2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If they are done with interviews, why aren't they sending out pre-II Rs? Please just end this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
If they are done with interviews, why aren't they sending out pre-II Rs? Please just end this waiting game.
Hey, I want to hold on to that hope of attending medical school in Chicago a little bit longer. I don't want that R yet LOL.

Reactions: 1 users
So the first time they pulled people off CC was Friday Feb 19. And it trickled over the following Monday.

Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So the first time they pulled people off CC was Friday Feb 19. And it trickled over the following Monday.

Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?
I’m hoping so!

If someone already asked this, my bad: when's orientation? I think it is sometime near the end of July, but the most recent date I could find was from 2018

Probably not gonna work like that

• Sad
Members don't see this ad :)
I know they pulled a few people off CC last week. Is it possible to get pulled off CC at any committee meeting from here on out? Or do they typically wait until all post- interview decisions go out before pulling more people off CC?

Pre-II R! Good luck to everyone else.

• Care
Here we go. Ive been anticipating this for a long time now. Give me my R!

Reactions: 1 user
Pre-II R. The wait was unbearable on this one.

• Care
Wow they received 16K apps this year, that has to be a new record...! I don't remember what the secondary fee was here, but that's ~$1.6MM in revenue the admissions team raked in. Hopefully they get some phat bonuses this year LOL.

• Wow
Reactions: 3 users
Pre-II R. Good luck to those still in the running and I look forward to being colleagues someday regardless.

Pre II-R. Loyola undergrad, full-time job at Stritch, and volunteer for Loyola. By far my top choice. I know they get a ton of applications but this stings. I'll be back next year :)

(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users
(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
OMG, lol. I guess Stritch thinks it's honor to get a rejection from them. Im awaiting mine haha

Finally got that pre-II R, good luck everyone!!

Pre II-R. Loyola undergrad, full-time job at Stritch, and volunteer for Loyola. By far my top choice. I know they get a ton of applications but this stings. I'll be back next year :)

honestly such a troll rejection letter

• Haha

Bout spit out my morning beverage laughing at this :laugh: SSOM is on something else today.

Also got the pre-II R as an IS applicant (without the confetti, though). Kindly will be requesting back the 12 hours I spent on that secondary. No way they actually read those responses for every applicant lmao.

Good luck everyone!

• Haha
OOS. Another Pre-II R as well for me! ✌

I finally found something I'm good at doing...

Bout spit out my morning beverage laughing at this :laugh: SSOM is on something else today.

Also got the pre-II R as an IS applicant (without the confetti, though). Kindly will be requesting back the 12 hours I spent on that secondary. No way they actually read those responses for every applicant lmao.

Good luck everyone!
They do :) we have something like 200 different readers. Also, only like 10,000 or so acrually complete the secondary.

Pre-II R. I wonder if applicants in this upcoming cycle are going to deal with high volumes too since the pandemic has had things shut down for so long. Best of luck to everyone!

(without the confetti, though)
I think it's just an outlook feature that pops confetti whenever "congratulations" is in an email. So it probably wasn't intentional. At the time though, it felt like a kick while I was down :lol:

As the Pre-II R wave comes sometime soon just remember that medical school will be magical wherever you end up. I did not get in my first cycle, was actually rejected pre-II from loyola. Life works in mysterious ways. In my second cycle I ended up interviewing at places far better than my first cycle. Don't give up hope and be happy knowing you're probably going to end up somewhere WARMER.
I appreciate this. It's exactly how I feel about the acceptance I have. Everything works out in the end

Pre-II R this morning. This was the last school I had a glimpse of hope for. O well. Good luck to all

• Care
Kinda hurts knowing you put so much time into the secondary and all they say in the rejection is basically a sorry we had too many apps this year lol. Like can I get my money back then since it was a you problem. Or maybe set up some policies that can appropriately handle such a high volume of applicants??? But anyways, peace out y’all. Congrats to those who got accepted!

Kinda hurts knowing you put so much time into the secondary and all they say in the rejection is basically a sorry we had too many apps this year lol. Like can I get my money back then since it was a you problem. Or maybe set up some policies that can appropriately handle such a high volume of applicants??? But anyways, peace out y’all. Congrats to those who got accepted!
Every file was reviewed and scored as of January, file reviews were complete over a month ago. I know it’s really hard to be rejected I was my first cycle! But that’s the nature of this process