2016-2017 University of Nevada - Reno Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Were you notified by phone or email? When did you interview?
email and i can't remember the exact date but it was sometime in October

Members don't see this ad.

I was also accepted by email!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else feeling the crushing weight of disappointment?

Reactions: 1 user
Trying to keep hope alive! If someone checks to see if all of them for this month have gone out already, please update me :(

Last edited:
Trying to keep hope alive! If someone checks to see if all of them for this month have gone out already, please update me :(
I called because I'm feeling discouraged too! Haha. The man I talked to said that some were sent today & others won't be sent for a few more days. Stay positive! Easier said than done, I know :)

Also accepted! Notified on Friday! For you other accepted individuals, have any of you looked at the criminal background check? I am a little confused as we were instructed to send the results directly to the Admissions Office, but the form specifically says that this can only be used for personal use and can only be mailed to either you or your attorney...

Members don't see this ad :)
Do we know if we'll hear back tomorrow or Tuesday because of the holiday?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using SDN mobile

Also accepted! Notified on Friday! For you other accepted individuals, have any of you looked at the criminal background check? I am a little confused as we were instructed to send the results directly to the Admissions Office, but the form specifically says that this can only be used for personal use and can only be mailed to either you or your attorney...
Yeah confused about that too. I'm assuming we just put the address listed in that acceptance packet in the place where it says Attorney only. I'm also not sure what we have to send as proof that we've requested the background check. Also, do we just need to send them an email saying we accept? I'll probably give them a call tomorrow since I think they're closed today.

Last edited:
Yeah confused about that too. I'm assuming we just put the address listed in that acceptance packet in the place where it says Attorney only. I'm also not sure what we have to send as proof that we've requested the background check. Also, do we just need to send them an email saying we accept? I'll probably give them a call tomorrow since I think they're closed today.

Ok good-- happy to hear that I'm not the only one. I actually sent Patricia an email yesterday asking about the address and also about what form of proof we send in, so we are on the same page. Additionally, I wrote a letter that says I accept and mailed it with the signed "requirements for admission" page but I think you could also just email a formal acceptance.

Accepted.
JK GOT IN!
Accepted!!
I was also accepted by email!

Congratulations! When were your interviews? Were you OOS or IS?

Congrats to everyone else as well. :) Just curious, do the rest of you have direct UNR ties?

Anyone know when the next batch of acceptances are going out?

Anyone find out what kind of proof we need to send in that shows we requested the criminal report?

Anyone find out what kind of proof we need to send in that shows we requested the criminal report?
I got a PDF of my background check when I submitted it through that FBI website and I'm just gonna email that.

I got a PDF of my background check when I submitted it through that FBI website and I'm just gonna email that.
Oh, I thought you had to mail the whole packet in? Or is it different if you use the Live Scanner location? I don't have one of those locations near me so I just have to head over to my local PD and send the whole app in via mail :(

Oh, I thought you had to mail the whole packet in? Or is it different if you use the Live Scanner location? I don't have one of those locations near me so I just have to head over to my local PD and send the whole app in via mail :(
Oh yeah I went to a live scanner location so I was just going to use the PDF as the proof that I'd started it and then mail in the actual packet when it arrived. Sorry, maybe try giving Pat a call?

Does UNR do a second look program? - I don't remember them mentioning it on interview day.

Does UNR do a second look program? - I don't remember them mentioning it on interview day.

Yes they do. I just got an email about it but I am unsure if all students are invited to it.

Yes they do. I just got an email about it but I am unsure if all students are invited to it.
Hmm interesting I didn't get that email and was accepted in January. Maybe you're right that not all students get invited?

Last edited:
Haven't heard anything today. I interviewed in early October. You guys?

Haven't heard anything today. I interviewed in early October. You guys?
Interviewed in September. Nothing... Anyone call the office to see if acceptances have been sent out already? If I recall they were a few days late last year

Btw anyone remember if rejection notices are by email as well or are they mail only? Not to think negatively lol, just thinking!

Btw anyone remember if rejection notices are by email as well or are they mail only? Not to think negatively lol, just thinking!
Rejections and waitlist are mailed but I don't remember if they do all of those during the last round of acceptances or if they do them throughout

Rejections and waitlist are mailed but I don't remember if they do all of those during the last round of acceptances or if they do them throughout
Just looked at last year's thread and it looks like they mail them throughout actually.

No word yet anyone?

Given the small class size, it is somewhat conceivable that acceptances have been sent out yesterday but no one posted reception of one on this site. I haven't called to confirm this and, in general, wouldn't do so.