2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, is there a Facebook group for class of 2021 set up already?

Members don't see this ad.

May 15th (I believe) is the date when students with multiple acceptances must make a decision (so only then will they know the exact class size and how much space they have left). Also, graduation is next week for them so that may interrupt committee meetings. Stay strong guys! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
How do we join the group once we have been accepted? Thanks for the response!

I believe the link is sent once you are accepted, Ms. Walk sends out an email with the link to the facebook group. From there you ask to join and an admin (student ambassadors from the class of 2020) approve your request to join. However, I am not sure if the link was only sent to students who also submitted their deposits.

Here's the link to the FB group:

HUCM Class of 2021 Group

Last edited:
I believe the link is sent once you are accepted, Ms. Walk sends out an email with the link to the facebook group. From there you ask to join and an admin (student ambassadors for the class of 2020) approve your request to join. However, I am not sure if the link was only sent to students who also submitted their deposits.

Here's the link to the FB group:

HUCM Class of 2021 Group
I guess I should wait to receive my acceptance letter so that I can submit the deposit before requesting to join. Thanks a lot for your help, man!

I guess I should wait to receive my acceptance letter so that I can submit the deposit before requesting to join. Thanks a lot for your help, man!
When did you receive word that you'd been accepted? Did you receive an OOC letter?

When did you receive word that you'd been accepted? Did you receive an OOC letter?
I didn't receive an OOC email but yesterday I received an acceptance email and a phone call from Ms. Walk letting me know I got in. I was expecting to hear back much later going off of other people posting on here, so it was a total surprise!

For those still waiting, don't lose hope. Wishing everyone on here the best!

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed at the beginning of March and I haven't heard anything from the school. I tried to reach out the office but no response. Anyone got rejection letters already? If they are taking too long it's maybe because I'm not on their acceptance list :(

When did you interview?

I didn't receive an OOC email but yesterday I received an acceptance email and a phone call from Ms. Walk letting me know I got in. I was expecting to hear back much later going off of other people posting on here, so it was a total surprise!

For those still waiting, don't lose hope. Wishing everyone on here the best!

For those of you who are deciding to matriculate, have you finished your acceptance paperwork?

Members don't see this ad :)
Conditional Acceptance with completion of PARP. Keep hope alive everyone.

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats!! :) What are your stats like if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks.

501 MCAT
2.61 undergrad
4.00 masters, chemistry
8 year paramedic
lots of research, one publication
non-traditional (aka old student) Lol

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been added to the facebook page yet? If so, how long did it take for your request to be accepted?

Does anyone know when Howard will be sending out the final rejections emails?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Anyone tried to contact the office this week or recently? Any updates? I called and emailed them but nobody answers...

Anyone tried to contact the office this week or recently? Any updates? I called and emailed them but nobody answers...
Might be a bit of silence this week due to graduation events, but then again I'm just guessing. If I'm not mistaken, Ms Walk said things would pick back up after graduation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Might be a bit of silence this week due to graduation events, but then again I'm just guessing. If I'm not mistaken, Ms Walk said things would pick back up after graduation.

Thank you!

I called last week and got a response.

I was told they're prioritizing students who don't have multiple acceptances. I had been waiting on Howard to contact me about being OOC because other students who interviewed with me had received decisions. I was told that because I had other acceptances, I had not been sent to committee because at this point in the cycle, their focus is skewed toward students who they feel really want to attend the school. I communicated that I was still interested, though.

Try communicating with them during their calling hours again. When I called, someone picked up after the first ring.

Has anyone been added to the facebook page yet? If so, how long did it take for your request to be accepted?
Normally they add you after a couple days. Not sure if you have to submit your deposits first before being added.

I called last week and got a response.

I was told they're prioritizing students who don't have multiple acceptances. I had been waiting on Howard to contact me about being OOC because other students who interviewed with me had received decisions. I was told that because I had other acceptances, I had not been sent to committee because at this point in the cycle, their focus is skewed toward students who they feel really want to attend the school. I communicated that I was still interested, though.

Try communicating with them during their calling hours again. When I called, someone picked up after the first ring.

Thank you very much! This is helpful! I see that applicants who interviewed two or three weeks after me got already answers. So, at this point my nerves and anxiety are killing me. Thanks again!

Accepted earlier this week but I'm going to withdraw before the end of the week. Hope that gives one of you a spot for next week's meeting. Best of luck!

Reactions: 2 users
Was anyone able to pay their deposit before receiving their packet in the mail? If so, how?

Was anyone able to pay their deposit before receiving their packet in the mail? If so, how?
There's an online portal where one can pay. The information was emailed to me in a scan of the mailed acceptance packet. I'd contact the admissions office and let them know you haven't received your packet but you'd like to pay your deposit.

There's an online portal where one can pay. The information was emailed to me in a scan of the mailed acceptance packet. I'd contact the admissions office and let them know you haven't received your packet but you'd like to pay your deposit.

Thanks! Will do!

got rejected..sent me 4 rejections email lol

Reactions: 3 users
Glad Im not the only one who got rejected FOUR times!! lol

Reactions: 4 users
Did anyone get rejected yesterday who also interview with Howard? Just curious.

I got an OOC email yesterday. Interviewed April 5th. Im so nervous. I really want to get in :)
Anyone else get a recent OOC and hear back?
Thanks and GL everyone.

Did anyone get rejected yesterday who also interview with Howard? Just curious.
Yeah, I am curious too. Still not getting an OOC... I'm wondering how some applicants get answers before others when they interviewed way after. I guess is based on MCAT performance? Or maybe the applicants the school really likes got accepted and the rest is on hold until the school knows exactly if the class is full or not... Just guessing

Yeah, I am curious too. Still not getting an OOC... I'm wondering how some applicants get answers before others when they interviewed way after. I guess is based on MCAT performance? Or maybe the applicants the school really likes got accepted and the rest is on hold until the school knows exactly if the class is full or not... Just guessing
Yea i believe thats how it works. They queue different groups of applicants based on some sort of metric. When did you interview? Are you holding multiple acceptances?

Anybody that interviewed on April 11th hear anything back yet? I'm getting a bit nervous.

I know when I got my acceptance packet, I had until May 25th to respond whether or not I was going to accept or decline it. Hopefully there will be a little bit more feedback after that date!