2017-2018 Emory University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Emory care significantly about ties to the area? I keep seeing that mentioned in this thread.

Members don't see this ad.

Any thoughts on what my chances would be of getting an interview. 3.87 GPA, 517 on the MCAT, with pretty cookie cutter, average ECs. I have done a lot of research, however I have not been published yet. I am in-state and live in metro ATL. I have received 3 interviews so far, two of them from schools in Georgia and the other is out of state. I was complete second week of August. I thought I would have received an interview by now , but maybe my ECs are not strong enough.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invitation received today (11/6). Submitted secondary on 7/14 and marked complete shortly thereafter. LizzyM ~70, OOS ORM.

Interview dates span from December on.

Reactions: 8 users
Jumping on this thread, complete 7/11 and complete silence. Anyone else in a similar boat?

Reactions: 19 users
Still silent here - I have an update I can add in December, and I think it’s time to tell them that my parents live just two hours from Atlanta at this point - not in GA, but close by (as it seems they connections). At this point, there are only two schools I would kind of like to hear from and this is one of them!

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Where can you list ties to the area? I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I have a ton of family that lives in Atlanta/Doraville, etc. but I didnt think of mentioning it as its private not public

Where can you list ties to the area? I don't remember seeing this anywhere but I have a ton of family that lives in Atlanta/Doraville, etc. but I didnt think of mentioning it as its private not public
They have an area where you can post updates. They seem to have a (somewhat limited) regional preference, so I say add it in.

Members don't see this ad :)
They have an area where you can post updates. They seem to have a (somewhat limited) regional preference, so I say add it in.

I actually submitted an update in September about a new volunteering role since my noncinical was lower end, but their update system is a little strange. It seems it's not separate updates but more so that you keep adding on to additional updates (it has the 1000 character limit).

I think if update with just the ties to the area it's not significant is it?

There is a review article I'm on that's being submitted next week and is essentially accepted already (our lab was invited to submit it so they can't really reject it haha) so I can probably also put that along with updates on hours etc

Congrats!!

I wasn't complete until early September...maybe my file is coming up soon in the application pile?! #wishfulthinking

Also, would you mind sharing what interview dates were available?

The earliest dates were mid-December, I didn't look if they were scheduling January

Hope’s getting slimmer as Emory is still reviewing people who completed in August and I completed in September...

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know if we might be getting portal updates//mail if ITA today? Or should we expect them tomorrow?

Hmmmm completed 8.18, and nothing yet. Looks like they will get to us soon.

Has anyone who interviewed in the past month's portal been updated yet?

accepted on the portal!!!!!!!!!! words cant express how happy i am!!!

Reactions: 4 users
At the interview, Emory said that if you aren't accepted in a certain wave of acceptances, your application will be reconsidered for the next one and so forth until March. Does anyone know if this is actually the case / did anyone get an acceptance 3-4 waves after your interview date?

I interviewed literally the first week of Interviews at Emory (In state) and There have been two acceptance waves and I have not gotten in. Can I assume at this point I am toast, or is there actually a real chance I can get it in one of the next 3 waves?

Does anyone know if the portals update all at once?
Ugh, I don't know but I don't see an update in my portal :( Wondering when I should stop checking.. I keep telling myself that since I'm in CA maybe they wouldn't update mine until 12:00 here, but I doubt that is true... :/

Accepted!! I wouldn't have thought to check the portal, thanks for the reminder!!

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when I would potentially get an interview if my secondary was submitted Sept 2 (late, I know). Also a Canadian so it's probably not very likely but hopefully my stats make up for it.

Anyone know when I would potentially get an interview if my secondary was submitted Sept 2 (late, I know). Also a Canadian so it's probably not very likely but hopefully my stats make up for it.

My feeling is that Emory does a type of scoring system and slowly invites people according to score (this is a complete guess just based on watching the application cycle and understanding how some schools work). So completion date will make a difference on when they review your application, but it may take a bit longer to get to an invite. I have no idea what they are prioritizing, so if/when you hear back is largely up to what they are looking for and how well you match that.

Good luck! I hope you do hear from them. I’m trying to remain in the south, so Emory is one of the three schools I would like to hear from before the cycle is over. Maybe we will see each other at an interview in the future?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

can someone comment on if the interviews are open or closed? or one of each?

Anyone have any insight on if Emory still has interview invites to be sent. I was complete in July and have yet to hear anything.

Does anyone know the likelihood of being accepted at a later wave? Do people usually get accepted only from the one closest to their interview?

might as well just reject us right now. i won't have a problem with that

Just got an II today for a Fri dec 1st interview (in 3 days!) due to a cancellation so have hope!!

Reactions: 6 users
Interview Invited for the MD/MPH program today! LM ~ 77-78, complete late July.

Reactions: 6 users
In the middle of prepping for my interview tomorrow, I got an II from Emory at an odd hour of 8 PM! Literally in cloud 9 right now!! Needlessly to say, I cannot concentrate anymore :soexcited:

Reactions: 5 users
Just got an II! :)

Not sure if I can afford to attend but very honored!!

Reactions: 3 users