2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Honestly my stats were on the lower end. 499 Mcat score. I got a 3.07 undergraduate bcpm but a 4.0 bcpm for both my masters & post bacc. So an overall science gpa of a 3.4 and overall gpa of a 3.38. Lots of leadership, volunteer, research, and patient care experience. I submitted my secondary on 10/19. Heard back 11/10 for an II.
Thank you! We’re you complete quick?

Members don't see this ad.

Did they email you or did they call?? Congrats !
Thank you! I received the II in an email and was called by Mallory Hawkins about 1.5 weeks after my interview with an acceptance. If I remember correctly, I think they said the adcom meets every 3-4 weeks. Happy to answer questions on DMs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
What is the record for not even hearing back about a secondary? Asking for a friend.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
What is the record for not even hearing back about a secondary? Asking for a friend.
I didn't get a secondary either. 😅 Hurts my feelings since this is the only school that never sent me one.

How long does it take to hear back after the interview. It has been approximately 4 weeks for me and nothing.

How long does it take to hear back after the interview. It has been approximately 4 weeks for me and nothing.
If I remember correctly, they said they meet once every 3-4 weeks. Probably got pushed a little from Thanksgiving. I think you should be hearing soon. Fingers crossed for that A!

• Care
Hey guys!!! Anyone who interviewed on the 11/18 day hear back yet??

Anyone choosing between ACOM and VCOM this year? What factors made you pick one over the other?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all, just withdrew my A here! Good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Would any current students on here be able to discuss both the sports medicine shadowing and the research opportunities at VCOM-Auburn? Thanks in advance!
So frot research, you are able to join any research that professors are doing currently. You will be allowed to join research after your first block. For sports medicine, You can join the sports medicine club after block 1 as well and they give you everything and get you set up for shadowing and ready for if you want to do a sports fellowship.

My interview was 10/28 and still haven’t heard back at all. I’m assuming I’ve been WL. I emailed the admissions coordinator Monday and she hasn’t emailed back. I‘ll email the other person in charge of admissions next Monday incase the first person didn’t get my email. But this is getting kind of nerve racking.

Last edited:
You didn't have to mail in a check?
No, at least for the VA campus they were allowing credit card payments through the VCOM portal this year. It sounded like it was the first time this was an option, so I'm not sure if it's campus specific.

No, at least for the VA campus they were allowing credit card payments through the VCOM portal this year. It sounded like it was the first time this was an option, so I'm not sure if it's campus specific.
That must be it. VCOM-Auburn requires a check or money order.

I interviewed on 11/04 and was accepted on 12/03! I'm guessing that you'll probably hear back soon! Good luck :)
So is it pretty odd that I haven’t heard a single thing in about 6.5 weeks? I feel like they’re ghosting me since my emails haven‘t received a response either.

So is it pretty odd that I haven’t heard a single thing in about 6.5 weeks? I feel like they’re ghosting me since my emails haven‘t received a response either.
I talked to someone in the office last week, and she said the committee wanted to see my fall grades / were meeting today. Hopefully we'll all hear something this week

Anyone choosing between ACOM and VCOM this year? What factors made you pick one over the other?
I put my deposit down at VCOM this week! It honestly was tough deciding between these two schools. I LOVED ACOM but didn’t feel good about their lack of rotations in the Dothan area and it was and extra 1.5 hours from my hometown compared to auburn. I also liked the fact that vcom is in a bigger city (i actually went to bama for undergrad) so i feel like it will have similar vibes which i love. My husband is also stationed at the AFB an hour away. All deciding factors, choose which is best for you!!

Just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 11/18 with a 499 MCAT! Hope everyone else gets that A too☺️

Reactions: 5 users
Just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 11/18 with a 499 MCAT! Hope everyone else gets that A too☺️
Do you mind telling us what your application timeline was like? Primary, secondary, ii invite and so on?

Do you mind telling us what your application timeline was like? Primary, secondary, ii invite and so on?
I don’t mind at all! Primary was completed on 10/02 and verified 10/08. Secondary was sent to me on 10/12, received by VCOM on 11/04, completed review and interview invite all on 11/06. I interviewed on 11/18 and got an acceptance today on 12/15!

