2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is Loyola done sending out interviews? They don't interview into March right? Asking as it might give some insight into when they pull from the CC list! Fingers crossed. Last year it was on a Friday I think.
Last interview date is like March 1 I think.

Members don't see this ad.

Just received an interview invite! Applied last day for secondary submission.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
with intent letters, has anyone emailed the admissions office about having submitted their letter of intent or would that just be an annoying thing to do

with intent letters, has anyone emailed the admissions office about having submitted their letter of intent or would that just be an annoying thing to do
They said at my interview not to email the admissions office about updates because it just floods their inbox and so long as it’s in the application portal, they will see it!

Reactions: 1 user
Does any current student know if Loyola is generous when it comes to matching scholarship offers from other schools?

Last edited:
Totally depends- reach out to Loyola and ask- only one way to find out.
Does any current student know it Loyola is generous when it comes to matching scholarship offers from other schools?

Reactions: 1 users
Got the A!!! Interviewed Jan 18th, and I am shocked :D

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Call back! You can also check the portal as your status may be updated!
They told me it might take up to two weeks for the portal to update. But OP should def call back!

Also got the A yesterday after interviewing mid-January! Congrats to all my fellow acceptees!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Congrats all of you guys!! Hope you’re ready for a dope Chicago summer

Reactions: 3 users
Anyone know if Second Look Virtual, In-person, or hybrid? I feel like they mentioned this during my interview day but completely forgot. Also, does anyone know if Loyola allows you to set up visits outside the second look? My hometown is around 45 minutes from the campus so it would be nice to just be able to visit the next time I'm home

Anyone know if Second Look Virtual, In-person, or hybrid? I feel like they mentioned this during my interview day but completely forgot. Also, does anyone know if Loyola allows you to set up visits outside the second look? My hometown is around 45 minutes from the campus so it would be nice to just be able to visit the next time I'm home
So during my acceptance call I recall them mentioning that second look will be virtual but they will offer opportunities for accepted students to schedule an in-person tour with a small group if they wish to do so!

• Love
So during my acceptance call I recall them mentioning that second look will be virtual but they will offer opportunities for accepted students to schedule an in-person tour with a small group if they wish to do so!
lol i think i was completely checked out due to excitement during my acceptance call so def must have missed this info. Thanks!!

II !!! very unexpected this late in the cycle but so so grateful. two dates available, 2/22 and 3/1.

509, 3.5x, SMP 3.9x

• Love
Reactions: 11 users
Withdrew my A from here, it's a great school. I hope the A goes to one of you!!

• Care
Hello everyone, I have decided that prior to my Interview tomorrow, I will be withdrawing from Loyola. It is a wonderful institution, and I hope that this II goes to someone deserving. Best of luck for the remainder of the cycle, cheers!

Reactions: 7 users
Hello everyone, I have decided that prior to my Interview tomorrow, I will be withdrawing from Loyola. It is a wonderful institution, and I hope that this II goes to someone deserving. Best of luck for the remainder of the cycle, cheers!
No disrespect, but the latest a school will give an applicant notice is the day before. Effectively that spot is not going to be given to someone else because you just declined with less than 24 hours and they only have one more interview day next week.

• Sad
No disrespect, but the latest a school will give an applicant notice is the day before. Effectively that spot is not going to be given to someone else because you just declined with less than 24 hours and they only have one more interview day next week.
Hey man, sometimes life happens and he/she just has to deal with what they got. Not to mention, OP was respectful in his/her message.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi all, I was accepted to Loyola, but they are not listed on my "Choose your Medical School Tool." Anyone else?

Last edited:
Hi all, I was accepted to Loyola last month, but they are not listed on my "Choose your Medical School Tool." Anyone else?
They are listed for me and I was accepted last month message for specifics

Hi all, I was accepted to Loyola last month, but they are not listed on my "Choose your Medical School Tool." Anyone else?
dont fret- schools manually tell AAMC in batches- it'll happen soon just be patient!

Withdrawing my acceptance here. Hope it helps one of y’all out! :)

• Care
Reactions: 9 users
I'm gonna be in the chicagoland area in like 2ish weeks visiting my parents. I was gonna go visit the Maywood area just to look around and see what the vibe is, but does anyone know if there would be a chance to actually look inside the school if I emailed ahead of time? No tour or anything obviously but it would be cool to take just a look around. I've had other the other schools I have As from offer private visits but wasn't sure if Loyola has any policy on it. Def really considering this school and I'm pretty excited to maybe see it lol

I'm gonna be in the chicagoland area in like 2ish weeks visiting my parents. I was gonna go visit the Maywood area just to look around and see what the vibe is, but does anyone know if there would be a chance to actually look inside the school if I emailed ahead of time? No tour or anything obviously but it would be cool to take just a look around. I've had other the other schools I have As from offer private visits but wasn't sure if Loyola has any policy on it. Def really considering this school and I'm pretty excited to maybe see it lol
Yup email admissions. Even if for whatever reason you cant get a private tour (our spring break is coming up), you can drive around the whole campus. We sit like 10 feet from the hospital and theres a huge medical complex all around! Super cool and worth seeing.

Did anyone who interviewed early Feb hear back?
don't know if it's helpful but I interviewed last week of January and heard back ~ 3 weeks later so they definitely got back to me earlier than I expected but I'm not sure how they decide the order of review

don't know if it's helpful but I interviewed last week of January and heard back ~ 3 weeks later so they definitely got back to me earlier than I expected but I'm not sure how they decide the order of review
Oh gotcha! Do you know which day of the week they typically release results?