2016-2017 University of Pittsburgh Application Thread

Started by WedgeDawg
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys fill out the coursework information based your original transcript or the AMCAS-verified version? My school is on the quarter system so the hours don't match up with the AMCAS-verified hours.

Did you ever end up finding out which one to put down?
 
Anyone know how many are accepted? I know 148 matriculate, and pitt seems to have a lot of waitlist action, with 112 acceptance offers off the WL
 
How strict are they about requiring 2 semesters of organic chemistry? Can I substitute 1 semester of Ochem and 1 semester of Biochem instead, or should I use the comment section to indicate that I will take Orgo2 in the Spring if necessary?
 
does Pitt send out official confirmation emails after secondaries are received? I can't access the portal anymore, but I wanted to see if there were ways of checking on the status of my application.
I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Anyone receive a completion email? I submitted my secondary on July 8th..my app status only states that I was invited to complete a secondary app.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
does Pitt send out official confirmation emails after secondaries are received? I can't access the portal anymore, but I wanted to see if there were ways of checking on the status of my application.

I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Anyone receive a completion email? I submitted my secondary on July 8th..my app status only states that I was invited to complete a secondary app.
I haven't received a complete email. Secondary submitted 7/11. LOR received by Pitt on 7/15

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
 
I would like to know the answer to this as well.
Anyone receive a completion email? I submitted my secondary on July 8th..my app status only states that I was invited to complete a secondary app.

No secondary completion email for me either, submitted ~7/11. App status does confirm submission, though [emoji1360]


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I haven't received a complete email. Secondary submitted 7/11. LOR received by Pitt on 7/15

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile

I'm in the same boat... I submitted on 7/6 and they have all my letters, but it still says status "invited to complete secondary application".
Did anyone's status actually change to say submitted or completed?
 
ImageUploadedBySDN1469018982.314239.jpg

^^ confirmed. If you submitted your secondary awhile ago and it still hasn't updated, it may be time to inquire...


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
 
I'm in the same boat... I submitted on 7/6 and they have all my letters, but it still says status "invited to complete secondary application".
Did anyone's status actually change to say submitted or completed?

From last year's thread, it seems that the status "Invited to complete supplemental application" doesn't update unless you're invited to an interview.
 
From last year's thread, it seems that the status "Invited to complete supplemental application" doesn't update unless you're invited to an interview.

I submitted the secondary yesterday 7/19 and my status is "submitted", but I do not have a status above that says invited to complete supplemental." That message is gone.
 
I gave in to the pre-med anxiety and sent the admissions office an email asking about the status situation. I'll let you guys know what they say.

Ok, they got back to me right away and told me my application had been successfully submitted - so as long as the page says the secondary is submitted, we're all good!
 
Got a II this morning. Keep holding out y'all, they're slowly trickling in! No status changes on the online portal that would indicate it was coming, so no need to be concerned if it still says "invited to complete secondary."
Congrats! Can you tell us your stats and completion date for us neurotics?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For people who have received a II, were all of your letters of rec in? I submitted secondary couple of days ago but my undergrad college won't submit letters until mid-August.
 
For people who have received a II, were all of your letters of rec in? I submitted secondary couple of days ago but my undergrad college won't submit letters until mid-August.
My letters were all in-- thankfully my school doesn't offer the committee letter, so I got to do it on my own terms! I hope they get yours in ASAP!
 
They must be doing it random or something does anyone know? LizzyM 76 complete 6/29 and letters all in


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I'm in the same boat! Completed 6/28 with all LORs, LizzyM 77 and no response yet. Wondering if they have a special system or I really goofed somewhere..


Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Just because you have high stats and were completed early does not mean you'll be given an early interview or even an interview. It isn't random. They are inviting people that are completed and that they like the most (due to mixture of stats, ECs, and essays).

Sent from my SM-N900T using SDN mobile
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad