You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 Stanford University Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Does the acceptance letter come in the mail too or only by email?
Seems like most people get it as email.
Anyone brave enough to call and ask if all acceptances have already been made???? lol I just want any news at this point!
Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April
Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone brave enough to call and ask if all acceptances have already been made???? lol I just want any news at this point!
Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April
please someone call Admissions lol!
please someone call Admissions lol!
I called and I was told that offers are still being made. I interviewed late January and he said that I would hear back by next week. It sounds like they've already made a decision on my application. Not looking too positive for me but there's hope!
I called and I was told that offers are still being made. I interviewed late January and he said that I would hear back by next week. It sounds like they've already made a decision on my application. Not looking too positive for me but there's hope!
did you call like yesterday after they met? or recently? cause maybe they still haven't finalized decisions yet or call will still be made either this weekend or next week?
did you call like yesterday after they met? or recently? cause maybe they still haven't finalized decisions yet or call will still be made either this weekend or next week?
I called like 10 minutes ago.
I called like 10 minutes ago.
thank you! sorry for asking so many question, I am just really invested in this awesome school. yeah it seems like they are still calling people but all decisions have been made. if we get no calls this weekend or next week, then I guess we might be rejected/WL. either way, I'm sure everyone has great options. best of luck!
Anyone brave enough to call and ask if all acceptances have already been made???? lol I just want any news at this point!
Should we at least expect to hear something no later than 3/15? Seems like last year, some people heard of WL all the way in April
Per AAMC traffic rules, by 3/15, Stanford only needs to have accepted at least the number of students in their incoming class (~90 students), which I think they have already done at this point. Every year, they accept close to 180 students though, so it makes sense that decisions may continue to role out in April, especially for the later interviewees. Hoping you all hear back soon!!
Per AAMC traffic rules, by 3/15, Stanford only needs to have accepted at least the number of students in their incoming class (~90 students), which I think they have already done at this point. Every year, they accept close to 180 students though, so it makes sense that decisions may continue to role out in April, especially for the later interviewees. Hoping you all hear back soon!!
i see, that makes sense. correct me if i'm wrong, but the last interview cohort was Feb 1st?
yeah Feb 1 was the last date. I interviewed then and havent heard anythingi see, that makes sense. correct me if i'm wrong, but the last interview cohort was Feb 1st?
just got waitlisted. really sad about it but life goes on.
. Wrong thread.
just got waitlisted. really sad about it but life goes on.
I'm so sorry to hear that... I know how you feel 🙁
You've got UCLA though-- congrats!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Seriously...I don't know if I should give up at this point.. 🙁Anyone hear anything? Phone calls / waitlist...
I think we should hear by the end of the week! Fingers crossed!
Trying to stay hopeful but this waiting game got me like [emoji854][emoji854]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I called today because the wait is excruciating and I got an answer that said we should hear "by the end of this week."
Idk if this is a bad sign for me or not but at least the wait will be over soon...
Idk if this is a bad sign for me or not but at least the wait will be over soon...
Literally praying it is today. Anything... I've waited enough to be prepared for a WL/rejection lol but a phone call would be nice too haha
what time will we hear back today?
/
Last edited:
The fact that no one has been rejected yet makes me feel like if we haven't heard by now... we're the ones in the rejected pool 🙁
sorry everyone! if you are waitlisted/rejected, they usually go out Sat mornings at 7am PST
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
sorry everyone! if you are waitlisted/rejected, they usually go out Sat mornings at 7am PST
Historically, Stanford does not issue out any post-II rejections. Some people this cycle actually received their acceptance call on a Saturday, so there is no reason to lose hope!
At this point, no news is good news!
Same, WL. My email said they only offer spots on the WL to those they would want to admit into the class..... from what this thread says tho, it appears everyone gets WL who doesn't get in?
Just got waitlisted too. Finally a decision. Interviewed 1/31 and they told me that day that for the past few years they haven't gone to the waitlist... I don't think I'll be waiting and probably going to withdraw soon.
Thanks for keeping me company guys! Best of luck wherever you end up for med school!
Thanks for keeping me company guys! Best of luck wherever you end up for med school!
Waitlisted as well after December interview. Stanford definitely takes the cake for worst communication with applicants throughout the cycle (originally we were told we would hear in January).
good luck to all those still waiting to hear! SMS was my top choice last yr so i know how it feels but hang in there 🙂
at this point, has everyone heard back?
No I didn't mention the interview date... but I didn't know that was necessary?I sent one in a week ago and they accepted it. Did you mention your interview date?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No I didn't mention the interview date... but I didn't know that was necessary?
Updates are only accepted post-interview so you need to tell them your date.
Updates are only accepted post-interview so you need to tell them your date.
ONLY updates. letters of intent or interest aren't accepted, LOL
ONLY updates. letters of intent or interest aren't accepted, LOL
Wow haha! Did admissions tell you this? I remember they also specifically said not to send thank you's post-interview either. Oh Stanford. Lol.
Last edited:
Wow haha! Did admissions tell you this? I rememeber they also specifically said not to send thank you's post-interview either. Oh Stanford. Lol.
lmao I guess they know people want to go there!
@calimed2017 did you try sending an LOI? Was thinking of doing the same, but was not aware they do not accept them...
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K
- Replies
- 35
- Views
- 11K