2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre II R. Complete 7/8

Members don't see this ad.

Pre-II R complete August. At least I know my app didn’t get lost lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Pre-II R, complete late July. Good luck everyone still in the running :)

Joining the pre-II R wave. This makes rejection number 25 esketit

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Pre-II R earlier today. Good luck to everyone else!

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Can anyone who was accepted confirm if Loyola also sends a physical acceptance letter via snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who was accepted confirm if Loyola also sends a physical acceptance letter via snail mail?
They do - you’ll get a package. At least I did. Maybe that changed ?

• Hmm
Hopping on the pre-II R train. OOS, complete early August

I emailed admissions so I'll keep y'all posted!

For financial aid documents, do we just have to fill out the FAFSA for now?

When it comes to financial aid/scholarships etc, would it be better to wait until we get award letters to contact Financial Aid about competing offers? Just wondering because I got a scholarship notification from the other school but am still very very interested in Loyola

When it comes to financial aid/scholarships etc, would it be better to wait until we get award letters to contact Financial Aid about competing offers? Just wondering because I got a scholarship notification from the other school but am still very very interested in Loyola
I notified them the moment I got a scholarship offer from another school so they would know prior to making their aid offer. They notified me that it would be brought up during their financial meeting so I would do it beforehand

I notified them the moment I got a scholarship offer from another school so they would know prior to making their aid offer. They notified me that it would be brought up during their financial meeting so I would do it beforehand
Did you reach out to financial aid or admissions?

For those accepted, how do you know if there is additional documentation needed for financial aid. I made my account for the portal and document upload but it doesn't say anything.

On our Interview day, Dean Nabers told us to direct all financial inquiries to him and gave us his card so I reached out to him
Dean Nabers was not apart of my interview day if I recall but if this is true then when I receive my financial aid awards from other schools I should contact him no? Or would it be better form to contact admissions first?

Dean Nabers was not apart of my interview day if I recall but if this is true then when I receive my financial aid awards from other schools I should contact him no? Or would it be better form to contact admissions first?
I would contact admissions then and have them direct you to who to contact

For those accepted, how do you know if there is additional documentation needed for financial aid. I made my account for the portal and document upload but it doesn't say anything.
Where did you see the info about making an account for the portal? I didn't see this anywhere

Where did you see the info about making an account for the portal? I didn't see this anywhere
It's all the LOCUS account, I got the invitation to make one about ~1 week post A, then 3 weeks later got an email saying my FAFSA was received and it said we would receive additional communications if anything else was required to submit

Reactions: 3 users
It's all the LOCUS account, I got the invitation to make one about ~1 week post A, then 3 weeks later got an email saying my FAFSA was received and it said we would receive additional communications if anything else was required to submit
Oh gotcha thanks for the info! I was recently accepted, so I guess I should wait a bit more.

Did you receive the FAFSA confirmation email from Loyola? Submitted my FAFSA but haven’t heard anything 🤔

Update: no acceptance letter will be mailed, just the email

Can someone specify the time frame for hearing anything post interview, whether it's an acceptance or not? I know they said 4-6 weeks, wondering if they stick to that

Can someone specify the time frame for hearing anything post interview, whether it's an acceptance or not? I know they said 4-6 weeks, wondering if they stick to that
Based on previous pages of this thread, they seem to stick to what they say. I haven’t heard back yet from a mid-feb interview but i’m assuming more news will come this week, if not then probably last week of March since that’s the end of the time frame we were told on interview day.

They try their best. We just had spring break so they may have had to wait an extra week or something to meet.

Have people received Merit scholarships or financial aid yet? Any idea what the timeline will be?

Have people received Merit scholarships or financial aid yet? Any idea what the timeline will be?
I checked my Locus last night and saw an award there but when i go back now its no longer there,so looks like theyre just starting to disperse aid

I checked my Locus last night and saw an award there but when i go back now its no longer there,so looks like theyre just starting to disperse aid
Hey! How do you know your Locus log-in information? I am not sure I received information regarding this.

Any current/former Stritch students out there have any experience or thoughts on the Bioethics program? What sort of events and/or opportunities are involved in this? Thanks in advance :)

Just received an email with a merit scholarship offer. Will check LOCUS later to see if there is a full award letter yet

Just got an email that I have I am in 'continued consideration'.... not entirely sure what this means, but sounds like their version of a waitlist :/ Does anyone know if there is movement from this, especially after being put on it at this point in the cycle?

P.S. I interviewed on 2/22

I interviewed somewhat recently actually and I was surprised to hear back around 2 weeks post interview. Kinda weird cuz they told me it would take 4-6 weeks!

Just got an email that I have I am in 'continued consideration'.... not entirely sure what this means, but sounds like their version of a waitlist :/ Does anyone know if there is movement from this, especially after being put on it at this point in the cycle?

P.S. I interviewed on 2/22
Right there with you soldier. Got the same email today and interviewed late feb. I'm sure there are people on CC list right now that will get in, but idk if anyone besides the admissions committee could answer your question accurately

• Care
Sorry to ask if it’s already been posted but is there currently a GroupMe for accepted students?

Reactions: 4 users
I saw an "Awards" tab show up on Locus today, but it only has loans listed. Does anyone know if this means my financial aid package is finalized? I'm still hoping for some amount of merit scholarship haha😅

I saw an "Awards" tab show up on Locus today, but it only has loans listed. Does anyone know if this means my financial aid package is finalized? I'm still hoping for some amount of merit scholarship haha😅
Where did you find your locus ID?