2017-2018 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know MUSC doesnt review OOS students until November but has any OOS heard anything yet? Love south carolina/Charleston and have family in the area so I would love to go here!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I know MUSC doesnt review OOS students until November but has any OOS heard anything yet? Love south carolina/Charleston and have family in the area so I would love to go here!
I'm OOS (strong ties) and I was invited for an interview late October that's scheduled for January

I'm OOS (strong ties) and I was invited for an interview late October that's scheduled for January

dang thanks for the update - I dont really have strong ties, but I do have family in the area. Bummer. Congrats to you though!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my application really early (7/13) so they could just be getting around to yours :)

I submitted my application really early (7/13) so they could just be getting around to yours :)

thanks for the optimism but I unfortunately also submitted around that time haha. Good luck at your interview though and thanks for replying!

On 12/1 I got an interview for December 15th. I was very surprised considering the short notice they gave me. Should I be concerned? Is anyone else interviewing on this date?

Any OOS applicants with no ties to SC receive II yet?

Last edited:
Accepted!!!! :) I'm extremely grateful.

Anyone know if the deposit to hold the spot is refundable? I have interviews scheduled after the deadline to reply.

Reactions: 1 users

Anyone know if the deposit to hold the spot is refundable? I have interviews scheduled after the deadline to reply.

Congrats! When did you interview? Wait so it this the committee not meeting again this month?

congrats!

but I thought the committee wasn't meeting until next week
did you interview last month?

Members don't see this ad :)

According to the form they sent in the mail, the deposit is refundable

IS submitted 8/15 and still haven't heard anything from here, any other IS applicants in the same pool?

IS submitted 8/15 and still haven't heard anything from here, any other IS applicants in the same pool?
I was complete a fair amount of time after you (early October due to a September MCAT) and haven't heard anything as an IS applicant either. Patience is a virtue.

Last edited:
congrats!

but I thought the committee wasn't meeting until next week
did you interview last month?

Yes. I interviewed in november. Was notified the day they said they would be making decisions. I was just a little tardy putting the news in here :)

Hold email today :( . I'm assuming the likelihood of being accepted now is low

Are we supposed to receive any more information after we submit are acceptance payment to MUSC, or do we just wait until March/April for further instruction?

Are we supposed to receive any more information after we submit are acceptance payment to MUSC, or do we just wait until March/April for further instruction?
I got a confirmatory email about a week after they received my deposit.

I am OOS for this school... If I haven't gotten an II yet, are my chances pretty much done here?

It seems interview lead times are really short at the moment. II on Sunday for the coming Friday. 5 days?! IS

OOS II on Jan 19, Scheduled for Feb 16th

When were you complete? Do you have close ties? Sorry.... Paranoid OOS here... complete since September.

I completed on 8/24/17
I have moderate ties to the state. My mom grew up, went to college, and attended a different state medical school. I visit family in South Carolina during the holidays but haven't lived in the state or anything.
In terms of stats I had a very high MCAT and average GPA when compared to the school's average from last class

FYI - At my interview, adcoms said they would meet again on Feb 6th to release more decisions.

I got a confirmatory email about a week after they received my deposit.
About how long did it take for MUSC to charge you for the deposit? I’m going on day seven without seeing the check clear my checking account.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard today about an acceptance?

I was accepted yesterday too! Interviewed 1/12 :clap:

Thank you!!! it still feels surreal. I think I interviewed with you actually! Late january
lol well i sure hope they've got a few more calls to make! Congrats again. Charleston is an awesome place!