You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2024-2025 Stanford
Started by wysdoc
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
NoDoes Stanford send your interview schedule ahead of time? Like do they tell you who your interviewers are?
lavalamppp
New Member
Just so everyone knows, interviews are officially done and everyone will receive a decision within the next three weeks! Good luck 🙌
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
OOS PSTP A, called at 9:45 AM, LM 76, interviewed on 2/5!
Last edited:
marmaladetoast
Full Member
OOS MD A !!!! Around 10 AM this morning, and they called! I've never been so surprised in my life. LM 78.7 and interviewed 2/5
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Is there an accepted students group chat or group?
Randomguy128
Full Member
There is a slack group that you’ll get an invite for with one of the discovery day emails
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
Stupid question… if you applied for PSTP and got into Stanford, did you also get into PSTP automatically? Or was there a separate process?
I applied and was told I'm interviewing for just MD.Stupid question… if you applied for PSTP and got into Stanford, did you also get into PSTP automatically? Or was there a separate process?
How does the decision process work? If other people have received As from your interview date, does it mean I am waitlisted or rejected? Also, do they only send decisions on Friday? My interview was not that great so I am expecting the R, but just want to know when I should expect the bad news so I can move on 🙁
Last week they said all decisions should be made by mid/end of MarchHow does the decision process work? If other people have received As from your interview date, does it mean I am waitlisted or rejected? Also, do they only send decisions on Friday? My interview was not that great so I am expecting the R, but just want to know when I should expect the bad news so I can move on 🙁
I applied PSTP and got an interview for both MD and PSTP. They told me that the decision is the same for both if you interview for both. If you get accepted to Stanford, you’re also accepted to the PSTP if you interviewed. However, it seems like based on Gatsby’s comment that you can get also only get a regular MD interview and not a PSTP interview. But you can always apply after matriculation too. It’s not competitive.Stupid question… if you applied for PSTP and got into Stanford, did you also get into PSTP automatically? Or was there a separate process?
I forget, are we allowed to send thank you notes? or did they say anything about it?
I forget, are we allowed to send thank you notes? or did they say anything about it?
I sent mine to the admissions office 🤷♀️ They never replied - wonder if that's why I got WLed 😆 jk
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
I didn’t send one
matchamed9
New Member
hey guys, I interviewed 2/19 and I checked previous years' threads and I don't see any As from people interviewing this late. is it possible to get an A or am I cooked?
Sdn doesn’t represent everyone. I interviewed 2/19 and I’m going to get an A 😛hey guys, I interviewed 2/19 and I checked previous years' threads and I don't see any As from people interviewing this late. is it possible to get an A or am I cooked?
matchamed9
New Member
have any predictions on when decisions will be released?Sdn doesn’t represent everyone. I interviewed 2/19 and I’m going to get an A 😛
2 weeks 🤷♂️have any predictions on when decisions will be released?
sphingolipid1
Full Member
I've been wondering, does being waitlisted fairly early in the cycle mean you have a worse shot at being accepted off the waitlist? I interviewed 11/29 and was waitlisted 2/3, it seems like a lot of people who interviewed before/after me were considered for longer before an ultimate decision was made. Just curious!
lavalamppp
New Member
Is it just As they call for and WL and R are over email?
Woodfordrw
New Member
Does Stanford release on specific days of the week or no?
D
deleted1195293
From my understanding, decisions typically come out on friday and you get a call if A. My email/portal change was a couple days after (Monday evening). My post-II button disappeared that same week. Good luck 🙂
matchamed9
New Member
Anyone not have a post-II button anymore ?
Yes 😳Anyone not have a post-II button anymore ?
malpacca90
Full Member
By post-II button, are you all referring to the interview tab?Anyone not have a post-II button anymore ?
malpacca90
Full Member
Congrats!! 10AM in which time zone? (PST?)OOS MD A !!!! Around 10 AM this morning, and they called! I've never been so surprised in my life. LM 78.7 and interviewed 2/5
The post interview update tab is gone so I can’t provide any update for my app anymoreBy post-II button, are you all referring to the interview tab?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
OOS A, got the call in the middle of my run lol. in complete shock!!
Congrats! What interview date? And email too?
mangoesareinmyhead
Full Member
thank you!! and 2/19. no email yet, think that’ll be in a few days iirc what was said in the callCongrats! What interview date? And email too?
edit: got an email a few min ago!
Last edited:
Same interview date 😭 hope I get a call toothank you!! and 2/19. no email yet, think that’ll be in a few days iirc what was said in the call
edit: got an email a few min ago!
Waitlist email 😕
Can someone help me understand the waitlist commit to enroll rules? It says
So what do we do about another acceptance offer elsewhere on April 30 when we have to narrow down? Doesn’t make sense to risk an acceptance elsewhere for a possible WL movement..
Candidates who are not “Commit to Enroll” elsewhere
So what do we do about another acceptance offer elsewhere on April 30 when we have to narrow down? Doesn’t make sense to risk an acceptance elsewhere for a possible WL movement..
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
You don’t have to Commit to Enroll on April 30th. Each school has different CTE deadlines. On April 15th, you have to drop down to 3 schools with one of them designated as plan to enroll. On April 30th, you have to drop down to one school and designate that as PTE. That way you can stay on waitlists. You have to officially CTE by the school’s individual deadline (unsure what Stanford’s is), which typically is in end of May or June
Mangoenthusiast
Full Member
For example, if you get into WashU and want to stay in Stanford’s waitlist, you will PTE to WashU on April 30th. WashU has a CTE deadline of July 21st, so you are allowed to stay on the Stanford waitlist until then
cheertofear
New Member
I do not want to be insensitive, so please forgive me if I come across that way, but have people actually been receiving rejections? I thought historically post-II, everyone not given an A was put on the WL. Have they really changed that this year?
Maybe but it’s also probably safe to assume if you’re not in the may 1-15 wave of acceptance that you’re likely rejectedI do not want to be insensitive, so please forgive me if I come across that way, but have people actually been receiving rejections? I thought historically post-II, everyone not given an A was put on the WL. Have they really changed that this year?
Woodfordrw
New Member
Stanford doesn’t accept updates or demonstrated interest post waitlist right?
I asked, they said it doesn’t factor in/isn’t necessaryStanford doesn’t accept updates or demonstrated interest post waitlist right?
Chances are low for us.So a WL here means essentially no chance right? They already overexcept, so I assume it’s better to take a WL as a R?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Rainbowsandbubblegum
New Member
I thought this year there were more Post-II rejections given than in previous years. I’m pretty sure this thread had some rejections back in December for MD only.I do not want to be insensitive, so please forgive me if I come across that way, but have people actually been receiving rejections? I thought historically post-II, everyone not given an A was put on the WL. Have they really changed that this year?
Got an MSTP II yesterday, is this just basically an II for a waitlist? Should I bother getting my hopes up?
I think you absolutely have a shot. Stanford does not interview for the WL! Go crush it!
origami_guru
Full Member
Is Stanford still sending out A? Trying to figure out most likely status from Feb interview
Woodfordrw
New Member
Do we know by how many they over-accept for their 90 person class?
Studiosssss
Full Member
Has anyone who has been waitlisted tried to email an LOI or an update? If so, what did they respond with? Wondering if it’s worth it to yolo one hahah