1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Hey, Guest, do you know how much will it cost you to apply to medical school? Check out SDN's Medical School Application Cost Calculator and plan your budget.

2017-2018 California Northstate University

Discussion in '2017-2018 Allopathic School Specific Discussions' started by gyngyn, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Cholecystokinin

Cholecystokinin

Jul 8, 2017
    So for their coursework requirements, Idk if I'm in a dilemma because it asks for a year of general chemistry with lab but my university (UCSD for those also in the same boat) only offers one quarter of lab with three separate quarters of the general chem series (so the lab course is a whole course in itself with its own lectures). It's kinda the same for Ochem with us....anyone have input? :/ I really appreciate it!!

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. carpeomnious

carpeomnious 2+ Year Member

Aug 13, 2015
    M3 here from another UC also with quarter system. I can't remember how I filled out the application, but it'll be fine. If you're really worried, send an email to admissions ([email protected]) and ask.

Driven_Docta likes this.
  4. Cholecystokinin

Cholecystokinin

Jul 8, 2017
    Thanks so much for the input!

(This is for others) I played around with the course input and noticed that for the lab requirements, they only require at least one entry for a lab grade. So I guess all is well!

5. DocHopeful120

DocHopeful120

Jun 27, 2017
    Utah
    Received mine 7/14..... Submitted to AMCAS 6/1

6. LilBoat

LilBoat

Jul 8, 2017
    So for the place where it asks "Lab included?" you just put the grade you got in the lab course? Nothing else? I was planning on using one of my bioengineering lab courses as the requirement.

7. Cholecystokinin

Cholecystokinin

Jul 8, 2017
    Since the first box requires a lab grade (whether or not the course has a lab included) I would put the lab course in the first box, and then the non-lab lecture courses in the remaining boxes and just leave the "Lab grade" question blank since the later boxes don't require the grade.

8. madojo

madojo

Apr 19, 2016
    this schools just a mess, not submitting a secondary sorry

9. svek

svek 2+ Year Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Just received my secondary, I submitted AMCAS June 18th, was verified on 7/11

It is kinda weird that the "secondary" is just my Paypal info though

Edit: nevermind, I read through the rest of this thread. They will send you to the real secondary after you pay.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2017
  10. muffinbakinginprocess

muffinbakinginprocess

Jul 28, 2017
    +1, verified on 07/21

11. muffinbakinginprocess

muffinbakinginprocess

Jul 28, 2017
    Can I PM you about the school? or maybe can you share your experience with the school eto everyone? Thankss!

12. carpeomnious

Aug 13, 2015
    Sure, feel free to PM me :) But I may not be able to respond right away because of rotations.

muffinbakinginprocess likes this.
  13. joeception

joeception

Jan 1, 2017
    I just received the secondary, but I am hesitant about this institution. I live literally about 40 minutes away though so I may just pay the $100 because it would not cost anything for me to go to the interview.

14. scrubsalublub

scrubsalublub

Apr 9, 2017
    Anyone having this issue: Part III-Prerequisites page-- Clicking No for "Lab Included?" opens dialogue for "Lab grade," but clicking Yes for "Lab Included" prevents from entering lab grade?... Not sure how to proceed...

15. svek

svek 2+ Year Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Seems sensible to me. If you have 2 grades on your transcript, one for lecture and one for lab, then you click "No" so you can enter your lab grade. If you only have one grade then click "Lab Included" and enter that single, combined grade.

16. svek

svek 2+ Year Member

Sep 9, 2013
    What is everyone writing for the "Recommended" prompt?

17. Immunorunner

Immunorunner

Jan 1, 2017
    Verified 6/27 and still haven't heard anything from them. I have gotten secondaries from all the school that filter so I am not sure what is going on.

18. cassenex

cassenex

Feb 22, 2016
    +1

19. joeception

joeception

Jan 1, 2017
    I submitted a primary here around July 18th and just received the secondary a few days ago. I would not worry too much it is still really early in the cycle.

Immunorunner likes this.
  20. ariri

ariri 2+ Year Member

Aug 4, 2015
    For this question, would years after graduating college count as gap years?

5. [Optional] If your education has been discontinuous since high school, please explain why. Examples of discontinuities include time taken off while obtaining your undergraduate degree, in addition to gap years. (250 words maximum)

21. carpeomnious

Aug 13, 2015
    Yes. Unless you did another degree after graduation, such as postbac, MS, MPH, etc. And maybe even then it might be considered a gap year since you're not a "traditional" (going to med school straight after undergrad) student.

22. Kingsmen2018

Kingsmen2018

Feb 8, 2017
    Anyone get II yet?

23. pediatricneurotrauma

pediatricneurotrauma 2017 - 2018 Applicant MD-To-Be

Dec 21, 2016
    I don't really know why I applied here but no, not yet.