2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
What are we suppose to put as work experience ....if it states activities not included on AACOMAS?
For the survey you take before you get an interview or for the secondary application?
For the secondary it means, work experience that you forgot to put on your AACOMAS application or experience that did not have a specific category. It also means anything that has changed since you submitted your AACOMAS application. The same goes for the latter for the survey you take prior to selecting your interview date. Hope this helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Does their secondary allow you to flag which letters you want them to read? I have 6 because I thought aacomas worked like amcas and you can direct which goes where, but I just checked and they only require two letters. I have 2 letters from a do, and like 2 letters from a science teacher, dunno if they wanna read all that
They will receive all letters of recommendation from AACOMAS. However, some schools have different requirements for LORs. You should be fine though as long as you met the requirements of the school.

To those who received II's would you guys mind sharing your stats?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just wanted to know do we have to submit a primary to all the 3 campuses or just one?

Hey guys, I just wanted to know do we have to submit a primary to all the 3 campuses or just one?
No , your rank your campuses and they will choose which one , if any, you will interview at. Usually it has to do with whatever is closest to your place of residency, but sometimes they will give you your preference

Reactions: 1 user
No , your rank your campuses and they will choose which one , if any, you will interview at. Usually it has to do with whatever is closest to your place of residency, but sometimes they will give you your preference

Oh thank you, I was a little confused as some people recommend "applying to all 3 campuses".

How will we know that vcom recieved the payment ? I had to redirect myself to PayPal from my history links .

Has anyone scheduled their interview via email and not phone? I looked for an email today but don't see anything and when I log into the portal it is just the secondary application still and no link to schedule the interview.

Has anyone scheduled their interview via email and not phone? I looked for an email today but don't see anything and when I log into the portal it is just the secondary application still and no link to schedule the interview.
How long after submitting secondary did you hear back

How long after submitting secondary did you hear back
Woops I just realized this is The Auburn campus and not Virginia. I live in VA. I received the secondary on 7/6, submitted on 7/14 and the application complete email on 8/22 then the interview invite via phone call 8/28. Good luck to everyone here! Sorry I posted on the wrong campus forum.

I really have a passion for medicine, I hope it shows in my secondary enough.

This is false. There average is 501 and there’s people will under 500 who get in. I’d find new information if I were you
So I actually had a chance to meet their admission director a few months ago. She said the screening is a 3.2 science gpa and 500 MCAT assuming you have nothin else on your primary that would deter them from wanting you (arrests and such)

Sent from my iPad using SDN mobile
hus

Members don't see this ad :)
Any updates on the hurricane? They have a state of emergency

CONGRATS!!! If you don’t mind me asking, how long did it take for admissions to mark your secondaries as complete?

I submitted in late August and it took about 1 week for me to get the complete email.

Hey everyone! I'm filling out the application and I really dont have anything for new experiences that it asks for. Is that bad? Thanks!

Just to clarify, kind of a weird question on the secondary, but it ask for the college our letter writer attended. Are they talking about undergrad or medical school....I'm assuming undergrad, right?

Just to clarify, kind of a weird question on the secondary, but it ask for the college our letter writer attended. Are they talking about undergrad or medical school....I'm assuming undergrad, right?

I thought the exact same thing. It was a really weird question, but I googled my docs info online. I wrote down when he attended med school, etc...

So after reading the Carolina thread, I'm extremely concerned about VCOM Auburn's staff retention rate and its ability to adapt to its students' needs, considering it's an offshoot of the Virginia Campus. Are there any current students that can talk about Auburn's curriculum (and stability) in response to this message?
What questions do you have and what are you hearing? I'm an upper classman and can at least confirm or deny what's being heard.

So it’s talking about the med school he attended and not undergrad?
To be honest, I am not totally sure, but that is the response I gave. I wish they were a little more specific.

Also, does anyone's secondary apostrophe get replaced with this " �[BULLET] " whenever you hit save
I don't think I had this issue, but the portal was a little weird and re-directed me multiple times.

What questions do you have and what are you hearing? I'm an upper classman and can at least confirm or deny what's being heard.

How is life at VCOM-Auburn? I think a student posted in VCOM-Virginia talking about COMASE pass rates, Step 1, staff retention and COMLEX. Has this affected Auburn's campus?

Secondary submitted end of June, received email 7/5....still no complete email. :sendoff:. Sigh.

How is life at VCOM-Auburn? I think a student posted in VCOM-Virginia talking about COMASE pass rates, Step 1, staff retention and COMLEX. Has this affected Auburn's campus?

So since I'm a 4th year I've been there all 4 years. I was at a clinical site away so I don't know everything that happened over the past year. From my understanding, we had two (married) teaching faculty members leave for a job opportunity in NY and another leave for a reason I'm unsure of. The later has already been replaced and apparently the students like the replacement more. That kinda stuff is normal turnover that happens at every school. We also had two (married) faculty members leave who left for ?possibly performance related reasons? worked in student affairs mostly. They were both replaced from within and I think students are generally happy with who replaced them. There was a new hire in the OMM department and my 1st year we had an anatomy professor leave. That's genuinely all the turnover I can think of. The anatomy professor and the student affairs people are the only concerning turnover things, and I think it's just part of being at a new school. It seems to be ironed out now and I don't expect anything but normal turnover going forward. It hasn't affected me as a student negatively and the changes going forward in staff were ultimately good.

VCOM requires a 480 on COMSAE which is basically a standard deviation higher than actually passing. I think someone posted the actual rates on the passing rate for that but idk them. As far as my class goes, I think we only had 2 (maybe 3?) that made it to step 1 and then never passed it. I think the school does a good job identifying people who are struggling. As far as averages on testing, they were okay, but I expect them to get better. I'm interested to see how our match goes because we had some absolute studs scoring in the 250s on USMLE and upper 700s/800s on COMLEX. I think we are attracting a lot of people interested in Ortho and the upper end of our class reflects that. In general, I think our testing schedule sucks for long term knowledge retention if you let it because it allows people to cram and dump info, but our schedule 2nd year starting in like October is pretty wide open so people that want to do well can hit boards material hard for at least 4-6 months on top of classes + our amount of dedicated time is pretty good.

Secondary submitted end of June, received email 7/5....still no complete email. :sendoff:. Sigh.
VCOM really do take their sweet time in processing apps, especially this early in the cycle. Calling won't hurt, at best they'll tell you to keep checking your e-mail.

Hey guys, I have a II tomorrow. I'll let ya'll know how it goes! I was complete July 17th and got the II on August 20th.

Does anyone have an idea of when the committee meeting is? All they said was 3-4 weeks.

Hey guys, I have a II tomorrow. I'll let ya'll know how it goes! I was complete July 17th and got the II on August 20th.
If you don't mind sharing, how did the interview go, process wise?

ACCEPTED!!!!!! first acceptance! (interviewed 9/11)

Accepted‼️ Interviewed 9/24!!

Does anyone know the ratio of those that interview and those that are accepted ?