You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2018-2019 Yale University
Started by gyngyn
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
begginandpleadin
Full Member
I decided not to answer it because I talked a lot about Why Yale in the two required ones... hoping that is okay for me 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah it was tough for me to fit them in my diversity and research ones tbhI decided not to answer it because I talked a lot about Why Yale in the two required ones... hoping that is okay for me 🙂
MedSchoolPlease1234
New Member
Yes, I did. I had prewritten using the prompt from last year about "Why Yale" so I just used that for my optional essay. Got my II today!For those who got II, did you all answer the optional question?
MedSchoolPlease1234
New Member
Got my II. Very excited!
Submitted my primary on June 14th (had a few days delay because of a transcript issue, so really officially complete on June 19th), verified July 19th, secondary received July 19th, interview invite today (August 8th)
Submitted my primary on June 14th (had a few days delay because of a transcript issue, so really officially complete on June 19th), verified July 19th, secondary received July 19th, interview invite today (August 8th)
Got my II. Very excited!
Submitted my primary on June 14th (had a few days delay because of a transcript issue, so really officially complete on June 19th), verified July 19th, secondary received July 19th, interview invite today (August 8th)
Congrats!! Did you submit the secondary on the 19th as well? Just trying to get a gauge on where they are since this is like my top school lol.
Congrats!! Did you submit the secondary on the 19th as well? Just trying to get a gauge on where they are since this is like my top school lol.
It’s likely that the review date is only loosely correlated to complete date.
Ayyy my top school too!Congrats!! Did you submit the secondary on the 19th as well? Just trying to get a gauge on where they are since this is like my top school lol.
Sorry I’m a little late to the party, just got off work! Also received an II today!! I was complete 7/30
dat feel when youre complete earlier with similar stats as other people but no interview. *worries about red flag somewhere* lolSorry I’m a little late to the party, just got off work! Also received an II today!! I was complete 7/30
congrats! kudos to you for not going crazy waiting either!
Hahah hang in there!! More intives will come!dat feel when youre complete earlier with similar stats as other people but no interview. *worries about red flag somewhere* lol
congrats! kudos to you for not going crazy waiting either!
Damn 8 interviews??? I have the same lizzyM and still at a solid zero lol
Texas starts a month earlier than AMCAS 😀 We'll all be fine eventually! 🙂 🙂
soccerkid96
Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
damn complete 8/3 is a crazy fast turnaround, you must be a gII yesterday as well! Complete 8/3 and LizzyM 75
Congrats! Can I pm YOU? I have a WARS/LizzyM gap like you (LM ~67 but WARS is 77-84) and thinking of throwing my app in herecompletely unexpected II today!!
I used it for some updates since my other essays went over why Yale alreadyFor those who got II, did you all answer the optional question?
Yeah, go for it!Congrats! Can I pm YOU? I have a WARS/LizzyM gap like you (LM ~67 but WARS is 77-84) and thinking of throwing my app in here
greguniverse
Full Member
So excited to have gotten an II yesterday! Multi-racial (not sure how this factors into URM, grandma was black and born and raised in Morocco) with decent stats but good EC's. Feels great to know my story was received well by an adcom at a place like here. Proof to always shoot your shot! Even if I don't end up with an acceptance, very thankful for the opportunity and nervously excited to see what happens.
Edit: I responded to all of the optional prompts. I really enjoy writing so secondaries were surprisingly fun and reflective at times when I wasn't facing too much existential dread about all our futures. Woo!
Edit: I responded to all of the optional prompts. I really enjoy writing so secondaries were surprisingly fun and reflective at times when I wasn't facing too much existential dread about all our futures. Woo!
Last edited:
D
deleted787552
For the academics tab it asks if you've completed the pre reqs and if you click yes a text box shows up asking "Please list all courses taken online: ". This is literally only for online courses (not listed on your transcript) right?
Yes, online courses onlyFor the academics tab it asks if you've completed the pre reqs and if you click yes a text box shows up asking "Please list all courses taken online: ". This is literally only for online courses (not listed on your transcript) right?
D
deleted787552
For the optional essay, would it be better to write about my gap year or a why yale essay?
You could do both! Many people who pre-wrote, including me, used the space as a why Yale essayFor the optional essay, would it be better to write about my gap year or a why yale essay?
D
deleted787552
I can’t get them to flow together cohesively lol. It’s sounds awkward. How’d you fit them in togetherYou could do both! Many people who pre-wrote, including me, used the space as a why Yale essay
Honestly i just stuck in the gap year one after the why yale one haha in like a 3:2 ratio, didn't bother with a transitionI can’t get them to flow together cohesively lol. It’s sounds awkward. How’d you fit them in together
D
deleted787552
Lol, I guess I'll do that since there's no word limit anywayHonestly i just stuck in the gap year one after the why yale one haha in like a 3:2 ratio, didn't bother with a transition
stats?II today! Complete 8/2
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Complete 8/7, nothing yet, ORM
Did you get an email or a phone call?II today! Complete 8/2
LizzyM 75, emailstats?
Last edited:
Complete 8/7, nothing yet, ORM
Complete 7/19, silence here, ORM, state school
congratulations!!II today! Complete 8/7
peachsandcream
New Member
Complete on 8/6 but didn't do the optional, feel like I may have just gotten the silent rejection 🙁
LizzyM: 78, WARS: 94
the cyle is loooooooooooooong friend. Hang in there
Complete on 8/6 but didn't do the optional, feel like I may have just gotten the silent rejection 🙁
LizzyM: 78, WARS: 94
I feel you bro, we just gotta hang in here.
I wouldn't worry about it right now, they're not going in order from what i can tell and its super earlyComplete on 8/6 but didn't do the optional, feel like I may have just gotten the silent rejection 🙁
LizzyM: 78, WARS: 94
II today, completed 8/3!!!!!
II today! Complete 8/10 LizzyM: 81 WARS: 99
No optional essay.
II today! Complete 8/7
If y'all don't mind please contribute to the II tracker!
sure! What is that and where can I find it?If y'all don't mind please contribute to the II tracker!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
complete date/stats?II earlier today (I'm just so overwhelmed by surprise), and there's still a couple September dates left if anyone's wondering what the interview calendar is like!
DM'ing 😀complete date/stats?
II today!! Marked complete yesterday!
Super excited~
Super excited~
Woahhh that turn-around tho. Be proud, that's an amazing sign and you're probably a great applicant 🙂II today!! Marked complete yesterday!
Super excited~
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K