-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 New York University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NYU requires a $100 deposit from accepted applicants - is that refunded if we choose not to go to NYU?
Sorry, don't mean to be insensitive to those who were waitlisted/rejected.
It is only refunded if you withdraw your application by April 30th.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wonder what the difference is between the # of those waitlisted versus rejected. My guess is there's selection bias at play - people who were rejected this morning probably don't want to announce it to the world. The waitlist could be relatively small for all we know.
I wonder what the difference is between the # of those waitlisted versus rejected. My guess is there's selection bias at play - people who were rejected this morning probably don't want to announce it to the world. The waitlist could be relatively small for all we know.
I heard the opposite that the WL for NYU was huge.
When I saw the financial email come through, there was a slight hope that they made a mistake in waitlisting me, but was supposed to accept me 🙂
Tbh idk if NYU is waitlisting an exorbitant amount of qualified applicants this year because it's allowed its USNWR ranking to get to its head but it shouldn't count on many of the waitlisted applicants to stick around once they've gotten / have already gotten better offers.
Withdrawn post acceptance. Best of luck to the class of 2021!
So, how many WL'ers are going to be writing an LOI? I'm finally semi-over the initial disappointment.
So, how many WL'ers are going to be writing an LOI? I'm finally semi-over the initial disappointment.
wrote one after my interview which i regret cause now idk how to make my app standout when they look at waitlist
So, how many WL'ers are going to be writing an LOI? I'm finally semi-over the initial disappointment.
Me dying on the waitlist refusing to beg
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL I feel that. I'm freaking out though because personally I thought this interview was by far my best so I feel like I'm waiting on another 5 waitlists which is depressing. I feel like I need to get a move on early here :/Me dying on the waitlist refusing to beg
![]()
I'm unsure if I'm going to write an LOI. Does it actually help?
LOL I feel that. I'm freaking out though because personally I thought this interview was by far my best so I feel like I'm waiting on another 5 waitlists which is depressing. I feel like I need to get a move on early here :/
I feel ya, really hard to gauge what they're looking for. I've always been told I'm a good interviewer and as far as I can tell all my interviews went well but other than UVA it's been waitlists for days haha. Good luck, hope you get in here!
So are we just on the WL by default? Like if we don't withdrawal our app or do anything, we will be considered for admission in May? Or are there additional requirements to stay on the WL?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
My portal has not changed and I have not received an email. The Application page says that it has been submitted. Any help?
I would just call/email admissionsMy portal has not changed and I have not received an email. The Application page says that it has been submitted. Any help?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
This is not for OT program, correct?
Correct, this is the med school application thread.This is not for OT program, correct?
wow okay thank you so much
Is the WL basically a rejection? Is there any hope?
On my interview day, current students said there is a decent amount of waitlist movement, and one of the students who had gotten in off the waitlist said that NYU likes LOIs.Is the WL basically a rejection? Is there any hope?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Would you guys send a LOI asap, or wait till acceptances have to be finalized? (Is it April 30th?)
Wondering this too.
Last edited:
Med student at NYU here, who got in off the waitlist. I sent a LOI in mid-April that included a statement of interest, as well as application updates. To be honest, I'm not sure how much the LOI helped, but it certainly didn't hurt. Good luck everyone!Would you guys send a LOI asap, or wait till acceptances have to be finalized? (Is it April 30th?)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think so. It seemed like most students lived in the school apartments all 4 years because housing is subsidized.Does the NYU guarantee a dorm for medical school student?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
.
Last edited:
April 6-8; 6th is diversity day and it's optional. 7th is main event. 8th is about student lifedoes anyone know when second look is? have not gotten an email yet
April 6-8; 6th is diversity day and it's optional. 7th is main event. 8th is about student life
thanks! where did you find this?
It's in the packet they mailed usthanks! where did you find this?
Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
Did Anyone fill out the CSS profile yet? NYU requests the Common Application ID number? Where do I find this number?
When you create an account they will have you register and it will give you an assigned ID number. I suggest keeping the Financial Aid email open when when you first create an account because it contains several of pieces of info you will need to register. If you have already registered and have a CSS profile you can find it on the My Account page. Hope that helps!
When you create an account they will have you register and it will give you an assigned ID number. I suggest keeping the Financial Aid email open when when you first create an account because it contains several of pieces of info you will need to register. If you have already registered and have a CSS profile you can find it on the My Account page. Hope that helps!
I am sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean. I am not accepted at NYU yet. However, I am currently on the waitlist. I am trying to fill out the CSS Profile. I added "NYU" as one of the colleges. NYU requests the "Common Application ID". Where do I find this ID number?
I have my CSS ID? but I assumed the Common Application ID is something different?
Did Anyone fill out the CSS profile yet? NYU requests the Common Application ID number? Where do I find this number?
I think the Common Application ID is for undergraduate applications (the Common App). I put my AMCAS ID down.
I am sorry but I am not quite sure what you mean. I am not accepted at NYU yet. However, I am currently on the waitlist. I am trying to fill out the CSS Profile. I added "NYU" as one of the colleges. NYU requests the "Common Application ID". Where do I find this ID number?
I have my CSS ID? but I assumed the Common Application ID is something different?
Sorry-didn't mean to confuse you! I believe I also used my AMCAs ID when it asked at the beginning. I was referring to a question on the application near the end that asks for a CSS Profile ID # and I put down the number I was given when I registered for the site.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Sorry-didn't mean to confuse you! I believe I also used my AMCAs ID when it asked at the beginning. I was referring to a question on the application near the end that asks for a CSS Profile ID # and I put down the number I was given when I registered for the site.
No worries!! Thank you both for your help! 🙂
they seriously need to stop with the financial aid reminders because when i see "admissions" and "NYU" in the subject line, I have a slight moment of hope.
serious +1
also the subject line on my phone comes up as like "NYU School of Medicine Fin...." and then cuts off and I keep thinking it's gonna be "Final Admissions Decision" instead of "Financial Aid Reminder". Gets me every time
Technically it's April 30th, but yes if you withdraw before then you get the refundIf you withdraw before May 1st, do you get a refund on the $100 deposit?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K