2019-2020 Medical University of South Carolina

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PapaGuava

The Real PG
Staff member
Administrator
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please tag a pre-allo moderator when the second prompt is posted.

Good luck to everyone applying!

Interview Feedback: Medical University of South Carolina

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone got secondaries? Hello anyone there?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
IS slightly above avg stats, received. No prompts which was odd

What are the screening requirements, and really no essays??

(IS/EDP) Secondary received and submitted today-7/16. No prompts. It asked for my test scores but I have not gotten my mcat scores back yet (I get them July 30th, and I know this was risky but mind ya business). I submitted the secondary without inputting my score. Now that I think about it, does anyone think this was a mistake, my MCAT will be sent by AMCAS anyways so I am not sure why MUSC wanted me to input my scores on their secondary. Should I reach out to the admissions office, or should I just not worry about it?? Thanks for the help!!

OOS secondary received last night (7/16). Above their avg OOS mcat. No ties to SC.

Their secondary doesn’t even have prompts now and the email really beat it down how important ties are. Thought I’d shoot my shot despite their ties rep. but dont know if it’s worth dropping the $95 for even that at this point.

Members don't see this ad :)
Since there are no prompts, youll most likely be screened out if you are OOS at least thats what the email sounded like. If you are in-state youll be chosen over others who are OOS despite if your application is overall stronger than the in-state person. I suggest to all OOS candidates, do NOT apply otherwise you are flushing 95$ down the drain.

(IS/EDP) Secondary received and submitted today-7/16. No prompts. It asked for my test scores but I have not gotten my mcat scores back yet (I get them July 30th, and I know this was risky but mind ya business). I submitted the secondary without inputting my score. Now that I think about it, does anyone think this was a mistake, my MCAT will be sent by AMCAS anyways so I am not sure why MUSC wanted me to input my scores on their secondary. Should I reach out to the admissions office, or should I just not worry about it?? Thanks for the help!!
Did you ever figure this out? My scores aren't back yet either and I'm holding off on pulling the trigger on the secondary right now.

Secondary received, OOS MD. No prompts, and yes they screen!

They actually do not screen! Everyone who applies gets a secondary. I'm currently in school here (different program) and just met with admissions yesterday to ask some questions about applying.

They actually do not screen! Everyone who applies gets a secondary. I'm currently in school here (different program) and just met with admissions yesterday to ask some questions about applying.
Thoughts on contacting the office if I haven't received a secondary?

Thoughts on contacting the office if I haven't received a secondary?
If its been more than like a month since submitting your primary then definitely call. They told me there have been glitches in the past with that.

Just received an email confirming my application to the MD/PhD program: "The MSTP Admissions Committee is now reviewing your information to determine if you are eligible to be invited for an interview. You will be notified of their decision by email in 2-3 weeks. Interviews will be held October through January."

Reactions: 1 user
I added this school to my list on 8/15 and have not yet received a secondary... should I be concerned?

I added this school to my list on 8/15 and have not yet received a secondary... should I be concerned?
No, it's going to take a little while for them to send you a secondary. I was verified 7/18 and didn't receive the secondary until 8/7

Early decision interview invites went out yesterday.

MD/PhD II received this afternoon! C: 7/29/19

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone been in contact with admissions? Since being invited for Early decision interviews on 9/6, I have not been able to get into contact at all with the office. Given the impending hurricane I would assume the interview date would be changed; however it has been radio silence for the past 4 days.

Has anyone been in contact with admissions? Since being invited for Early decision interviews on 9/6, I have not been able to get into contact at all with the office. Given the impending hurricane I would assume the interview date would be changed; however it has been radio silence for the past 4 days.

I'm an MUSC employee. The governor has issued a mandatory evacuation and MUSC is closed until further notice and the hospital is going to be initiating disaster team protocol tomorrow or Wednesday. You probably won't hear anything until normal operations resume unfortunately.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey everyone, I see some people getting secondaries, but have these only been for EDP and MD/PhD? Has anyone applying regular decision heard anything?

