2018-2019 Dell Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah maybe I just got a bit nervous because my friends got theirs relatively quick

I hope you're right. I don't know why this has me so nervous lmao

if u check last year's thread, they send secondaries out in waves and we've only had one as someone else said. They probably do this to keep the admissions staff from being overwhelmed.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Is it a bad sign if we submitted our secondary a few weeks ago but still have no II? I don't think my secondary went all that well....

Is it a bad sign if we submitted our secondary a few weeks ago but still have no II? I don't think my secondary went all that well....
I think they're still processing alot of secondaries, so don't lose hope! I was dismayed when I didn't hear back on the first day people started getting interviews (last Friday) but I heard back yesterday, so they're definitely still processing them.

Also, if it makes you feel better, I felt like I BOMBED my video secondary. I was seriously feeling like my prospects went to zero.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also, if it makes you feel better, I felt like I BOMBED my video secondary. I was seriously feeling like my prospects went to zero.
I had the same feeling lol. Hopefully they look past my secondary and look at my otherwise holistic app.

Was invited by phone for an interview.
transmitted 6/4, sent secondaries 6/21
Lizzy score 69

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats on everyone who got interviews! For everyone that got interviews, were your LORs already in?

Most schools won’t offer an interview before you are complete. So that means letters + secondary. Did you get the secondary done already too?

Yeah I got the secondary done but I'm still waiting for TMDSAS to receive my LORs. My schools says they sent the packet already, so it looks like I'm just going to have to wait.

Yeah I got the secondary done but I'm still waiting for TMDSAS to receive my LORs. My schools says they sent the packet already, so it looks like I'm just going to have to wait.
TMDSAS took 2 weeks to send out my LOR after my school sent them in :(

Members don't see this ad :)
II!!!! First II of the cycle :") Submitted 6/3, verified 6/15, secondary completed 7/2, LizzyM 78.

Reactions: 4 users
Transmitted yesterday. I was really shocked when I got the secondary invite
Damn thats awesome, I transmitted July 3rd and still haven't received anything. Mind me asking your stats?

Just finished the secondary. I think I was talking 100 mph. Overall, not too bad though

I transmitted june 16th :( tomorrow marks a month

Still early, don't fret, schools have just started sending out II, not to mention the OOS schools just started sending out secondaries. I'm not really expecting to hear back from here but I was transmitted in May, lol.

Crap. I still haven't done my secondary. I'm OOS btw. Is it too late if I do the secondary tomorrow or tonight? I didn't know they sent out IIs already.

Crap. I still haven't done my secondary. I'm OOS btw. Is it too late if I do the secondary tomorrow or tonight? I didn't know they sent out IIs already.

I think you should be okay. I didn't complete mine until last weekend. And plus this is only the first wave of invites. I'm sure there will be more, so you should be fine

I received it Friday. I’m glad I got one but that’ll probably be the last I hear from them lol
I legit thought I bombed it. And that's not me trying to look modest....I'm serious, it was cringey. So I think you'll probably be okay, it's much worse in your head than it will be to them unless you actually said/did something ridiculous. Have faith!

Dell... pls

Same, tbh this is me lol
XQzGQr5.gif

Reactions: 2 users
Uh sorry but you're going to have to elaborate that "pls" into 497 more characters, why its unique, and how it has prepared you for a career in medicine.
@ThatAggieGuy
Lol yes and also you must pledge not to throw up the "gig 'em" hand sign for the next 4 years :p

I submitted my primary in early May, received the confirmation that they received my application June 6th, and I still haven't heard back. My stats are 3.8 BCPM/4.0 Non-BCPM, 514 MCAT, and I have a heavy extracurricular load that includes a focus on community service. (LizzyM ~71). My school hasn't sent out my letters yet. Is it possible they're still reviewing my application, or is it over for me already?

Last edited: