-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)
Started by TheDataKing
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Hey, I want to hold on to that hope of attending medical school in Chicago a little bit longer. I don't want that R yet LOL.If they are done with interviews, why aren't they sending out pre-II Rs? Please just end this waiting game.
So the first time they pulled people off CC was Friday Feb 19. And it trickled over the following Monday.
Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?
Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m hoping so!So the first time they pulled people off CC was Friday Feb 19. And it trickled over the following Monday.
Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?
I heard the committee meets every two weeks so it’s possible that this would be a trend!I’m hoping so!
PackersarewastingRodgers
New Member
If someone already asked this, my bad: when's orientation? I think it is sometime near the end of July, but the most recent date I could find was from 2018
trevians1989
Full Member
When will they notify about financial aid?
Probably not gonna work like thatSo the first time they pulled people off CC was Friday Feb 19. And it trickled over the following Monday.
Are we thinking that CC movement will happen this Friday, so like an every two week thing?
I got my financial aid package in AprilWhen will they notify about financial aid?
It’s the last week of July first week of classes was august 3rd last year.If someone already asked this, my bad: when's orientation? I think it is sometime near the end of July, but the most recent date I could find was from 2018
It’s comingIf they are done with interviews, why aren't they sending out pre-II Rs? Please just end this waiting game.
If you don't mind sharing, what did you do differently in your second cycle to get into Loyola?It’s coming
If anyone would like to know DM me. Not trying to hog the thread.If you don't mind sharing, what did you do differently in your second cycle to get into Loyola?
med202020202
New Member
I know they pulled a few people off CC last week. Is it possible to get pulled off CC at any committee meeting from here on out? Or do they typically wait until all post- interview decisions go out before pulling more people off CC?
futuredoc4634
Full Member
Pre-II R 🙁 good luck!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
D
deleted801891
Pre II R
Good luck everyone 🙂
Good luck everyone 🙂
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Here we go. Ive been anticipating this for a long time now. Give me my R!
ducks_are _the best
Full Member
Got that Pre II R--- the amount of time spent on this secondary hurt
pre-II R!
NeedAnotherNap
Full Member
Another pre-II R. Pretty bummed, loved this program.
Pre II R today. Congrats to those that made it in!
Wow they received 16K apps this year, that has to be a new record...! I don't remember what the secondary fee was here, but that's ~$1.6MM in revenue the admissions team raked in. Hopefully they get some phat bonuses this year LOL.
Pre II-R. Loyola undergrad, full-time job at Stritch, and volunteer for Loyola. By far my top choice. I know they get a ton of applications but this stings. I'll be back next year 🙂
(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
Nontraddddds
Full Member
OMG, lol. I guess Stritch thinks it's honor to get a rejection from them. Im awaiting mine haha(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
Pre-II R just now. Good luck everyone!”
+1 Pre-II R.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pre-II R as well, best of luck to you all!
AM20202021
New Member
Pre-II R! Good luck everyone
honestly such a troll rejection letterPre II-R. Loyola undergrad, full-time job at Stritch, and volunteer for Loyola. By far my top choice. I know they get a ton of applications but this stings. I'll be back next year 🙂
(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
Nontraddddds
Full Member
Finally got that R. C'est la vie
Bout spit out my morning beverage laughing at thisPre II-R. Loyola undergrad, full-time job at Stritch, and volunteer for Loyola. By far my top choice. I know they get a ton of applications but this stings. I'll be back next year 🙂
(p.s. The confetti popping "congratulations" text doesn't really sit well in a rejection email...)
SSOM is on something else today. Also got the pre-II R as an IS applicant (without the confetti, though). Kindly will be requesting back the 12 hours I spent on that secondary. No way they actually read those responses for every applicant lmao.
Good luck everyone!
Pre-iiR. OOS, no ties!
They do 🙂 we have something like 200 different readers. Also, only like 10,000 or so acrually complete the secondary.Bout spit out my morning beverage laughing at thisSSOM is on something else today.
Also got the pre-II R as an IS applicant (without the confetti, though). Kindly will be requesting back the 12 hours I spent on that secondary. No way they actually read those responses for every applicant lmao.
Good luck everyone!
doctordoctor2750
Full Member
Same here! Good luck everyone!
Pre-II R. I wonder if applicants in this upcoming cycle are going to deal with high volumes too since the pandemic has had things shut down for so long. Best of luck to everyone!
I think it's just an outlook feature that pops confetti whenever "congratulations" is in an email. So it probably wasn't intentional. At the time though, it felt like a kick while I was down 😆(without the confetti, though)
I appreciate this. It's exactly how I feel about the acceptance I have. Everything works out in the endAs the Pre-II R wave comes sometime soon just remember that medical school will be magical wherever you end up. I did not get in my first cycle, was actually rejected pre-II from loyola. Life works in mysterious ways. In my second cycle I ended up interviewing at places far better than my first cycle. Don't give up hope and be happy knowing you're probably going to end up somewhere WARMER.
Pre-II R!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Pre-II R this morning. This was the last school I had a glimpse of hope for. O well. Good luck to all
bebe.lisee
Full Member
Pre-II R yesterday at around noon
Kinda hurts knowing you put so much time into the secondary and all they say in the rejection is basically a sorry we had too many apps this year lol. Like can I get my money back then since it was a you problem. Or maybe set up some policies that can appropriately handle such a high volume of applicants??? But anyways, peace out y’all. Congrats to those who got accepted!
Every file was reviewed and scored as of January, file reviews were complete over a month ago. I know it’s really hard to be rejected I was my first cycle! But that’s the nature of this processKinda hurts knowing you put so much time into the secondary and all they say in the rejection is basically a sorry we had too many apps this year lol. Like can I get my money back then since it was a you problem. Or maybe set up some policies that can appropriately handle such a high volume of applicants??? But anyways, peace out y’all. Congrats to those who got accepted!