Hey everyone, I see some people getting secondaries, but have these only been for EDP and MD/PhD? Has anyone applying regular decision heard anything?
I'm OOS and regular decision with moderate ties to SC and I got a secondary a couple weeks ago. After the hurricane I would email/call

I'm an MUSC employee. The governor has issued a mandatory evacuation and MUSC is closed until further notice and the hospital is going to be initiating disaster team protocol tomorrow or Wednesday. You probably won't hear anything until normal operations resume unfortunately.

EDP interviews officially canceled for 9/6 per admissions. No date set for the future date due to the closure of the college of medicine for the rest of the week, we’ve been told to wait until next week once all the chaos calms down. If anyone else is wondering why they aren’t getting a response, this may throw a wrench in some timelines

I'm wondering if I should go ahead and pay the secondary fee because I sent an email about waiving the fee. If I don't submit now, it's basically pushing my app back another week. . Decisions Decisions...

I have quick question. I'm not sure if I made early decision deadline or not because I submitted my AMCAS around the beginning of July and did not receive my secondary until August 7th, but I did submit my supplemental app prior to September 1st. The website says that AMCAS was due before August 1 and (secondary before sep 1st) for early decision but I'm not sure if that means it had to be verified before August 1st or just submitted before August 1st which is why I am confused as to whether I made the early decision deadline or not. If anyone has some insight into this it'd be much appreciated.

found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye

found out my EDP application didn't go my way so i took a long shot and submitted a few primaries. What do y'all think my chances are at this point?
I'm a business major, OOS, 511, cgpa and sgpa in mid 3.8's, pretty decent ec's
Should I be hopeful or just kiss my chances at a secondary goodbye
Just replied to ur post on FSU’s thread. These 2 schools (and USC Greenville) have an insane instate preference. I wouldn’t waste my time applying here

EDP interviews officially canceled for 9/6 per admissions. No date set for the future date due to the closure of the college of medicine for the rest of the week, we’ve been told to wait until next week once all the chaos calms down. If anyone else is wondering why they aren’t getting a response, this may throw a wrench in some timelines
Did you ever hear from MUSC last week? I also had my interview cancelled on 9/6, but never heard anything else and am getting nervous!

Yep, rejected today bc no close ties to South Carolina.

Just replied to ur post on FSU’s thread. These 2 schools (and USC Greenville) have an insane instate preference. I wouldn’t waste my time applying here

• Wow
II today! So freaking surprised tbh but so excited! They only gave me one option which I can’t attend so waiting to hear back for a date

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
It’s dead af in here. Has anyone that applied ED heard anything?

It’s dead af in here. Has anyone that applied ED heard anything?
I am pretty sure I made the ED deadline but haven't heard back yet and one of my buddies has an interview this week who definitely did not make the ED deadline (sent in his secondary about three weeks ago) so I do not know what is going on.

ED people are suppose to hear back today or tomorrow if they got accepted since they have all interview already. The hard deadline that decisions are released is October 1st, I believe (It's an AAMC rule)

ED people are suppose to hear back today or tomorrow if they got accepted since they have all interview already. The hard deadline that decisions are released is October 1st, I believe (It's an AAMC rule)
Yeah I interviewed a couple weeks ago but was starting to think I didn’t make it since Oct 1 is tomorrow. The waiting game continues

Don’t worry yet! The committee meets tomorrow to review ED applications

Does anyone know if RD interviews have started if ED isn’t even done?

My interview (regular decision) is scheduled for Oct 4!

Have any ED appliers who interviewed gotten a call yet? At the interview, I got the impression if we were not accepted today that we will not know for a while, but if we do not find out today, can we apply to other schools?

Have any ED appliers who interviewed gotten a call yet? At the interview, I got the impression if we were not accepted today that we will not know for a while, but if we do not find out today, can we apply to other schools?
Hadn't heard anything :/

First year applying: 4.0 GPA/504 MCAT. Interviewed but rejected.
Second year applying: 4.0/507. Waitlisted.
THIRD year applying: 4.0/510. ACCEPTED ED.

Good luck everyone. Never give up.

Reactions: 9 users