2020-2021 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
For those that have attended one of the tours this month, what areas were you able to visit? was it a student or a faculty-staff led? I would really appreciate it if you can give me an overview of it! Im visiting this week and I'm a lil nervous about how formal it is. Thank you!!
It’s super chill it’s just us m1s mostly
 
Anyone else on CC just have their status change to “your interview is complete”? I’m wondering if it’s potentially good news, or just means the waitlist email is going out soon.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone know how many spots are left/if they r pulling alot from the WL? one of my colleagues has been CCed since February and has not heard back
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does anyone know if the scholarships they offer repeat each year? Or is it just a one time thing?
Scholarships are a one time thing. However after m1, you are eligible to apply to a ton of scholarships. We haven't heard back yet but I think I applied to like 20-30 through loyola.
 
what’s the teaching format here? are lectures mandatory? is it small group? where can i find this info on the website?
Hello, you can dm me if u like cause this isn’t really the thread to be asking these questions rn or you could search on the website a little harder (not being sassy it’s there)
 
Hi! New member here! I really want to go to Loyola but got rejected this cycle. I was looking into the MAMS program and I was wondering if anyone has any insight/advice into the MAMS program and matriculating into Stritch, or if they have any other advice for the next cycle
 
Hi! New member here! I really want to go to Loyola but got rejected this cycle. I was looking into the MAMS program and I was wondering if anyone has any insight/advice into the MAMS program and matriculating into Stritch, or if they have any other advice for the next cycle
Not an actual MAMS alumni but I asked my coworker (MAMS 2020 alumni) the same question and here is what she said: You do get a guaranteed interview with certain GPA and MCAT score. MAMS also has committee letters so that is good, even for applying to other med schools. But they did not accept a lot from their MAMS program. She said even a lot of the guaranteed interviews got overlooked until the very end of the application cycle and students had to reach out. She said it is a good program if you need advising and need to boost your academic stats but if it is because you want to get into Stritch, your chances are still pretty low. Super disappointing because I really want to go to Stritch too but shoot me a DM if you ever want to talk!
 
Not an actual MAMS alumni but I asked my coworker (MAMS 2020 alumni) the same question and here is what she said: You do get a guaranteed interview with certain GPA and MCAT score. MAMS also has committee letters so that is good, even for applying to other med schools. But they did not accept a lot from their MAMS program. She said even a lot of the guaranteed interviews got overlooked until the very end of the application cycle and students had to reach out. She said it is a good program if you need advising and need to boost your academic stats but if it is because you want to get into Stritch, your chances are still pretty low. Super disappointing because I really want to go to Stritch too but shoot me a DM if you ever want to talk!
I will just add there are a ton of kids in my class from both masters program like 20-30. Also they don’t over look the guaranteed interview: they are interviewed at the end of the cycle.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I got the call today. Please don’t give up hope. I had a lot of dark moments where I felt like I failed but honestly nobody here is a failure regardless of admissions status. I hope all of you get in 🙂
That is so amazing! Congrats!! What time did they call you? I’m honestly hoping for the best at this post so I’m glad to see they are still making some calls!
 
Has anyone had any movement in the last week? Should we assume the class has been filled now?
The class has been full for a month or two. Classes are full at all schools at this point. It’s just a matter if someone drops- their spot will be filled. I would imagine there’s >0 spots left