2016-2017 University of Nevada - Reno Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
it's possible, but you'd assume at least one person would have posted something.

Members don't see this ad.

it's possible, but you'd assume at least one person would have posted something.
Even if it might a bit hopeful, I agree Sirabi. Last year it looks like they released on the 17th, a Tuesday. Also the FB page has not grown in size. We'll see...

Reactions: 1 user
Just got a rejection in the mail...guess they did make decisions after all

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a rejection in the mail...guess they did make decisions after all
Aw noooo really? So sorry to hear that :/ Just keep your chin up and hang in there. Nervous to check my mail later then...

Out of curiosity, for you two who received notices today, if you don't mind- are you guys local? Just wondering if all notices sent to Reno addresses have arrived already? Understandable if you prefer not to say

At the interview I think they may have said we could call and determine about where on the waitlist we fall. Does anyone remember hearing this and/or plan on calling?

OOS
also i think pat said she wouldn't say where on the list you were but she would tell you if there had been movement on the list.

OOS
also i think pat said she wouldn't say where on the list you were but she would tell you if there had been movement on the list.
Hmm okay because I guess I interpreted it as like they could tell you if you're towards the top or bottom but definitely not specifically what place on the list. Also I'm OOS.

Last edited:
Hmm okay because I guess I interpreted it as like they could tell you if you're towards the top or bottom but definitely not specifically what place on the list. Also I'm OOS.
Last year they told you if you were top, middle, or bottom third if you called

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, for you two who received notices today, if you don't mind- are you guys local? Just wondering if all notices sent to Reno addresses have arrived already? Understandable if you prefer not to say
Alternate list, OOS

Members don't see this ad :)
No acceptances at all for February yet? Anyone contact admissions?

No email as of yet. No letter as of yet. Sort of reminds me of pulling off a Band-Aid reallllllyyyy slooooooow.....

Have you guys tried calling? That's really weird that no one's heard. I have a few friends applying and none of them have heard either so I don't think it's exclusive to SDN.

So they must not actually decide on candidates in order of interview dates huh. I thought they do but if I interviewed in October and someone who interviewed in January got a notification this month (I didn't even know interviews happen in January) then they must not necessarily consider you in order of interview date/month. Does anyone happen to know?

i know a couple people who got acceptance emails on Feb 15th. everyone just loves watching us all squirm and make stuff up.

OOS here. I was placed on the top tier alternate list. Anyone know historically how many make it off the alternate list make the cut i.e what tier they dip into?

I received an acceptance on 2/23, IS. Not sure if I was momentarily on the alternate list or what. For those of you still waiting, I would probably expect a lot of movement since I would imagine UNLV and UNR are going to be accepting a lot of the same applicants.

Reactions: 1 users
I have been accepted and I really liked the school, but I am not 100% sure this is going to be my final decision. Do I still accept the offer and then before April tell them whether or not I will be attending?

I have been accepted and I really liked the school, but I am not 100% sure this is going to be my final decision. Do I still accept the offer and then before April tell them whether or not I will be attending?
yeah accept it since there's no deposit or anything required. you can hold the acceptances until April 30th

Or, as an alternative, you could decline while mentioning that Brawndo would be a pretty good option to take your seat. Just saying.....

Reactions: 3 users
Hello friends and future colleagues, I'm currently apartment hunting and would love to hear your opinions on housing options. Has anyone rented with ponderosa village before? Besides their specific on-campus housing option, which areas of reno would you recommend living in? Other accessible/safe/quiet areas that you're currently renting?
From what I've heard those are super overpriced. There's a ton of more affordable places to live around campus. If you find roommates I'd recommend The View appartments. I lived there for a year during undergrad and they're super nice. I think they were about $500/month unless prices have changed.

The villas at keystone canyon are really nice and close to campus.
Any house in the old Southwest area is a good choice. Also the homes west of campus. Might be challenging to find one tho.

Anybody hear anything yet today?

Maybe it'll be a day or two later because the match is this week too?

Maybe it'll be a day or two later because the match is this week too?
Hopefully, fingers crossed! For some reason though I have a sinking feeling that notices were in fact sent out yesterday and people who recieved them just didn't post about it :/ I know that's what happened last month.

Hopefully, fingers crossed! For some reason though I have a sinking feeling that notices were in fact sent out yesterday and people who recieved them just didn't post about it :/ I know that's what happened last month.

Haha, that's exactly what I decided happened. Good luck to all of us applying again next year!

Haha, that's exactly what I decided happened. Good luck to all of us applying again next year!

Anyone else notice the difference between theses two timeline descriptions on the website? One releases on the 15th through April the other ends in March... just wondering if anyone with a later interview heard any information on this. Could have changed with UNLV in the equation this year?

http://med.unr.edu/admissions/applicants

http://med.unr.edu/admissions/how-to-prepare/undergraduates/timeline

Anyone else notice the difference between theses two timeline descriptions on the website? One releases on the 15th through April the other ends in March... just wondering if anyone with a later interview heard any information on this. Could have changed with UNLV in the equation this year?

I did notice that, awhile ago. I never really knew what to think of it. I always thought they just didn't update the page that says it ends in March but maybe it's true that the 15th of this month was the last round and now everyone else will just be waitlisted but I really don't know.

I think the second link is outdated since it says that traffic day for AAMC is May 15th but it's actually April 30th this year. I would assume that first link is more updated but I could be wrong.

I think the second link is outdated since it says that traffic day for AAMC is May 15th but it's actually April 30th this year. I would assume that first link is more updated but I could be wrong.

Yeah that was my thought as well. Just making sure I didn't miss something. Anyway, good luck to everyone!

I called the admissions office; they stated that the acceptance letters were sent out yesterday.

Recieved an alternate list notification via mail today. :)

Got the waitlist letter today. We can call and ask if we're in the top middle or bottom third right?

Got the waitlist letter today. We can call and ask if we're in the top middle or bottom third right?
Yes! I called Pat yesterday to confirm my approx location. Wish we knew about how many people are on the list though...

Yes! I called Pat yesterday to confirm my approx location. Wish we knew about how many people are on the list though...
I heard from past years that the list is 30 applicants but I don't know if they uphold that every year. Anyone else know?

Accepted off the waitlist yesterday via phone call. Never lose hope! Will be matriculating here, see you guys in the fall.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted off the waitlist :)

Reactions: 2 users
Accepted today! Just got the call this morning! There is definitely movement :) I was Mid Tier Waitlisted.

Reactions: 5 users
Accepted off the wait list yesterday!! :joyful:

Reactions: 3 users