2025-2026 Stanford

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
not last year
How do you get access to this information?

Also, as much as I'm grateful for even being considered in the WL, I do not have much hope, as Stanford is THE school among all the T10 schools (amazing resources, arguably best location, incredible match rate, and the most flexible curriculum and insane amount of money to support students with anything they want to do). I truly cannot think of anyone turning down an offer there (maybe just to go to Harvard).
 
How do you get access to this information?

Also, as much as I'm grateful for even being considered in the WL, I do not have much hope, as Stanford is THE school among all the T10 schools (amazing resources, arguably best location, incredible match rate, and the most flexible curriculum and insane amount of money to support students with anything they want to do). I truly cannot think of anyone turning down an offer there (maybe just to go to Harvard).
would you say it beats UCSF? if 100 people has to choose between into Stanford or UCSF, how many would choose Stanford?
 
would you say it beats UCSF? if 100 people has to choose between into Stanford or UCSF, how many would choose Stanford?
You got a good point. However, I would totally choose Stanford over UCSF any given day, just because at Stanford there are more opportunities to explore things not directly related to medicine given the med school actually belonging to a bigger university with 100 other departments. UCSF is better location-wise if you want a bigger, busier city vibe with the same weather, but research-wise and training-wise both are pretty much the same, and Stanford is arguably better because, again, having other departments right there other than the medical school (I know people at UCSF still do stuffs with Berkeley, but that is still a bit of a commute).
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
You got a good point. However, I would totally choose Stanford over UCSF any given day, just because at Stanford there are more opportunities to explore things not directly related to medicine given the med school actually belonging to a bigger university with 100 other departments. UCSF is better location-wise if you want a bigger, busier city vibe with the same weather, but research-wise and training-wise both are pretty much the same, and Stanford is arguably better because, again, having other departments right there other than the medical school (I know people at UCSF still do stuffs with Berkeley, but that is still a bit of a commute).
Interesting point! I think the biggest plus for UCSF with regards to the UCSF vs Stanford comparison would be the $$$. For in-state students, COA at UCSF is $86,392 and Stanford is $116,942 (same for OOS for stanford). When we look at this across 4 years, there is a 120k price hike for Stanford. For me, I would choose UCSF, but that is a personal choice. Stanford is an amazing school. Good luck to everyone who was accepted -- you are all gonna be wonderful physicians wherever you end up choosing to go.
 
Do we know roughly how many people they accept and how many on waitlist considering the class size is only ~90, do they accept more than 90?

Or do they accept only 90 and then everyone else is on waitlist?
 
Do we know roughly how many people they accept and how many on waitlist considering the class size is only ~90, do they accept more than 90?

Or do they accept only 90 and then everyone else is on waitlist?
good question lmaoo I wonder who knows, my guess is they admit around 110-120ish and then once 20 - 30 ppl drop or don't PTE or CTE they open up waitlist spots/hearings / call on may 1 - 15 not sure
 
Idk about MD-only but my understanding for MSTP (which may be wrong) is that even at T5s-T10s there's a huge proportion of cross-admits among even tippity top schools, and (maybe with the exception of for some people Harvard, where some people perceive a moderate effect) there isn't a definitive career-prestige difference among T10s compared to other factors like location/advisors/vibes/departmental offerings, so I have heard yields are generally <50% and at least 2X class size get offers (even at a T5). I do think yields are higher at md only though (since students choose more rankings-based and less consistent admissions process), and I'm not an expert either way.
 
i feel for you, im an INTL and also got WL...I thought their post-II acceptances for us were pretty high 🙁
It was high last year, but apparently not this time 🙁 I got accepted at another T10 with much lower post-II A rate for international applicants. I guess this process can be so arbitrary 🙁 I hope you have heard some good news elsewhere!
 
Interesting point! I think the biggest plus for UCSF with regards to the UCSF vs Stanford comparison would be the $$$. For in-state students, COA at UCSF is $86,392 and Stanford is $116,942 (same for OOS for stanford). When we look at this across 4 years, there is a 120k price hike for Stanford. For me, I would choose UCSF, but that is a personal choice. Stanford is an amazing school. Good luck to everyone who was accepted -- you are all gonna be wonderful physicians wherever you end up choosing to go.
IS tuition advantage is a good point. I’m not qualified for it so I guess that’s why I never thought of this haha.
 
Is your update tab still on the portal? Also MSTP and interviewed MD on 12/3, and my update tab is still visible and have heard nothing...
no update tab, i emailed my update letter after realizing there was no option to do it on the portal. best of luck to you, this waiting game is awful :,)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Got the MD acceptance call too!! Was in an interview when I got it lol... had to call back and they confirmed it. Also applied MSTP, interviewed 12/3
Suffering_from_Success.jpg
 
Just got the acceptance call!! Applied MSTP, they said MSTP decisions will be released later 🙂
Got the MD acceptance call too!! Was in an interview when I got it lol... had to call back and they confirmed it. Also applied MSTP, interviewed 12/3
huge congrats to you guys 🥹 the parasocial relationship is real lmao rooting for you guys for the mstp <3
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I would love to ask the group who has interviewed before if it is allowed to talk to myself during the 2-minute waiting period, or I need to stay quiet?
 


Any current med student here can confirm this? That number seems crazy to me

It's on the MedScholars website that's linked. They also talked about it during the interview sessions, so can confirm this is pretty much true. Stanford literally throws money at people interested in taking extra time and doing research, which is why soooo many students at Stanford take 5+ years to complete their MD. Literally too many opportunities, which is awesome
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi, did anyone interviewing on February 4th not receive a Kira link in their email? I see it in my portal but never got an email.