This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have found some solace from this thread as I recieved my 4th WL yesterday. Its difficult bc its hard for anyone not experiencing it to understand. Let's try to not lose hope folks.

Edit: I just recieved my 5th WL as my last decision. woopty doo

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I have found some solace from this thread as I recieved my 4th WL yesterday. Its difficult bc its hard for anyone not experiencing it to understand. Let's try to not lose hope folks.

Dont give up! movement will start soon. Statistically, you SHOULD get into at least one school from 5 WL!!! stay positive. I am waiting for 2 WL, and i really love those two schools (my top 2 choices). I think movement should start in about 5 weeks... thats my assumption, of course. But i think it should be after April 15th.

Reactions: 6 users
Just received a WL, still waiting on a school that left me on continued consideration since interviewing but has accepted students off their waitlist and waiting to hear back from one more school hopefully next week. Gut feeling tells me another waitlist but will be shocked and relieved if accepted.

Reactions: 2 users

This is a long game, and remember that getting in off the waitlist is still getting in, and you’re no less qualified than anyone else who got in. Statistically, you have a great shot at getting into at least 1 of those 5 schools. Hang tight!

Reactions: 3 users
So could I send a letter of intent/interest to a school that I just interviewed at? I sent a LOI to another school before I received the interview invite to this school. I am unsure if this school I interviewed at is my number-one or two school . Could I just be vague and write a letter of interest? I already sent them an update.

Reactions: 1 user
So could I send a letter of intent/interest to a school that I just interviewed at? I sent a LOI to another school before I received the interview invite to this school. I am unsure if this school I interviewed at is my number-one or two school . Could I just be vague and write a letter of interest? I already sent them an update.

It wont have much of an effect. You could do a letter of interest restating why the schools a good fit but once again it won't do much according to what adcoms here have said.

Reactions: 1 users
Admissions and dean suggested it.

could use a little support here - so I've been waitlisted by my two top choices, so as of right now I'm planning to go to my state school. It is fairly inexpensive, but it just didn't seem like a great fit for me and I don't like the area it is in, so anyways I am really bummed. I sent a letter of intent to my top choice a couple weeks ago and now I've been waitlisted at my other/second top choice which would probably be the cheapest for me (strong financial aid program). Anyways I know people do sometimes get off of waitlists at these schools but I'm just not feeling too hopeful

Just got my first acceptance!!! So many emotions right now... :soexcited:

Reactions: 16 users
Members don't see this ad :)
You mean...it isn't?
Hahahaha . I guess it IS . Like , “do you LIKE me .?” “Yes!!!!”- acceptance . “Mmmmm maybe , is no one hotter comes along “- waitlist . “God no !!!- it’s not you , it’s me !!”- rejection

could use a little support here - so I've been waitlisted by my two top choices, so as of right now I'm planning to go to my state school. It is fairly inexpensive, but it just didn't seem like a great fit for me and I don't like the area it is in, so anyways I am really bummed. I sent a letter of intent to my top choice a couple weeks ago and now I've been waitlisted at my other/second top choice which would probably be the cheapest for me (strong financial aid program). Anyways I know people do sometimes get off of waitlists at these schools but I'm just not feeling too hopeful
If the second school that WL you accepts updates, maybe you have something you can send that qualifies as an update. Some places accept LOR's from people with whom you worked since you completed your AMCAS application. At least that way, you show interest without sending a letter of intent - as you already did that! And the WL's will start moving.

And in the meantime, I hope you can go to your state school's second look and maybe once you meet your potential future classmates, maybe you can get more excited. One of my advisees from a couple years ago reluctantly chose our (mid-tier) state school over an expensive private as her parents made just enough to qualify her for no aid. She thought the fit would not be great, as she went to some very fancy private schools since kindergarten and a T3 private liberal arts college. Most of her reservations disappeared at second look when she met so many amazing people. She is now graduating top in her class, and got all interviews at all the top residency programs in her field. As all of you on SDN know already, almost everyone who gets into a medical school, even a mid-tier state school, is pretty cool in all the ways! So I hope you can get excited about your state school's fit when you meet potential classmates, while you wait to see what comes your way from your WL schools.

That’s a great school !!!!! Celebrate !!!!
Waiting on any other ?
Thank you!!! I am definitely going to take some time to relish in this moment :) Yes, I'm waiting on one other school, but I'm pretty jacked about KU, so who knows, haha. Thanks for asking! Are you waiting on any other schools?

Thank you!!! I am definitely going to take some time to relish in this moment :) Yes, I'm waiting on one other school, but I'm pretty jacked about KU, so who knows, haha. Thanks for asking! Are you waiting on any other schools?
Hope you get to go to second look and get even more excited about KU! It is so great to get the A now when you now have time to plan your life.

Hope you get to go to second look and get even more excited about KU! It is so great to get the A now when you now have time to plan your life.
It's a huge relief!! Time to do away with my MCAT books :D

Ugh my only II has turned into a WL, although they call it UC at that school. Plus I don't think they take LOI or anything so I just gotta sit here and await my fate. Zoinks scoob

I have all my schools' waitlist movement dates from last year's forum up on my computer. Ugh. May cannot come fast enough!

