You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Harvard Medical School Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Interviews begin Monday Sept. 12! Good luck everyone 🙂
Hey, how do you know this? Got a II?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
It's max plank. Of course he did
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's max plank. Of course he did
Last year.
Same I was verified 8/12 and this is the only school I haven't received a secondary from, let me know what they say please..I still haven't received a secondary or any other information regarding screening AMCAS applicants. Is this normal? Should I contact the admissions office? I submitted and was verified quite a while ago and I'm getting worried.
I applied last cycle and am a MS1 here now. We just got signups for hosting interviewees and it just said interviews begin Sept. 12.
+1 verified around the same time and no communications from them yetSame I was verified 8/12 and this is the only school I haven't received a secondary from, let me know what they say please..
I was curious to know if it is typical for Harvard to not send secondary apps very quickly? I added the school 12 days ago and have not received a secondary. Every other school has sent a secondary within 2 days? Should I contact the school or is this normal? Thanks
I called in they said they've been experiencing glitches and to email admissions with my AMCAS id and full name saying I never received it.
did you guys receive an application complete email when you were complete? i have a check mark next to "Application File Complete" on my sinai status page since the end of July but have not received an email.
wondering if i should email admissions...any help much appreciated.
wondering if i should email admissions...any help much appreciated.
D
deleted773244
Are you asking about Icahn or Harvard? If Harvard, I also did not receive an e-mail indicating my application was complete. However, my application is complete according to the application website. If "their" application service indicates your application is complete, do not fret. I suspect the completness of your application, as far as they can tell, is not contingent on the e-mail service that sends you an e-mail when the application is complete. So, even thought you did not get the "complete" e-mail, they know it is.did you guys receive an application complete email when you were complete? i have a check mark next to "Application File Complete" on my sinai status page since the end of July but have not received an email.
wondering if i should email admissions...any help much appreciated.
I called in they said they've been experiencing glitches and to email admissions with my AMCAS id and full name saying I never received it.
Yeah, I did the same thing!
I called in they said they've been experiencing glitches and to email admissions with my AMCAS id and full name saying I never received it.
You think this will work for II's as well?
That's what I'm banking onYou think this will work for II's as well?
+1 verified later than you and also still haven't got the secondary+1 verified around the same time and no communications from them yet
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
+1 verified later than you and also still haven't got the secondary
I ended up emailing them and they said they had been having issues with their email servers. They forwarded me the original email they sent with the secondary link and it turns out it was "sent" a day after I got verified, I just never received it.
If you check your secondary portal is it visible under "communication status"?
Yes, their system recorded the initial email that was sent but never received.
Yes! I just tried to pay, but it told me I was not authorized to view that page! Anyone else?Question - did anyone else experience an issue trying to pay the application fee?
Yes! I just tried to pay, but it told me I was not authorized to view that page! Anyone else?
Same
If I still can't pay by Monday morning, I will probably call them!Same
Did you call them? I'm having the same issue.If I still can't pay by Monday morning, I will probably call them!
If the first day to interview is 9/12, Harvard isn't giving people much time to book a flight lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Seriously. Not a single person on SDN has a first round interview? Crazy.
If the first day to interview is 9/12, Harvard isn't giving people much time to book a flight lol
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Harvard, with the knowledge that they are Harvard, probably realize that they could invite us the day before and we'd work out the details haha
II!!!!! Totally shocked by this one! Complete early July LizzyM 76
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Congrats! When were you complete?
II today! 🙂 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it bad to say the reason to request new Interview dates is because of already scheduled interviews? Don't want to miss this opportunity!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I was wondering this same thing. I simply said I had a conflict on that day and did not mention it was due to another interview. Hope this helps!
I was wondering this same thing. I simply said I had a conflict on that day and did not mention it was due to another interview. Hope this helps!
Yea that's what I said! Although they should be understanding of other interviews haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
For people that received interviews, did you guys apply only to pathways or Pathways & HST???
Just Pathways for me
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh totally this is such a busy time! Congrats on your II!!Yea that's what I said! Although they should be understanding of other interviews haha
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Oh totally this is such a busy time! Congrats on your II!!
Thanks you too!
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
II as well! Does anyone know for sure if more dates open up as others are taken away?
what are the currently available interview dates?
II this afternoon (~2 pm)! LizzyM = ~78, complete sometime around August 5 (depending on when they received my letters). For those asking, it seems that they only open up a couple of interview dates at a time (there were only four available for me when I picked a date) and they were all mid to late September.
II this afternoon (~2 pm)! LizzyM = ~78, complete sometime around August 5 (depending on when they received my letters). For those asking, it seems that they only open up a couple of interview dates at a time (there were only four available for me when I picked a date) and they were all mid to late September.
Comforting, I put on my application my unavailability as I will be out of country all mid-September until early October. That said, still a longshot!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes most applicants leave their luggage in one of the conference rooms. As for the flight, be careful since some people had interviews at 5 pm (luck of the draw). I would not recommend scheduling earlier than an 8pm departure. However, it is possible...I flew out after the interview.congrats everyone!!
does anyone know if we can store our luggage with admissions during the day of our interview? i have a flight that leaves boston the night of the interview
I'm not sure, can't remember the exact details but I don't remember feeling like it was just thrown at me with short notice.@MaxPlancker
How are IIs given out timing wise
gOoD lUcK aLl!! yOu WiLl KiLl iT.
(we're very serious here at HMS)
(we're very serious here at HMS)
Wow congrats!! When were you complete by?II a few minutes ago! LizzyM=78!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K
- Replies
- 351
- Views
- 80K