2018-2019 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (Virginia)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
mind sharing your stats? when were you complete?
Complete 9/20. LizzyM 63. PM me if you want the actual stats.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Is anybody flying into Richmond for the interview on 10/15? I'm trying to split the cost of the car rental. PM me if interested!

Reactions: 1 user
I was complete mid July...nothing yet... anyone else in the same boat?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Complete 9/20. LizzyM 63. PM me if you want the actual stats.
would you mind PMing me? I keep trying to PM you and it won't let me - says your profile is limited and I'm pretty new to the works of this site. No worries if you're busy, though. Thank you and good luck at your interview at VCOM - I'm actually from Richmond and it's an awesome city so try and drive around and get something to eat if you have a second!

would you mind PMing me? I keep trying to PM you and it won't let me - says your profile is limited and I'm pretty new to the works of this site. No worries if you're busy, though. Thank you and good luck at your interview at VCOM - I'm actually from Richmond and it's an awesome city so try and drive around and get something to eat if you have a second!
Sorry about that! I didn't realize my privacy settings prevents people from trying to reach me. I tried PMing you back but it wouldn't let me do it either so I'll go ahead and tweak my privacy settings when I get home from work today.

Sent from my SM-G955U using SDN mobile

Waiting for a decision is killing me. Anybody have any idea when they're having their next meeting to determine acceptances for people that have interviewed?

Still have not received secondaries. Anyone in a similar situation?

Reactions: 2 users
ACCEPTED! I honestly can't believe it. I never thought this day would actually come. Worked my way from basically a 2.0 cGPA with ~120 credit hours to here and at times it seemed like this wouldn't even be possible. It's been a wild ride, but I'm definitely glad I did it.

Reactions: 9 users
Not sure if my brain is just done from writing all of these essays, but where is the link to pay the fee for the secondary? It says it is located at the end of the secondary but I do not see it there.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I have a question and hopefully, someone has some insight. I submitted my AACOMAS application to this school and was verified on 8/21/18. My issue is that I have yet to receive a supplemental application. I emailed the school a month ago and they informed me that they screen the primaries and it could take a few months. Has anyone yet to receive a secondary from this school yet? Does this seem abnormal and is this a silent rejection in a sense?

Does anyone the acceptance rate post interview?

Just got accepted and it feels amazing!!! Interviewed 10/9!

Reactions: 5 users
Congrats to all those accepted! If anyone is wondering about an accepted students page, you can find it if you search “VCOM-Virginia Class of 2023” on Facebook.

OOS interviewed 10/12 patiently waiting! good luck to everyone!

Hey guys congrats on the acceptance! How did y'all prepare for the interview? Super nervous and this is my first, kinda daunting to have 3 back to back 30 minute interviews as your first.

Hey guys congrats on the acceptance! How did y'all prepare for the interview? Super nervous and this is my first, kinda daunting to have 3 back to back 30 minute interviews as your first.

Don't be nervous! All of my interviewers were very conversational and made me feel really comfortable. They didn't grill me at all even with multiple red flags on my application (they did ask about them, but it was in a way that didn't make me feel like they were looking down on me for it). Just know your application along with why do you want to be an osteopathic physician. If you get any ethics type questions just remember to do no harm to your patient and you're probably doing the right thing.

I submitted to all three campuses and just received a "we're pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete... etc. etc." Is this essentially pre-interview purgatory/ rejection, or is do I still stand a chance?

I submitted to all three campuses and just received a "we're pleased to learn of your continued interest in the Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine. I can confirm your application is complete... etc. etc." Is this essentially pre-interview purgatory/ rejection, or is do I still stand a chance?
this just means your application is complete and you have to wait for them to invite you to an interview.

That's what I thought too but was then fortunate enough to get an interview two weeks later. It could just be their way of saying that your application is complete and under review.

I submitted everything since 8/17 and still haven’t received a complete email yet, any recommendation on what to do at this point?

When did you submit your secondary? It's been over a month so I'm not sure if my app got lost in the shuffle or if this is normal. :/

I submitted everything since 8/17 and still haven’t received a complete email yet, any recommendation on what to do at this point?
I suppose it wouldn't hurt to inquire about your application at this point if you haven't already.

Pulled my interview spot here, I hope it goes to one of you! Best of luck :)

Secondary complete 10/15, II today! :)

Any advice on how to tackle the interview day? How was the overall vibe?

Congrats :) Did you receive a call and would you mind sharing your stats?

How long did it take those of you that have interviewed to get an interview after your secondary was marked as "complete"? A few weeks?

Accepted!!!!! Interviewed 10/12. I am ecstatic!

Reactions: 6 users

Overall vibe was very pleasant. The admissions staff was welcoming and your interviewers legitimately just want to get to know you. One piece of advice is to know your application well! It's open file so anything on your AACOMAS or secondary application is fair game. Hit the usual why DO/medicine/VCOM and you should be good :)

II yesterday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like the dates from Complete to II really differ.