2016-2017 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know when I got my acceptance packet, I had until May 25th to respond whether or not I was going to accept or decline it. Hopefully there will be a little bit more feedback after that date!
Does anyone know if the interview over or still going on ?

Members don't see this ad.

If you get accepted do they call you or email you first?
Do you get an OOC email before you get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
If you get accepted do they call you or email you first?
Do you get an OOC email before you get accepted?
I don't think there's a standard. I received a call and never got an ooc email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
I don't think there's a standard. I received a call and never got an ooc email.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

How long after your interview did you hear a reply?

Just got the OOC email!
It sounds like they'll make the final decisions after May 31st.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope this waiting ends soon so we can plan accordingly... Is there any relation between getting an OOC and getting accepted? I noticed that those who got an OOC letter received an acceptance letter or were accepted to PARP.

Last edited:
I hope this waiting ends soon so we can plan accordingly... Is there any relation between getting an OCC and getting accepted? I noticed that those who got an OCC letter received an acceptance letter or were accepted to PARP.
I "think" all will be resolved by/on June 1. All should be clear as to whether Howard will have any seats available. All who have not gotten rejections are being held out in event some seats come open. ALL should be informed of "something" by end of this week. Good Luck to ALL you "Last Man/Woman Standing" folks...

How do you know it's gonna be after May 31st?
In my OOC email they said after May 31:
(1) we will know how many BS/MD students will be accepted based on April mcats
(2) we will know how many students will return from leaves of absences
(3) we will know how many deposits/offered accepted result form April accepts

In my OOC email they said after May 31:
(1) we will know how many BS/MD students will be accepted based on April mcats
(2) we will know how many students will return from leaves of absences
(3) we will know how many deposits/offered accepted result form April accepts

Thank you!

Alright it's June 2. What's takin so long? I got an OOC 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that's good or bad. Any ideas?
Me too... I tried calling yesterday but no one answered...

Alright it's June 2. What's takin so long? I got an OOC 2 weeks ago. Not sure if that's good or bad. Any ideas?
We are on the same boat!! I received my OOC exactly a week ago. But, I haven't received any decisions taken by the school yet ...

Last edited:
To those who got accepted, when is the orientation? The white coat ceremony? and when classes start? Thanks!

Its been 2 weeks since I got an OOC. The original email said they would probably know more after May 22.

Does anybody know what the situation is? Did they run out of spots in the class? :-(

Seems like they are waiting for PARP students to complete if they won't decide until June 15th.

Yeah. Seems like everyone should know where they stand by June 15th hopefully.
Could you give more detail on the phone call? Why June 15 exactly?
What does PARP students have to do with it?

Could you give more detail on the phone call? Why June 15 exactly?
What does PARP students have to do with it?

I'm not sure about the PARP part as that was the prior person's theory. I dont know if there is any significance to June 15th other than that the dust will have settled, so to speak.

Hello everyone, I'm just trying to be positive about this. If we didn't get any rejections yet it's because the school is waiting for spots to open (my opinion). Either after June 15th or after PARP is done (as someone above mentioned), whatever the school is waiting for, let's just be positive about this. If you read the thread from last year, some applicants were getting updates by mid-June and even after. Maybe this year is similar.

If you are one of those lucky ones and you talk to someone in the admissions office by phone, please share any valuable information. I know most of us are anxious and want to know ANYTHING! lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Is there a Facebook page for the class of 2021. I recently got accepted and I am trying to get in touch with current students to get there perspective about the HUCM experience. This will help me make a decision on which school to go with. I'm local and leaning towards Howard.
I need to decide before June 15. For those of you waiting, you might hear something around that time. Keep positive!!

Reactions: 1 users
Is there a Facebook page for the class of 2021. I recently got accepted and I am trying to get in touch with current students to get there perspective about the HUCM experience. This will help me make a decision on which school to go with. I'm local and leaning towards Howard.
I need to decide before June 15. For those of you waiting, you might hear something around that time. Keep positive!!

Congrats! Could you tell us when you got your acceptance email and when you interviewed? Thanks

Idk for the link copied right but you can search HUCM Class of 2021, but you can only be added after deposit is paid.

When is PARP done? We may hear something right after this program is done...

Ok, guys, I have been rejected. Just got a letter by mail. It says here that they sent it on June 2nd. I interviewed on March 1st, received an OOC on May 26th.

Ok, guys, I have been rejected. Just got a letter by mail. It says here that they sent it on June 2nd. I interviewed on March 1st, received an OOC on May 26th.
I'm sorry... Did they send you an email at all?? Did the letter explain why?

There are 20ppl on the waitlist for 1-2 seats. They will stop accepting students until first day of orientation (July 12) at 12 noon. Good Luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Have any waitlisted people tried calling in to get updates? They said to expect movement up until July 12th, but has any happened so far?