2023-2024 Dell

Started by wysdoc
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Wondering this same thing
 
Also found other current students and other interviewees super friendly and fun to talk to. Seems like they have/are building a great community there.
 
How does Dell compare to the schools like McGovern and Long? Is going to Dell a more risky play for competitive specialties, or does the UT name already allow Dell to hang with the best in the state in terms of matching and overall respect from residency directors? Can anyone shed any light on this?
Probably best to look through the match list for making that decision for your long-term goals in terms of specialty and locations.
(Dell 2023): Residency Match Results | Dell Medical School
(Dell 2022): OFFICIAL - 2022 Match Lists

(McGovern 2023): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2023/03/MMS-Match-Report-FINAL.pdf
(McGovern 2022): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2022/03/2022-Match-Report-FINAL.pdf
(McGovern 2021): https://med.uth.edu/admissions/wp-content/uploads/sites/64/2021/03/2021-Match-Report.pdf

(Long 2018-2023, links on website for other years): Residency Match Results | Long School of Medicine
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think secondaries were due on the 15th of November
Which school were you referring to, @Bonehead11 ?
9632BA17-9C61-41C9-BFFE-5E8E08285F11.jpeg

This is from the automated email they sent when they received primary
 
Ummm so I just got an invite for a secondary 10 min ago [emoji28] I’m IS LM 74 and got verified early august.

Don’t know if this was an accident but I guess there’s still hope.

I’m just confused since the priority deadline passed on 12/15
Maybe priority deadline is not the final deadline???
Or maybe Dell admissions folks are just human and fell behind their goals like a lot of us.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is anyone who has interviewed already not seeing Dell in their "School Preference Rank" list on TMDSAS? Interviewed almost a month ago and not sure if that delay is normal or not.
 
Is anyone who has interviewed already not seeing Dell in their "School Preference Rank" list on TMDSAS? Interviewed almost a month ago and not sure if that delay is normal or not.
P sure it was normal a lot of people in this thread had that issue
 
The last campus visit day is on the 3rd and I wanted to know if people ended up wearing business casual or like jeans and a nice top?? Can anyone who has already gone say what the general dress code seemed to be?
 
The last campus visit day is on the 3rd and I wanted to know if people ended up wearing business casual or like jeans and a nice top?? Can anyone who has already gone say what the general dress code seemed to be?
I wore jeans, a Polo jacket, and New Balances. Didn’t feel over or underdressed at all. Some people did dress nicer than me though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats to those who prematched! @velvetcoffee @dancingdocs @swimdoc23 . When did y'all interview? I wonder if there is any chance of a prematch if we only interviewed a week ago 🤣
 
Congrats to those who prematched! @velvetcoffee @dancingdocs @swimdoc23 . When did y'all interview? I wonder if there is any chance of a prematch if we only interviewed a week ago 🤣
I interviewed the first week of September and prematched in November. I just heard about the scholarship today!
 
lol surprise that is amazing but wrecked my match list and made me confused again 😭
Here's what you need to know about having 2 prematch schools: Whichever one you rank as #1 is where you will Match.
There is no changing your mind after Match Day if you have ranked a prematch school as #1

For those of you who have a prematch but ranked other schools higher, but don't match to one of them on Match Day: there is still chance to go to one of them later via an offer from the WL.
 
Here's what you need to know about having 2 prematch schools: Whichever one you rank as #1 is where you will Match.
There is no changing your mind after Match Day if you have ranked a prematch school as #1

For those of you who have a prematch but ranked other schools higher, but don't match to one of them on Match Day: there is still chance to go to one of them later via an offer from the WL.
Yeahhhh I know it’s a very tough decision for me. Wishing everyone luck
 
Dell sending that welcome to dell med with the Facebook thing freaks me out every time as it makes prematches feel binding 😭
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad