You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2016-2017 University of Nevada - Reno Application Thread
Started by WedgeDawg
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey I applied last cycle and am a re-applicant. Last year secondaries went out around August and first round of II went out in the middle of August.Haven't heard a peep in this thread at all. I'm guessing that secondaries won't hit until mid-August again?
Seems like last year, a lot of OOS were denied pre-secondary. Good luck, tho, everyone!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey I applied last cycle and am a re-applicant. Last year secondaries went out around August and first round of II went out in the middle of August.
Thank you, sir. Should I even ask based on your username if you are an IS?
Haha yep, instate. Just graduated from UNR.Thank you, sir. Should I even ask based on your username if you are an IS?![]()
They just sent me a rejection email I believe because I'm not from Nevada, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, Wyoming, Arizona, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, or of the eastern slope of the Sierra Nevada range. I'm from Cali.
Apparently these were requirements for Residency I needed to fulfill: http://medicine.nevada.edu/asa/admissions/applicants/selection-factors/residency-requirements
Apparently these were requirements for Residency I needed to fulfill: http://medicine.nevada.edu/asa/admissions/applicants/selection-factors/residency-requirements
Last edited:
IS applicant here. I'm pretty glad they send out secondaries later than most schools, definitely wanna spend some time with this one without being swamped with others
Hey I applied last cycle and am a re-applicant. Last year secondaries went out around August and first round of II went out in the middle of August.
Quick question you can PM your answer. I was wondering what were your stats last year when you applied. I'm in a tough situation not so great GpA but high Mcat (526). Don't get me wrong I have a massive upper trend.
Thanks in advance 🙂
Quick question you can PM your answer. I was wondering what were your stats last year when you applied. I'm in a tough situation not so great GpA but high Mcat (526). Don't get me wrong I have a massive upper trend.
Thanks in advance 🙂
Hey buddy, I'm from UNLV, and a lot of my friends get up there. A lot of my friends had marginal stats 508/3.7 and still managed to get an interview, so to have that high of an MCAT, you're in good hands. Plus, I hear they are big on holistic review.
Hey buddy, I'm from UNLV, and a lot of my friends get up there. A lot of my friends had marginal stats 508/3.7 and still managed to get an interview, so to have that high of an MCAT, you're in good hands. Plus, I hear they are big on holistic review.
That's great news but I'm not even close to a 3.7 more like a 3.25 cgpa and 3.1 sgpa. I posted my stats on a WMC. junior and senior year maintained all As. Strong EC and 5 strong LOR.
Nice to see another May MCATer applying here haha. Good luck!IS applicant here. I'm pretty glad they send out secondaries later than most schools, definitely wanna spend some time with this one without being swamped with others
Ayyyyyy May represent! Good luck and let's nail it this cycleNice to see another May MCATer applying here haha. Good luck!
They sent out secondaries already? What was the prompt?Why was my secondary app $75 when it says it is $45 on the website? I am in state
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone please post the secondaries? What are my chances if I am from CA with <505. I would say pretty good since I am from neighboring state huh
Unless you are from the Eastern slope of the sierras it is unfortunately 0%Can someone please post the secondaries? What are my chances if I am from CA with <505. I would say pretty good since I am from neighboring state huh
http://medicine.nevada.edu/asa/admissions/applicants/selection-factors/residency-requirements
Got the secondary. Verified 6/7. Only 5 days to complete it?! Such pressure...
Got the secondary. Verified 6/7. Only 5 days to complete it?! Such pressure...
Wow, that is tight! Could you post the prompts please?
Also, any OOS get the secondary? I'm an Idaho resident, hoping not to get rejected pre-secondary. I know how selective they are in that regard :x
Received a II update on my portal. It asks me to choose a date for the interview, but there are none available spots. Anyone having the same problem?
Same for me. My UNR portal says, "Congratulations! You have been invited to interview at the University of Nevada School of Medicine." but i am unable to select a date.
Hmm never received my secondary from this school or any email at all. :O
Same... Submitted on June 20thHmm never received my secondary from this school or any email at all. :O
You out of state also? I'm in Arizona.Same... Submitted on June 20th
Nope instateYou out of state also? I'm in Arizona.
Weird... maybe they screened us?Nope instate
I hope not haha. LizzyM of 70.Weird... maybe they screened us?
Any II? I have the tab on the portal, but no dates. Hope they give them out soon.
No II for me either aside from the new tab. I wonder if UNR and their admissions dept is a smaller operation than most schools, which explains longer secondary emails and limited applying from OOS.
Anyone get a secondary from here recently? I submitted on June 20th and haven't heard anything still.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Also in state and still waiting to hear anything from them
I am out of state. California.....no secondary invite or anything.....i guess my residency criteria doesn't cut itYou out of state also? I'm in Arizona.
Did you get this problem figured out? I am having the same issue...Same for me. My UNR portal says, "Congratulations! You have been invited to interview at the University of Nevada School of Medicine." but i am unable to select a date.
Did you get this problem figured out? I am having the same issue...Received a II update on my portal. It asks me to choose a date for the interview, but there are none available spots. Anyone having the same problem?
.
I called today to see if there was something missing from my application or if I was screened for some reason, but got transferred to a voicemail, hopefully I can get an answer soon!
@spicynuggetfiend Could you please post the prompt to the secondary and tag WedgeDawg?Got the secondary. Verified 6/7. Only 5 days to complete it?! Such pressure...
My bad this thread kinda fell through the cracks for me@spicynuggetfiend Could you please post the prompt to the secondary and tag WedgeDawg?
What aspect of medical school do you foresee being of greatest challenge to you and why? How will you prepare for it? (250 words or less)
Based on your interests and prior experiences, describe how you will contribute to the improvement of healthcare in Nevada. (250 words or less)
@WedgeDawg
.
Last edited:
Did you ever get in contact with them?I called today to see if there was something missing from my application or if I was screened for some reason, but got transferred to a voicemail, hopefully I can get an answer soon!
I emailed them yesterday and just got a response. Pat Romney said that they've had a glitch in their system which has prevented them from sending out the official interview invitations however it should be fixed shortly and invites are intended to go out in the next few days. The first round of interviews will be held on September 6th and 7th from 2-7 pm
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not a peep. Called a few days in a row and was told each time that I needed to talk to Pat Romney. Finally just left her a message, no response. I don't know whether I want to call again so soon, I don't want to screen myself from one of my top choices...Did you ever get in contact with them?
Anybody know what's going on with unlv's accreditation process? Are we going to be able to apply there this year, and will we be notified if we can?
The only thing I've heard is that there is a meeting about accreditation on Oct 17th which will decide if they can start recruiting their first class. If they get approved I assume we can apply through AMCAS but that's just a guess.Anybody know what's going on with unlv's accreditation process? Are we going to be able to apply there this year, and will we be notified if we can?
Hopefully the first round of II goes out soon!I emailed them yesterday and just got a response. Pat Romney said that they've had a glitch in their system which has prevented them from sending out the official interview invitations however it should be fixed shortly and invites are intended to go out in the next few days. The first round of interviews will be held on September 6th and 7th from 2-7 pm
Just got an II, complete late July
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K