh Emory, thou Emory, wherefore art thou II?:rolleyes:

I'm a bit confused by Emory's silence towards me frankly, haha. I grew up in Georgia, visited Emory several times growing up, and my dad gets a chronic condition treated there. Thought I had a good connection to the school. You never know with med school admissions!

Keep hope alive, guys! II received late this afternoon. Complete at the end of August, IS, LizzyM 78-80.

Reactions: 2 users
Withdrew my application; best of luck to whoever gets my interview slot!

Good luck y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Guys, relax. Last cycle I was complete early August and received an II in January. I was ultimately accepted. It is a long process.

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone who reported interested in the dual M.D./M.A. in Bioethics on the secondary get an email from the graduate program asking for an additional personal statement, essay, and LOR? I was under the impression that you could decide to applying after matriculating. Is that still an option? Or do I have to simultaneously apply while hearing back from the school of medicine?

Reactions: 1 users
Did anyone who reported interested in the dual M.D./M.A. in Bioethics on the secondary get an email from the graduate program asking for an additional personal statement, essay, and LOR? I was under the impression that you could decide to applying after matriculating. Is that still an option? Or do I have to simultaneously apply while hearing back from the school of medicine?
I just received this email as well!!

I just received this email as well!!

Yep, I got that as well. To my understanding at least, since the email made a point to clarify that the two admissions decisions were completely separate, students can still apply for the MA well after med school matriculation (which is what their website says). I think it was just providing the application information so students that were already strongly interested could kinda get a jump on the process by applying now.

Of course, that's with the caveat that all that is just my take. I haven't spoken with anyone who actually knows anything about it. I would imagine a call to the admissions office to clarify couldn't hurt though.

@chm9332 People with a wide range of stats, as indicated on the MSAR, receive acceptances.

Honestly, I'd recommend staying off school specific forums unless you have a specific question. Seeing people get II when your inbox is empty is excruciating and serves no positive purpose.

Reactions: 9 users
Bummer. No letter today. Did anyone get anything yet? I'm going to be checking obsessively all week!

Reactions: 3 users
Bummer. No letter today. Did anyone get anything yet? I'm going to be checking obsessively all week!

+1

I think they said they start mailing acceptances out today, so it may take some time for people to receive them depending on the address they provided on the magical yellow card of dreams.

Anyone get the "admission offer" tab pop up on their portal? Does this mean we're accepted? Haven't received snail mail yet...

I got the new tab in my portal as well!

Echo, to clarify, did you get the new tab in your portal?

Yeah there's now an "admission offer" tab that wasn't there yesterday. It says it's only valid for those who have received an acceptance letter via snail mail, so my guess is that they put that blurb there just in case they accidentally open that tab for ppl they weren't intending on accepting? Just a guess tho

Any II's lately?
What dates available?

Also got a new tab!! But I don't want to get my hopes up because no snail mail received!

I think it would be such a dream crusher for someone to get this tab and not have been accepted though...hopefully that's not the case!

Edit: snail mail received!!

Last edited:
For people who got tabs, When did you interview?

Last edited:
Got my snail mail! Interviewed 9/19

Reactions: 2 users
Got my snail mail! Interviewed 9/19

Congrats!!! Any idea when it was sent? I far enough away that it snailmail would take more than a day if they sent yesterday. AnywAy, congrats again!!

Congrats!!! Any idea when it was sent? I far enough away that it snailmail would take more than a day if they sent yesterday. AnywAy, congrats again!!

When I interviewed, they said they will mail on the dates listed, and it may take 3-4 days to arrive.

I think the tab change is a good sign, but you should probably not read too much into it! Give it 3 more days? :)

You're right. Ok thanks. This process is insane. Thanks :)

I am looking at last year's thread, and it seems that people with "admissions offer" in the portal got accepted! But some people's portals did not update until after they received their mail.

Letter is dated 10/21? I'm sure yours is on its way! No way they would update the portal for people who don't hear good news - that would be too much

Yeah admissions said they mailed out letters on friday 10/21. Seems like this was also the case for last year's october acceptance letters

Received snail mail acceptance today! I also have a new tab in my portal. The letter is postmarked Oct 22nd. Interviewed 9/12.

Good luck everyone!

Anyone know (maybe from past years) if the portals for accepted candidates all change at once? Or could some change tomorrow?

Congratulations to all of the acceptees! I hope you take the time to celebrate. You have a spot at a fantastic school.

If you did not receive an acceptance this round, don't fret too much. You truly will be reevaluated at subsequent meetings. There are plenty of students who were admitted in later rounds. It's not over.

Reactions: 6 users