2023-2024 University of Southern California (Keck)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel like everyone who interviewed in January has been waitlisted :(

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I feel like everyone who interviewed in January has been waitlisted :(
Does anyone know anyone who interviewed in Jan and wasn't waitlisted? I'm pretty heartbroken but also frustrated that if I'd known no one interviewing in Jan would get the A I would have sent a letter of intent to Mayo and maybe I'd have gotten in there. Ugh, I'm just sad

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
WL. Interviewed January.

Do they reject anyone post-interview? Haven’t seen any on here….. certainly seems that January ppl were meant to fill the waitlist

• Sad
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
This blows :// has anyone received an A today??

• Sad
WL. Interviewed January.

Do they reject anyone post-interview? Haven’t seen any on here….. certainly seems that January ppl were meant to fill the waitlist

I don’t think they reject anyone, at least no one has posted anything. They don’t interview that many people anyway.

Not that many people have posted As in general, like 90% of post-II posts here are WLs even back when I interviewed in November

Same but I didn’t hear anything so I’m so confused, is that a WL?
No, I got an email with an invitation to request being added to the alternate list on the application portal.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard through the grapevine that Keck is WL almost everyone who interviewed on the later side. Apparently the class size is shrinking a bit but according to my mentor at USC there should be a fair amount of WL movement.

Reactions: 4 users
I heard through the grapevine that Keck is WL almost everyone who interviewed on the later side. Apparently the class size is shrinking a bit but according to my mentor at USC there should be a fair amount of WL movement.

Interesting, thanks for letting us know! Seems like pretty much all the As came from September, October, and November interviews. At least based on what was posted on sdn

Interesting, thanks for letting us know! Seems like pretty much all the As came from September, October, and November interviews. At least based on what was posted on sdn
Yeah obviously there’s more to the story I’m sure but it seems to track with what was reported here. I’ll keep everyone updated if I hear more!

Out of curiosity, can accepted students who think they will likely go elsewhere like this message? Asking for a friend lol

Yeah obviously there’s more to the story I’m sure but it seems to track with what was reported here. I’ll keep everyone updated if I hear more!
Have you heard anything else through the grapevine? 😅 Very anxious for any info on how likely this WL movement is for me.

Have you heard anything else through the grapevine? 😅 Very anxious for any info on how likely this WL movement is for me.
I haven't heard anything else... I'm thinking that we are just in limbo until may unfortunately

Anyone else get completely ghosted? Complete 8/6 IS no pre-II R yet. At this point I doubt they’re still interviewing so idk why they haven’t sent my R yet.

has anyone heard anything about scholarships from keck yet?

Is anyone still waiting on a decision post-interview? Or is it just down to the WL now?
They told us recently that the class has been downsized from 180 to 120 students. Our Facebook has approximately 145 accepted students, so I think at this point it depends on the retention rate around May 1st.

They told us recently that the class has been downsized from 180 to 120 students. Our Facebook has approximately 145 accepted students, so I think at this point it depends on the retention rate around May 1st.
Did they say the reason for the downsize?

Did they say the reason for the downsize?
Current M1 here at Keck. The reason for the downsize according to the Dean's is to increase spending per student in research opportunities and to similar to other higher ranked institutions and their methods.

Reactions: 3 users
Ouch this is sad news for us hopefully waiting on the wait list as I'd assume movement will be lower. This whole process has felt like a punch in the gut. :cryi:

If it helps you feel better, there were quite a few people at accepted students' day that were not 100% committed to keck as they were awaiting to hear back from other schools and/or deciding between other schools they were accepted to

Ouch this is sad news for us hopefully waiting on the wait list as I'd assume movement will be lower. This whole process has felt like a punch in the gut. :cryi:
Feel the same way. However, maybe they interviewed fewer people and the waitlist is smaller than previous years? Hoping for the bests

OOF. Well, it is what it is

Any word on Financial aid?
They've given some merit/recruitment scholarships directly from the admissions office. As confirmed by the Scholarship Committee rep during the financial literacy segment of accepted students day

Stupid question, do we have to wait until April 30th to for PTE? or can we do it now? does it even make a difference?

Stupid question, do we have to wait until April 30th to for PTE? or can we do it now? does it even make a difference?
You should make your PTE selection as soon as you can. For Keck, the PTE deadline is April 30, so it's probably best to select it before then. If you are still waiting for fin aid packages and can't quite make a selection by then, Dean Arias said to email the admissions office and suggested to keep an open line of communication with them

• Love
withdrew my acceptance, best of luck everyone!

I mean, I’m gonna send it. At this point there’s no telling though. Either it works out or it doesn’t, it’s in the hands of the adcoms lol. Manifesting we all get in though
Last year they sent an email before the LOI basically saying how much to write and how to address it… all that info.. I think it’s really good chance if you’re truly considering dropping your current schools and going…