2018-2019 Yale University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Received the II earlier today as well!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I split the optional essay 3:2 between why yale and my gap year essay so we'll see how that goes

I decided not to answer it because I talked a lot about Why Yale in the two required ones... hoping that is okay for me :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I decided not to answer it because I talked a lot about Why Yale in the two required ones... hoping that is okay for me :)
yeah it was tough for me to fit them in my diversity and research ones tbh

Got my II. Very excited!

Submitted my primary on June 14th (had a few days delay because of a transcript issue, so really officially complete on June 19th), verified July 19th, secondary received July 19th, interview invite today (August 8th)

Reactions: 1 user
Got my II. Very excited!

Submitted my primary on June 14th (had a few days delay because of a transcript issue, so really officially complete on June 19th), verified July 19th, secondary received July 19th, interview invite today (August 8th)

Congrats!! Did you submit the secondary on the 19th as well? Just trying to get a gauge on where they are since this is like my top school lol.

Congrats!! Did you submit the secondary on the 19th as well? Just trying to get a gauge on where they are since this is like my top school lol.
Ayyy my top school too!

Sorry I’m a little late to the party, just got off work! Also received an II today!! I was complete 7/30

Sorry I’m a little late to the party, just got off work! Also received an II today!! I was complete 7/30
dat feel when youre complete earlier with similar stats as other people but no interview. *worries about red flag somewhere* lol

congrats! kudos to you for not going crazy waiting either!

dat feel when youre complete earlier with similar stats as other people but no interview. *worries about red flag somewhere* lol

congrats! kudos to you for not going crazy waiting either!
Hahah hang in there!! More intives will come!

Complete 8/7, joining this wild ride

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II yesterday! Complete late September
Never in a million years would I have expected this, so thankful!

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
So excited to have gotten an II yesterday! Multi-racial (not sure how this factors into URM, grandma was black and born and raised in Morocco) with decent stats but good EC's. Feels great to know my story was received well by an adcom at a place like here. Proof to always shoot your shot! Even if I don't end up with an acceptance, very thankful for the opportunity and nervously excited to see what happens.

Edit: I responded to all of the optional prompts. I really enjoy writing so secondaries were surprisingly fun and reflective at times when I wasn't facing too much existential dread about all our futures. Woo!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users
More often than not, complete date has nothing to do with II date. Each school gives out II with its own rhyme or reason, or none at all. Impossible to know so the extra speculation is just not worth anyone's time. Good luck all!

Reactions: 6 users
For the academics tab it asks if you've completed the pre reqs and if you click yes a text box shows up asking "Please list all courses taken online: ". This is literally only for online courses (not listed on your transcript) right?

For the academics tab it asks if you've completed the pre reqs and if you click yes a text box shows up asking "Please list all courses taken online: ". This is literally only for online courses (not listed on your transcript) right?
Yes, online courses only

For the optional essay, would it be better to write about my gap year or a why yale essay?

I can’t get them to flow together cohesively lol. It’s sounds awkward. How’d you fit them in together
Honestly i just stuck in the gap year one after the why yale one haha in like a 3:2 ratio, didn't bother with a transition

Honestly i just stuck in the gap year one after the why yale one haha in like a 3:2 ratio, didn't bother with a transition
Lol, I guess I'll do that since there's no word limit anyway

II today! Complete 8/10 LizzyM: 81 WARS: 99
No optional essay.

Reactions: 5 users
Complete on 8/6 but didn't do the optional, feel like I may have just gotten the silent rejection :(

LizzyM: 78, WARS: 94
I wouldn't worry about it right now, they're not going in order from what i can tell and its super early

II earlier today (I'm just so overwhelmed by surprise), and there's still a couple September dates left if anyone's wondering what the interview calendar is like!

II earlier today (I'm just so overwhelmed by surprise), and there's still a couple September dates left if anyone's wondering what the interview calendar is like!
complete date/stats?

II today!! Marked complete yesterday!

Super excited~

Reactions: 7 users