2017-2018 Loyola University - Chicago (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Been on CC since end of October. Probably should just throw in the towel now:arghh:

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Praying Loyola shows the continued consideration peeps some love this week!!

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If I already called once in January to see if I had been reviewed (prior to continued consideration notification), would it be overkill to call again now? I’ve submitted an update since then and just wanted to see if anything has changed. I interviewed early December.

If I already called once in January to see if I had been reviewed (prior to continued consideration notification), would it be overkill to call again now? I’ve submitted an update since then and just wanted to see if anything has changed. I interviewed early December.

If anything changes, you would be notified. At this point (since you’re already on CC, it’s either that you’ll get a call if it’s an acceptance or email for rejection [which is rare]). Best thing is to wait and see. You can send a letter of interest, letter of intent, or LOR but if you submitted an update recently then I wouldn’t push it.

Honestly, I'd go for it, especially if any information at all will help put your mind at east a bit. I called once several weeks after I interviewed (upon finding out via SDN that others from my interview date had been reviewed and had received status updates), and was told that a decision had been made on my file and that I would definitely be receiving that status update by the end of the week (which I obviously knew meant I'd been put on continued consideration). After that didn't end up happening, I called again. 60 seconds after that second phone call ended, I got the status update email.

It sounds like it's been a while since you last called, and in my experience Loyola is far more willing than most other schools to share with you info about where your app stands in the review process, and I think we should take advantage of that!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone gotten a call on a Thursday? Trying to see if I should call and check my status again or wait another day or 2.

Just got the acceptance call tonight! SO STOKED about Loyola!!!

Is it true that the admissions committee only meets every other week? Honestly do not think I can survive 2 more weeks of anxiety, haha. I interviewed 2/13 and haven't heard back.

Is it true that the admissions committee only meets every other week? Honestly do not think I can survive 2 more weeks of anxiety, haha. I interviewed 2/13 and haven't heard back.
Join the club interviewed 1/30 and have heard nothing

Got a call on Thursday (March 15th)!!!! Super excited!!!

PS: I almost didn’t answer the call because it had a Texas area code! Make sure you answer every call, you never know who might be on the other end!!

Got a call on Thursday (March 15th)!!!! Super excited!!!

PS: I almost didn’t answer the call because it had a Texas area code! Make sure you answer every call, you never know who might be on the other end!!

When did you interview

Where's the best place to stay when visiting Loyola? I'm going to second look and I'm not sure where to stay. Maybe a hotel with a shuttle to Loyola and/or airport? Any input would be appreciated!

Where's the best place to stay when visiting Loyola? I'm going to second look and I'm not sure where to stay. Maybe a hotel with a shuttle to Loyola and/or airport? Any input would be appreciated!

I stayed at the Hyatt Regency. Its a 4 star hotel and has free airport shuttle to and from. I think its about 10 miles from Loyola and I took an uber both ways. I booked it on hotwire and it was like $80ish a night. It has an AWESOME convenience store with prepared fresh food/coffee shop, great restaurant, and a 24 hr gym.

What time does the committee meet on Monday's? Or when would they contact us back if we got accepted?

Anyone know if they'll meet weekly instead of biweekly since interviews are over?

Holiday inn express. Free airport shuttle, free shuttle to and from Loyola, nice hotel approx 5-10 min drive to the university. I really liked it when i interviewed at Loyola

Hey y'all. Going out to celebrate with a friend soon so in summary:
1. I was placed under continued consideration 11 weeks after my interview
2. I have sent 1 update letter every month since my interview. I managed to get some publications, oral presentations, and service updates. All in all, I think my thirst was pretty obvious.
3. I was planning on sending a letter of continued interest tomorrow, so this was a huge surprise.

Reactions: 12 users
AHHHHH ohmygoshohmygoshohmygoshhhhhhuh!!! I interviewed on 2/27 with KP and also got the call today! The call was soooooo nice.

Reactions: 3 users
Hola everyone! I just got the call this evening as well from Senor Nabers around about 2 PM, interviewed 2/27, no CC.

You know people ask me, Senor Feeture, how did you do it? How did you go from Ft. Lauderdale to Doral College to a medical school for podiatry in Chicago and I always tell them the same thing man: hardwork #Dale

Just got put on 'Continued Consideration'. Is that synonymous to waitlist?