2018-2019 Dell Medical School

Started by gyngyn
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I submitted my primary in early May, received the confirmation that they received my application June 6th, and I still haven't heard back. My stats are 3.8 BCPM/4.0 Non-BCPM, 514 MCAT, and I have a heavy extracurricular load that includes a focus on community service. (LizzyM ~71). My school hasn't sent out my letters yet. Is it possible they're still reviewing my application, or is it over for me already?
Last cycle I applied in early May didn’t hear anything back from any school until early September. I got my secondary invite from Dell in early September, interview invite in mid-September and interview in early October. In fact I didn’t hear from any schools until early September but still interviewed at 4 places with my last invite not coming until late November.

Short story - you never know when they may reach out. Don’t lose hope on anything yet.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not to sound desperate or anything, but it's been crickets since submitting my secondary and I'm getting a little nervous. IS, LizzyM 74/75, submitted secondary on 6/20.... anyone else in a similar situation who still hasn't gotten an II?
 
Not to sound desperate or anything, but it's been crickets since submitting my secondary and I'm getting a little nervous. IS, LizzyM 74/75, submitted secondary on 6/20.... anyone else in a similar situation who still hasn't gotten an II?

Yup...I'm just kind of assuming my secondary wasn't well received and redirecting my hope to other schools.
 
Not to sound desperate or anything, but it's been crickets since submitting my secondary and I'm getting a little nervous. IS, LizzyM 74/75, submitted secondary on 6/20.... anyone else in a similar situation who still hasn't gotten an II?

I submitted around this time and I’m in the same situation... I have assumed that it’s not looking good for me here but maybe we are in some kind of “maybe” pile.
 
Not to sound desperate or anything, but it's been crickets since submitting my secondary and I'm getting a little nervous. IS, LizzyM 74/75, submitted secondary on 6/20.... anyone else in a similar situation who still hasn't gotten an II?
Puhleeze, it’s only July

upload_2018-7-23_22-4-52.png
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Im IS, lizzy of 65, submitted my primary in mid-june. Do you think I'll get a 2nd or II? Im starting to worry that im being passed up...

I'm IS with a LizzyM of 68 and submitted my primary in mid-May and still haven't heard anything back. I am starting to worry too but I am sure there is a method to Dell's madness. If we don't got what they're looking for, there is some school who will want to know more about us. It's really only the end of July, let's keep our heads up! 🙂
 
I completed my secondary July 19th. Has anyone received an interview that submitted a secondary around then? I'm getting worried...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there any current medical students who would be willing to let me stay with them the night before my interview? I didn’t hear anything from the school about resources for this, so I don’t know if it’s permitted/frowned upon. Or, if not, are there any interviewees who would be interested in splitting an AirBnB? Message me!
 
Are there any current medical students who would be willing to let me stay with them the night before my interview? I didn’t hear anything from the school about resources for this, so I don’t know if it’s permitted/frowned upon. Or, if not, are there any interviewees who would be interested in splitting an AirBnB? Message me!

We get emails about applicants looking for a place to stay before every interview day. It's a very informal system-- send an email or call the admissions office, and they may be able to help arrange for you to stay with someone.
 
We get emails about applicants looking for a place to stay before every interview day. It's a very informal system-- send an email or call the admissions office, and they may be able to help arrange for you to stay with someone.
Awesome, thank you!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad