2019-2020 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Carolinas)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed in the past few weeks heard back yet? I had my virtual interview but am still waiting to hear back!
i interviewed late march and heard back but will be turning down the A. GL y'all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just recieved waitlist status today, does anyone have any insight as to how quickly it moves or how big their classes are?

Reactions: 1 user
Just recieved waitlist status today, does anyone have any insight as to how quickly it moves or how big their classes are?
I also was put on waitlist today. Based on my virtual interview they said it’s an actively moving waitlist

Well that’s it ladies and gents, Sarah Donan said the cycle is closed and all interviews offers have been extended. So that’s an R for me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean VCOM will look over the waitlist now?

Does this mean VCOM will look over the waitlist now?
I believe they’ve been looking over the waitlist. When I interviewed on Wednesday (4/29) they said 5 offers were currently out and if any were turned down, they would be offered to the next people on the waitlist or those that interviewed recently depending on how it went.

Reactions: 2 users
It’s hard not to get discouraged having been on the waitlist since 2/17 and the new cycle already opening. Fingers crossed for some more movement.

It’s hard not to get discouraged having been on the waitlist since 2/17 and the new cycle already opening. Fingers crossed for some more movement.
lmao don't worry, I've been on the WL for another school since November 1.. still waiting.

Its definitely tough! Has anyone heard any news recently? I think when they make offers people have two weeks to reply so hopefully we will see some movement soon!

Its definitely tough! Has anyone heard any news recently? I think when they make offers people have two weeks to reply so hopefully we will see some movement soon!
I was just waitlisted yesterday and they said the waitlist is moving quickly as people select schools closer to home!

Anyone who was waitlisted in April get an acceptance?

Hey guys, does anyone have a list of where current students normally live?

Just withdrew my VCOM-Spartanburg acceptance. I really liked this school and think they have an awesome community but I just got off the waitlist at a school that was a better fit for myself. Best of luck to everyone on the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Is the cycle over for VCOM? Will they be accepting anyone off the waitlist

And does anyone know if some people choose live in Greenville as opposed to Spartanburg

Current student here! I’ve never heard of any students living in Greenville. In my opinion that would be really difficult to do (unless the classes were online again). You often have to go back and forth from campus, especially if your lab doesn’t start til 3 pm and you get done with classes at noon. It’s nice to go home whenever you want, and still have the freedom to come back to campus if you need to. If you live in Greenville, you would probably need to stay at campus all day (or somewhere in town) not to mention the traffic may cause you to be late and take away from your study time. I’m not saying it’s impossible, but I think it’s added stress.

Does anyone know where most students live?

I had some in my class live in Greenville and one in Charlotte. My advice don’t do it. Live downtown. Avoid Drayton like the plague. Mayfair is a good option or spilt a house with friends. Some parts of town aren’t that friendly. I lived downtown and it was safe.

I had some in my class live in Greenville and one in Charlotte. My advice don’t do it. Live downtown. Avoid Drayton like the plague. Mayfair is a good option or spilt a house with friends. Some parts of town aren’t that friendly. I lived downtown and it was safe.
Interested to hear more about your thoughts on Drayton?

Does anyone know stats VCOM will pull from the waitlist to their class next year?

on Wednesday I received a call about a final decision for VCOM within the next 2 weeks. I believe there were different things that could happen such as admission to the class of 2025 or just not being accepted. I gave a letter of intent and tried boosting my app. hopefully it all works out or just have to reapply

Did anyone with low stats received an interview or acceptance utilizing the last “120 hour” rule?