I don’t mind at all! Primary was completed on 10/02 and verified 10/08. Secondary was sent to me on 10/12, received by VCOM on 11/04, completed review and interview invite all on 11/06. I interviewed on 11/18 and got an acceptance today on 12/15!
Did the interview invite come through email or the secondary application website are termed communication status? Congrats on the acceptance! My secondary was marked completed on 11/6 as well after submitting on 11/5 so I’m hoping for an interview invite soon. Hopefully there are some spots open :/

Did the interview invite come through email or the secondary application website are termed communication status? Congrats on the acceptance! My secondary was marked completed on 11/6 as well after submitting on 11/5 so I’m hoping for an interview invite soon. Hopefully there are some spots open :/
The interview invite came through email and on the secondary portal! I’m sure there are more spots left!

Does anyone know what are some good apartments that are around Auburn for the medical students?

Does anyone know what are some good apartments that are around Auburn for the medical students?
The Greens are really popular for med students! I think they said about 70% of VCOM students live there. I am currently a senior at Auburn and moved there this year. I absolutely love it!

Reactions: 2 users
Do they send out the virtual shadowing link to everyone that submitted a secondary?

Any safe and quiet apartment complexes inAuburn?

For those of us that have already sent in deposits for the Dec 14 deadline, have they still not deposited your check/do we know about when they will?

Hey all, I’m a VCOM grad just dropping in to say what I wish someone had told me before I went there....the culture is not great. Adversarial administration-student relationships, many MANY students in each class who are kicked out/held back/remediate entire years *repeatedly*, lots of professionalism issues with students. I know many people who failed one or both board exams, and VCOM’s “help” for boards is to monopolize your entire study time with a required in-person class that is very useless. I’m not kidding - like I know 10+ people who failed at least one. The whole class can complain to admin, vote for change, beg for help, and admin still will not budge on issues that are important to the student body (for no discernible reason, other than they like telling the students to go scratch). Lots of drama and infighting between students themselves, and many disgruntled students and professors. Absolutely no guarantee you’ll end up where you want to be for clinical rotations, tons of favoritism within the class.
I got where I wanted to be in my top choice residency, so I feel like I can’t complain and you’ll all do great no matter what, but I wish I had never chosen VCOM Auburn and I wanted to share that opinion with others so that they are fully informed. Good luck to you all, and no matter where you end up keep focused on your goals and prioritize your needs and your mental health!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hey all, I’m a VCOM grad just dropping in to say what I wish someone had told me before I went there....the culture is not great. Adversarial administration-student relationships, many MANY students in each class who are kicked out/held back/remediate entire years *repeatedly*, lots of professionalism issues with students. I know many people who failed one or both board exams, and VCOM’s “help” for boards is to monopolize your entire study time with a required in-person class that is very useless. I’m not kidding - like I know 10+ people who failed at least one. The whole class can complain to admin, vote for change, beg for help, and admin still will not budge on issues that are important to the student body (for no discernible reason, other than they like telling the students to go scratch). Lots of drama and infighting between students themselves, and many disgruntled students and professors. Absolutely no guarantee you’ll end up where you want to be for clinical rotations, tons of favoritism within the class.
I got where I wanted to be in my top choice residency, so I feel like I can’t complain and you’ll all do great no matter what, but I wish I had never chosen VCOM Auburn and I wanted to share that opinion with others so that they are fully informed. Good luck to you all, and no matter where you end up keep focused on your goals and prioritize your needs and your mental health!
Thanks for your honest opinion on the school! I think it’s super important to not only hear the good but the bad as well. I really appreciated the info as I’m deciding between this and another school.

Does anyone know if you’re out of consideration/they’re done with interviews if you receive the email about the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences from VCOM?

Does anyone know if you’re out of consideration/they’re done with interviews if you receive the email about the Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences from VCOM?
No, hang tight

I interviewed all the way back 10/28. I still haven’t heard anything. I called them up before the break, and the person told me that they were still reviewing my application. So essentially an unofficial WL since they’ve yet to officially WL people.