2023-2024 Dell

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Haha - personally my heart dropped because I thought that I was going to see another round of secondaries go out that I didn’t make it into. 😂
Same haha

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Anyone else not feel amazing about their secondary responses and somewhat tan out of time to explain it just me and my nerves?
yes, I felt horrible about the way I responded. I think I was also super nervous and didn't come up with the best answers for the questions. it is what it is at this point :/

Just received a call for a II!

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Holy crap, I feel like I manifested this. II just now by call!

Reactions: 6 users
Holy crap, I feel like I manifested this. II just now by call!
This made me feel a lot better! CONGRATS!!! I felt like I didn’t answer the questions fully so this gives me hope! When did you submit?

• Care
This made me feel a lot better! CONGRATS!!! I felt like I didn’t answer the questions fully so this gives me hope! When did you submit?
Thank you! My fingers are crossed for you <3 I received the secondary on 7/5 and submitted on 7/12. I thought my entire answer for the third question was a flop and didn't even answer the question that they were asking well so I am floored right now. I think it goes to show that everyone has trouble with the video interviews!!!

Thank you! My fingers are crossed for you <3 I received the secondary on 7/5 and submitted on 7/12. I thought my entire answer for the third question was a flop and didn't even answer the question that they were asking well so I am floored right now. I think it goes to show that everyone has trouble with the video interviews!!!
Congratulations! Go get that A!

does dell still give out secondary invites in late July/august? feeling sad I didn't get one but don't know if I should lose hope yet

Reactions: 1 user
does dell still give out secondary invites in late July/august? feeling sad I didn't get one but don't know if I should lose hope yet
Yes, they space out their secondaries even past August so don't get sad.
Dell does not give them to every applicant though

Reactions: 4 users
Also in the same boat. Fingers crossed for you friend!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! Since Dell is not about stats, but about the vibe...Can you share your stats and vibe? ;) Many thanks!
Thank you! 513, 3.5. Unique ECs but I’m riding the athlete vibe as D1 football player :)

• Haha
Interview Invite call just now!!! Still can’t believe that. LM 70, complete 7/13

Reactions: 8 users
Just submitted my secondary the other day, but never got an email confirming they received it. Is that normal?

For those of you who interviewed with me today and encountered our unique mva situation please pm me!

For those of you who interviewed with me today and encountered our unique mva situation please pm me!
I hope you are all safe and not injured, whatever this was.

now you know how awful Austin traffic is... remember that when you rank your schools 🚙🛻🚗🚛 🚑🚓🚑🚑

• Care
Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I meant “Multiple Video Assessment (MVA)” not multiple vehicle accident. It was a virtual interview just with a lot of technical difficulties for us interviews. Sorry again!

• Haha
  • Wow
Oh my goodness I am so sorry. I meant “Multiple Video Assessment (MVA)” not multiple vehicle accident. It was a virtual interview just with a lot of technical difficulties for us interviews. Sorry again!
Acronyms are subject to misunderstandings!
But I'm sure y'all signed some kind of nondisclosure agreement about the interview day, so, yeah, only talk about it with people who have already done it.

IS II! Literally can’t believe this one. Crossed them off immediately after my secondary. Unreal.

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Any recent secondary invites?
Personally, I have not heard anything and I received my application confirmation for Dell on 5/20. Not sure if it is over for me at this point for Dell since I haven't gotten a secondary at this point.

• Care
Personally, I have not heard anything and I received my application confirmation for Dell on 5/20. Not sure if it is over for me at this point for Dell since I haven't gotten a secondary at this point.
They sprinkle out their secondaries a bit at a time, a bit different from other TMDSAS schools.

I have personally given up. 🤣 At this point, if they send me one it will simply be a pleasant (but welcomed) surprise.

GOT THE CALL! Started crying on the phone I’m so beyond grateful :) I completed July 18! I thought I did HORRIBLE on the secondaries so don’t lose hope. Crossing my fingers for this school, been in love for years!!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 9 users
Anyone who got verified after 08/01 get a secondary? Just curious to see how fast or slow they might be

Cannot seem to find this. Or I am blind. Is Dell NBME exams or in-house?

Hey all,

I am Dell Med Alumni and now a resident at Dell. If anyone has any questions about the school I'd be happy to answer either here or in DM. Good luck during the cycle!

• Care
GOT THE CALL! Started crying on the phone I’m so beyond grateful :) I completed July 18! I thought I did HORRIBLE on the secondaries so don’t lose hope. Crossing my fingers for this school, been in love for years!!!
I didn't know Texas schools can give acceptances already?! Congrats!!

OOS, Secondary received! My OOS app was transmitted on 8/8. I'm beyond excited, this is my alma mater too. I don't really have any particular "dream schools," but I might die of happiness if I got accepted here. Also, this is the first "love" I've gotten from any TX schools.

Any tips for the secondary?

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
OOS, Secondary received! My OOS app was transmitted on 8/8. I'm beyond excited, this is my alma mater too. I don't really have any particular "dream schools," but I might die of happiness if I got accepted here. Also, this is the first "love" I've gotten from any TX schools.

Any tips for the secondary?
Be genuine & enthusiastic

• Care
If anyone had an emergency medicine interviewer for their traditional interview today — DM me because I want to confirm his name for my thank you note!

Secondary invitation received just now. App transmitted 07/13.

• Wow
@wysdoc perhaps a question you can answer -

Dell Med has an Applicant Guide which states that a pre-interview "full review" cannot take place until Dell has received transcripts through TMDSAS (bottom of page 5). I am under the impression that TMDSAS does not accept transcripts until after a student has been accepted. Is this perhaps a relic of prior application years? Nobody here had to submit transcripts to be considered for an interview at Dell, right?

Dell Med has an Applicant Guide which states that a pre-interview "full review" cannot take place until Dell has received transcripts through TMDSAS (bottom of page 5). I am under the impression that TMDSAS does not accept transcripts until after a student has been accepted. Is this perhaps a relic of prior application years? Nobody here had to submit transcripts to be considered for an interview at Dell, right?
No! I interviewed and didn’t.

This is a relic, you are correct.
I don’t remember exactly which year TMDSAS stopped asking for transcripts at the time of application.
It has 2 benefits:
1. Allows your TMDSAS primary to be verified more quickly, as TMDSAS staff don’t have to wait for your transcripts and check them line by line during the busy spring/summer months.
2. Around the time new apps are trickling to a halt and the first possible admissions offers go out, the same staff can turn their attention to transcript collection and verification. They will have a smaller number of applicants to verify too, because some never complete the application process and about 60% don’t get admissions offers.

What happens if they call us for an interview but we don't answer? I never answer the phone unless the number is in my contacts just to avoid spam calls.