2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Placed on continued consideration today :oops:

Ah you were on my interview day and I haven't heard anything :(
Sorry you were put on CC!

Has anyone else from the 2/13 or 2/15 interview days heard back??

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone with a tough interviewer get accepted?
GREAT QUESTION! I’d like to know as well

Tough interviewer and CC. Honestly, I had such a negative experience with my faculty interview and a somewhat negative one with my student. This would have strongly deterred me from attending had I had this school in the running.

Reactions: 1 user
Tough interviewer and CC. Honestly, I had such a negative experience with my faculty interview and a somewhat negative one with my student. This would have strongly deterred me from attending had I had this school in the running.

What happened with your faculty interview?

Wow I didn’t realize people got tough interviewers...my Loyola interviews were the most relaxed and conversational I’ve had! It didn’t even really feel like I was being interviewed. That’s crazy that there is such a variance...

Reactions: 1 users
Wow I didn’t realize people got tough interviewers...my Loyola interviews were the most relaxed and conversational I’ve had! It didn’t even really feel like I was being interviewed. That’s crazy that there is such a variance...
What happened with your faculty interview?

I have gone on 15 interviews this cycle and I only really had 2 negative experiences. And at both schools, everyone else in my interview group were all so very happy at how their interviewers were all so very nice and relaxed that it made me feel like I was singled out. I have had interview experiences that I would describe as tough, but not necessarily negative. Having an interviewer ask you tough questions does not mean it is a negative interview in my book. Having an interviewer who is blatantly rude and shoots down everything you say and things in your application constitutes a negative experience from me.

What made my experience even worse here was the fact that my interviewer was a Loyola-lifer. He did his med school, residency, and fellowship at Loyola, and was now a faculty member. If it were some hotshot guy from Pritzker who's only at Loyola so he can stay in Chicago that would be different. But the fact that the Loyola system allowed for such a person to remain in their system really rubbed me the wrong way, and left me with a bitter taste in my mouth from Loyola. Loyola more than most schools seems to emphasize creating humanistic and compassionate physicians and human beings in general. This was almost the exact opposite read I got from this person.

Now before the backlash, I am in no way saying Loyola is a bad school or that their faculty is rude. There is no doubt in my mind that 95% of you on here probably had the exact opposite experience and absolutely loved your faculty interviewer. I am just stating what my experience was. And also, no I am not bitter or anything. I have multiple acceptances that I am happy with, and in all honesty, had I been accepted to Loyola and loved my experience here, I don't think I would even be considering this school. I have acceptances at "higher ranked" schools much closer to home, and I have no intention of really moving to the mid-west for residency or beyond.

Also as another note, the food here at Loyola was hands down the best of my 15 interviews. And I interviewed at some schools known to have good food.

Last edited:
This was my same experience, which was unfortunate because I enjoyed my overall interview day at Loyola. My interviewers were trash. I felt like people like them were the reason why MMI interviews were made so people could not more unbiased.

YES. I think MMIs are so much better to assess applicants with. Traditional interviews can and IMO are unfair because if you bomb your interview, then you hypothetically have no chance of being accepted. It's too bias. Employing a little bit of each sounds even more reasonable so you can get to know the applicant plus find the right student for your institution.

I am SOOO fortunate and happy that I was paired with interviewers that seemed to like me and that I think were engaging to speak to at Loyola. I had a traditional interview at 2 other schools and I totally blew those bc the interviewers didn't seem to be engaged. Got rejected by one and waitlist for the other (which idk if it will ever turnover)

Members don't see this ad :)
I suppose it makes me feel slightly better knowing other people had not so great experiences. Gosh, I thought I was the only one. I sure felt like it during my interview day seeing how excited and positive the other interviewees felt after theirs.

My first interview (w/ current student) was awesome. She was so great that it didn't even feel like I was interviewing. After I left it, I was stoked to go to my next one with a faculty member. when lo n behold...just brutal. from the very first minute I could just sense that this person did not like me. I tried really hard and from their expressions alone, I could tell it wasn't going to go well. I don't know what it was. I was SO sad afterwards. I keep re-running the experience in my head. I'm still waiting to hear back and I'm praying to god, my first interviewer can save me with their review because I absolutely LOVEEEEEEEEEED everything about this school. I will most definitely choose this school if I get in......gosh, I hope I get it =(

Does anyone know the details of the review process post-interview? I know that Mr. Nabers went over this during my interview, but i can't remember the details.

My portal hasn't changed and it's almost been 2 weeks after my interview. Bad sign?

My portal hasn't changed and it's almost been 2 weeks after my interview. Bad sign?
It probably just means that your interviewers haven't submitted their feedback. It should change to: "Your interview has been completed. We thank you for visiting us and for your interest in our program."
Mine changed pretty quickly, they said it should take about a week but mine changed in a couple of days. I would call and check.
They also said that a new box should appear to submit post-interview updates. Did that happen on your portal?

Mine hasn't changed at all. I'll try and call. Could this be an indication of how my interview went?

No not at all. It just means that your interviewers prolly got busy and forgot to hand in their evaluation of you. Don’t fret it. Simply call and admissions will remind them to submit it.

No not at all. It just means that your interviewers prolly got busy and forgot to hand in their evaluation of you. Don’t fret it. Simply call and admissions will remind them to submit it.
Tried calling, but I missed them :( I'll recall on monday..

Is there a facebook group for accepted students, class of 2022?

Last edited:
I heard they were meeting march 12 but i think they usually meet tuesdays

oh i wonder where you heard that but I didn't even know they meet on Tuesdays lol. That's good to know. Another thing to add to my neuroticism

I spoke to someone from Admissions last week and they are meeting (already met?) today.

For those waiting to hear back, when did y'all interview??
Jan 4th, but will we hear back via phone call or email?

Was told last review of app was today and reviewer will be submitting their recommendation to committee.

Was told last review of app was today and reviewer will be submitting their recommendation to committee.

You'll receive a phone call if accepted, or an email if put on continued consideration.

last review of all apps?

Do you feel I would be at a disadvantage to not attend second look? What kind of things do they really do there?

Did anyone with a tough interviewer get accepted?

I did. My interviewer caught a grammar error in one of my essays and proceeded to say I was careless and that i should be more careful ... next year when I have to apply again.
I was put on CC but accepted 2 months later.
Maybe he/she just wanted to see my reaction? Either way, I will most likely still be attending in the fall :)

Reactions: 1 user
Do you feel I would be at a disadvantage to not attend second look? What kind of things do they really do there?
I'm going to look for potential roommates. Nothing would make first year suck like living with some complete stranger that you wind up hating.