Edit: But also happy to say I finally got an A from an MD school! Very excited, I ugly cried when I got the email.

Last edited:
I have all my schools' waitlist movement dates from last year's forum up on my computer. Ugh. May cannot come fast enough!

Edit: But also happy to say I finally got an A from an MD school! Very excited, I ugly cried when I got the email.
Congrats!!! The post-acceptance ugly cry is the best :p

I hope you hear from one of the top WL schools soon. Is the school with the strong financial aid program in the same state as you (and therefore same state as the state school where you have the A)?

I'm in the exact same boat :( I feel guilty being so bummed because I do have an acceptance, but I am having a hard time getting excited about my acceptance because these two WL schools were much better fits (with better finaid) and were my two favorite interview days. They both WL hundreds of people and I don't know what to do beyond sending update letters... I almost wish I had been flat out rejected so I wouldn't get my hopes up and could start getting excited about my A!

Reactions: 5 users
just hopping on this thread for support, got into two schools and am #blessed but got waitlisted at five including my top three and my state school, so am really hoping that I can get into literally any other school as right now it's looking like $320,000 in loans for me. was hoping I wouldn't have to be in purgatory until june but I guess that's life!!

just hopping on this thread for support, got into two schools and am #blessed but got waitlisted at five including my top three and my state school, so am really hoping that I can get into literally any other school as right now it's looking like $320,000 in loans for me. was hoping I wouldn't have to be in purgatory until june but I guess that's life!!

Congratulations! With that many waitlists, I'm sure you'll get off of at least one of them. Praying it happens sooner than later!

I'm in the exact same boat :( I feel guilty being so bummed because I do have an acceptance, but I am having a hard time getting excited about my acceptance because these two WL schools were much better fits (with better finaid) and were my two favorite interview days. They both WL hundreds of people and I don't know what to do beyond sending update letters... I almost wish I had been flat out rejected so I wouldn't get my hopes up and could start getting excited about my A!
Oh that’s sounds so much like what I am feeling . I am trying so hard to get excited by my acceptances , but another school stole my heart :))) WAITLIST of course ... ahhhhh

Reactions: 5 users
Oh that’s sounds so much like what I am feeling . I am trying so hard to get excited by my acceptances , but another school stole my heart :))) WAITLIST of course ... ahhhhh

Just remember, God puts us where we need to be. And you’re going to be a doctor!

Reactions: 10 users
For real!! It's hard to imagine that a rejection could ever be preferable to waitlist, but in these cases, it would help with just moving on an getting on board with a current acceptance. I feel you.

For real!! It's hard to imagine that a rejection could ever be preferable to waitlist, but in these cases, it would help with just moving on an getting on board with a current acceptance. I feel you.
SERIOUSLY this is TOTALLY like dating . And I fell for a weird guy who stole my heart ... and now he wants to date all those other girls instead !!! :))))))

I feel ya!! I hope it all works out for you and that even if we end up at schools that aren't our top choice it turns out to be a blessing

I hope you hear from one of the top WL schools soon. Is the school with the strong financial aid program in the same state as you (and therefore same state as the state school where you have the A)?
No the strong financial aid program is not at my state school (it's at one of my waitlists) - although my state school is fairly inexpensive so that is at least good.

SERIOUSLY this is TOTALLY like dating . And I fell for a weird guy who stole my heart ... and now he wants to date all those other girls instead !!! :))))))
The number of times I have used a dating analogy during this process... this is so accurate, haha. And then you're like, "well this other guy asked me to move in with him, and I have to move in in July, so I'm like looking at apartments with him, but not ready to commit because my original weird guy might ask me to move in with him later." Haha, so ridiculous.

When I was applying to UG I really had my heart set on this one school (I was even committed to play a sport there), but then life goes how it goes and I ended up getting waitlisted and then rejected. Now that it's been 4 years I see how it all turned out how it is supposed to be, but man it sure did hurt back then!!

Even though it is hard for me with my WLs right now I try to remember this story and think of how I may be saying the same thing in 4 years - that it all worked out.

The number of times I have used a dating analogy during this process... this is so accurate, haha. And then you're like, "well this other guy asked me to move in with him, and I have to move in in July, so I'm like looking at apartments with him, but not ready to commit because my original weird guy might ask me to move in with him later." Haha, so ridiculous.
Oh god , YES!!!!

This! And on top of that, actually dating a real human man who would love to know at least what city I'll be in come summer :laugh:

This! And on top of that, actually dating a real human man who would love to know at least what city I'll be in come summer :laugh:
Yeah , I got one of those too .... hahaha . He is going crazy ... he was praying so hard for me to not get accepted to Vermont ...hahaha (I DID get accepted there ).

Oh my gosh, YES!!! Those human men can be so needy sometimes :p haha

Status
Not open for further replies.