2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted! I’m beyond excited. Emory is such an amazing school. With such amazing students and staff. Haven’t observed anything quite like the medical community at Emory

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Accepted! Interview mid December. I’m beyond excited. Emory is such an amazing school. With such amazing students and staff. Haven’t observed anything quite like the medical community at Emory
How did you find out? Through portal or letter?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted! Interview mid December. I’m beyond excited. Emory is such an amazing school. With such amazing students and staff. Haven’t observed anything quite like the medical community at Emory

How did you find out? Through portal or letter?

Did anyone else hear? The paper we got on interview day said acceptances would be mailed tomorrow.

Did anyone else hear? The paper we got on interview day said acceptances would be mailed tomorrow.
S/he is definitely a troll. Their admissions committee meeting was today, and the acceptance packages will be mailed tomorrow. Until then, you will not be notified of anything from the committee.

Reactions: 6 users
S/he is definitely a troll. Their admissions committee meeting was today, and the acceptance packages will be mailed tomorrow. Until then, you will not be notified of anything from the committee.
Lol thats what i thought

Sent from my [device_name] using SDN mobile

Did they update portal on the same day they mail ?

Last edited:
Are they update portal on the same day they mail ?
From the last wave of acceptances, it seems that they updated the portal noon the following day they mailed the letters out. However, who knows if they will be updating the portal on a Saturday. Either way, that won't stop me from compulsively checking SDN and the portal every 20 mins for the next 24 hours...

Reactions: 5 users
Wow-tough crowd lol. I also got a call last night with an acceptance but she said that letters were going in the mail today! It's not the norm but i have some ties which is why I think I got a call. I was honestly too shocked to ask any questions so I'm not sure when the portal will be updated. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Why PM ?

Block your name out and post here as proof
Wow-tough crowd lol. I also got a call last night with an acceptance but she said that letters were going in the mail today! It's not the norm but i have some ties which is why I think I got a call. I was honestly too shocked to ask any questions so I'm not sure when the portal will be updated. Good luck everyone!
glad someone else posted. Wasn’t sure how many this happened to since my caller did mention it was not traditional and I’m typically over concerned about anonymity on the internet ! Haha but at least everyone will know that I’m not trolling.

Its so bizzare that they called people, they were so adamant that they would not be calling unless you are off the waitlist in the summer. They said it at least 5 times at my interview, they even provided the example that if your address was wrong or has changed and you dont respond in a given time they would call you BUT not tell you of your acceptence instead they would only tell you that they had good news and they need your proper address.

Idk maybe im wrong but they seemed very set on informing people in what they consider the traditional method aka snail mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
Its so bizzare that they called people, they were so adamant that they would not be calling unless you are off the waitlist in the summer. They said it at least 5 times at my interview, they even provided the example that if your address was wrong or has changed and you dont respond in a given time they would call you BUT not tell you of your acceptence instead they would only tell you that they had good news and they need your proper address.

Idk maybe im wrong but they seemed very set on informing people in what they consider the traditional method aka snail mail.

The same information was conveyed to me. Emory insisted that they would stick to tradition by only mailing acceptance letters.

The same information was conveyed to me. Emory insisted that they would stick to tradition by only mailing acceptance letters.
I remember hearing this from admissions staff during my interview, which is why I was surprised. But my phone call was not from admissions staff. So maybe what you all are mentioning is limited to admission staff (not faculty). They did mention during the call that this type of communication was not traditional.

I remember hearing this from admissions staff during my interview, which is why I was surprised. But my phone call was not from admissions staff. So maybe what you all are mentioning is limited to admission staff (not faculty). They did mention during the call that this type of communication was not traditional.

Ok we get it.

I don't care how you notify me (email, phone, telepathy, fax, pigeon, owl, telegram, in person) just invite for me an interview plssssss!!

Reactions: 7 users
Ok we get it.
not sure if this wasn’t intended to be a little harsh, but seeing as multiple people repeatedly mentioned this I thought I’d try and provide some clarification (by mentioning staff vs faculty). I understand everyone is anxious to hear back. Wishing everyone the best here and with other schools.

Accepted to Emory MSTP!! Just got the call :)

I am not applying this cycle but I keep seeing people saying that they have strong ties to Emory. Can anyone elaborate what strong ties means? Thank you, good luck everyone :)

I am not applying this cycle but I keep seeing people saying that they have strong ties to Emory. Can anyone elaborate what strong ties means? Thank you, good luck everyone :)

Strong ties = family member/colleague that works for the emory, have friends that go/went there, participated in some emory related program, or lived nearby!

Like I live 10 minutes down the road from emory and I’ve done both a pre-college and an undergraduate program at emory, and shadowed doctors within the emory healthcare system which is why I say “close ties”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Strong ties = family member/colleague that works for the emory, have friends that go/went there, participated in some emory related program, or lived nearby!

Like I live 10 minutes down the road from emory and I’ve done both a pre-college and an undergraduate program at emory, and shadowed doctors within the emory healthcare system which is why I say “close ties”

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I personally wouldn't say that having friends who attend/have attended Emory qualifies as strong ties.

Anyone have a portal update yet? Wondering if they've decided to take a break for the holidays.

Accepted via letter in the mail! Interviewed earlier this month :)

Reactions: 7 users
Letter in the mail today, accepted! Portal should be updated tomorrow!

Letter in the mail today, accepted! Portal should be updated tomorrow!

Congratulations!! Did the letter say something like “the portal will update on Dec. 27th or did it say “The portal will update one day after mail is recieved?”

I live on the west coast so snail mail takes forever...the wait is torture

Congratulations!! Did the letter say something like “the portal will update on Dec. 27th or did it say “The portal will update one day after mail is recieved?”

same!!! Been a stressful holiday season..

It said noon on the 27th!

Accepted via portal!

Last edited:
Accepted via portal! My letter was sent to my undergrad school up north so this is a complete surprise, considering I felt it was my worst interview performance!

Anybody that got accepted this round interview on Dec 15?

If there are any current students on this thread, I was wondering if you would be able to chime in on this. If we didn't get accepted this round, how are the chances of being accepted on the next acceptance dates?

Reactions: 6 users
Anyone know how many more rounds of interviews Emory will have? And what was the time in between them saying you got an interview and the actual interview date?

Anyone know how many more rounds of interviews Emory will have? And what was the time in between them saying you got an interview and the actual interview date?
There was about a 2 week interval from the invite to the actual interview, but I think that's a little bit different for everybody.

Oh ok, was just wondering as I haven't seen any official info go out.