2021-2022 University of Chicago (Pritzker)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh BOY. Well at least this hopefully means any need/merit-based I would’ve received will be redistributed to others! Rip.

Thank you for the help! I will take your advice immediately and email them. Fingers crossed :)
Just noting for anyone else who missed the deadline like I did, the Director of FA responded saying that everything was going to be okay. The deadline is set early to ensure the office doesn't get inundated, so as long as you get in the FA application and FAFSA as soon as you can, it'll be alright haha. Good luck folks

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Very late but also got the WL Thursday after an August interview. Will be withdrawing, good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad :)
They'll probably send out the official links and everything soon, probably when they send out the itinerary for Revisit Day

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone know when they start looking at the waitlist? I have a paper under review and likely to be accepted at a good journal. Deciding whether to update them now or after I receive the decision. I could also do both, but I know a number of schools do not like to be bombarded with letters.

Just got my financial aid award! Super generous

Last edited:
Bruh how’s it only March.. we gotta wait till MAY for the WL movement 😭😭😭

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just curious to know if anybody got a full of cost of attendance scholarship?

I'm just curious to know if anybody got a full of cost of attendance scholarship?
I haven’t heard anything, but I heard that the max they provide is full tuition. However, I wonder if someone gets a full tuition via merit aid, could their need based aid cover CoL?

Just got my fin aid package!

Also I';m pretty sure they only do up to full tuition, not full cost of attendance (for merit aid). But I could be wrong!

I haven’t heard anything, but I heard that the max they provide is full tuition. However, I wonder if someone gets a full tuition via merit aid, could their need based aid cover CoL?
Thanks girl
I was trying to see if I could negotiate getting the full COA

Fin aid letter received today.

Edit: merit aid (half tuition) included

Last edited:
Amazing
I was curious to know whether or not need based aid will be added on top of merit?
Great question because it looks like I only have half tuition and the rest are covered by loans

i wonder if they are releasing the financial aid offers in random order o_O

Anyone accepted in Feb hear about aid yet?

Anyone get an email regarding missing financial aid information and it asks you to fill out the returning student application?? I’m not a returning student and I have email confirmation of submitting the form they sent us right after being accepted.

Anyone get an email regarding missing financial aid information and it asks you to fill out the returning student application?? I’m not a returning student and I have email confirmation of submitting the form they sent us right after being accepted.
I got it too (accepted applicant and even got financial aid package 2 days ago). I think it's an error and they sent it to everyone including accepted and current students. I emailed the fin aid office so once i get a response I will post it here.

Yeah I just go that too and freaked out a little bit lol. I also emailed them about this as I had a Pritzker application confirmation email to show. I will let you know what they say when they get back to me.

Slightly unrelated, did any admitted students get their UChicago ID/log in information? The email I got says we should be able to check our financial aid status through the my.uchicago portal but I can't seem to find that information anywhere.

I got a response that said it was an automated email and to ignore it.

Reactions: 2 users
Is there an accepted student groupme for Pritzker? I know there is a facebook group but it's super quiet there haha :D

Can current students at PSOM tell me if a letter of intent is well received by the admissions committee? I'm thinking about submitting one to Pritzker next week or so, but I want to be sure that it will (hopefully) increase chances of acceptance. Thank you!!

Can current students at PSOM tell me if a letter of intent is well received by the admissions committee? I'm thinking about submitting one to Pritzker next week or so, but I want to be sure that it will (hopefully) increase chances of acceptance. Thank you!!
I am not a current student. I am waitlisted and when I emailed admissions they said that they do review letters of interest/intent when they review the waitlist. It won't hurt to submit one.

Last edited:
Have any waitlisted students started hearing back?
not me at least haha. I have a feeling that Pritzker is sitting pretty in the CYMS dashboard of many students that narrowed to 3 this past Friday and that so few As were dropped it's not worth summoning the committee over it. But I am sure that we'll have waitlist movement in May!

Looks like WL movement probably wont happen til after the 9th.

Omg I literally almost passed out receiving that email sent out to WL peeps today.

• Haha
as far as I know Pritzker hasn't done this before - curious as to what that might imply. I feel like there might be an abnormally small or large number of openings in the class this year

Lets hope it’s the latter 😩😓😪
as far as I know Pritzker hasn't done this before - curious as to what that might imply. I feel like there might be an abnormally small or large number of openings in the class this year

I'm not sure that it means anything, since plenty of schools do it and they might just be joining the bandwagon. If I had to pick one, though, it would make more sense that they are looking to narrow the field because they need to make a larger than typical number of calls.

anyone know if wl movement starts today? or tomorrow?
Probably tomorrow because today’s the last day to notify Pritzker you’re interested in staying on the WL.