2020-2021 Edward Via College of Osteopathic Medicine (VCOM-Auburn)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
II received just now!! OOS completed 8/20 :)

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me what it was like? My interview is tomorrow and I’m a bit nervous because I don’t know what to expect!

Can anyone who has interviewed here tell me what it was like? My interview is tomorrow and I’m a bit nervous because I don’t know what to expect!
Don’t be worried! My interviews were all extremely conversational and everyone was super nice! There are three one-on-one, open file interviews that last about 20 minutes each. It starts with a little presentation and ends with a student Q&A.

Reactions: 1 users
Its just like Garageboy200 said, very conversational. I did not even really feel like I was being interviewed. Just explain to them why you would be a good fit and you'll be great.

Reactions: 1 user
If anyone has any questions about the school or application process, let me know. I am a first-year at VCOM Auburn! I know it's hard to not see the campus and come in for an interview this year but I can try and help you guys as much as I can with all the questions about campus, school, or anything.

I have my interview coming up this Wednesday....has anyone else had the issue that your portal says you’re interviewing in the morning and your confirmation says the afternoon or vice versa? Also, is there actually 3 separate interviews??

All info is appreciated!!

I have my interview coming up this Wednesday....has anyone else had the issue that your portal says you’re interviewing in the morning and your confirmation says the afternoon or vice versa? Also, is there actually 3 separate interviews??

All info is appreciated!!
I don't know about the portal issue, but yes there are 3 separate interviews. They will be like 20-30 mins each. However, It is a conventional interview. They just want to know you and why you decide to be a doctor and all that. So I would not freak out. Just be yourself. Trust me it will be the most relaxed interview you would have if you just talk to them like you are having a conversation. It should be 2 faculty members and 1 administration.

Good luck to everyone interviewing today!! We got this!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Well also just got the acceptance call!! Interviewed 10/28 so didn’t expect to hear back so fast!!

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
Accepted, interviewed 10/27

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
For anyone who has interviewed at VCOM Auburn, what was the interview format? I have one coming up on the 18th and want to start prepping. Is it an open or closed file? MMI or one on one? General questions about yourself or ethical questions?

For anyone who has interviewed at VCOM Auburn, what was the interview format? I have one coming up on the 18th and want to start prepping. Is it an open or closed file? MMI or one on one? General questions about yourself or ethical questions?
3 open file, one-on-one interviews...very conversational! I had one interview with a couple ethical questions but the first two were much more about me as an individual and about the campus

3 open file, one-on-one interviews...very conversational! I had one interview with a couple ethical questions but the first two were much more about me as an individual and about the campus
Thanks, for the help!

Hey guys! I was accepted here last Friday!
If anyone has questions about the interview or anything, message me and I’ll do my best to help!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
After submitting my secondary I haven’t heard much of anything, would you recommend sending admissions and email?

After submitting my secondary I haven’t heard much of anything, would you recommend sending admissions and email?
Yeah, send them an email if it has been over 3 months.

Do you mind sharing when your application was marked complete? I submitted primary on Oct. 21st. Received my secondary on the 27th. Submitted secondary Nov. 4th and marked complete Nov. 6th. Curious as to how often they review applications and how many interview dates they have per month.

Submitted secondary 9/3.. marked complete 11/12.. hopefully still got a chance!

• Care
interviewing here tomorrow and still haven't received an itinerary or zoom link? When do they usually send those out?

I submitted my primary here at the beginning of October and still haven't received a secondary. I know I meet the requirements, what's the issue?

I submitted my primary here at the beginning of October and still haven't received a secondary. I know I meet the requirements, what's the issue?
There's more than just meeting the minimum requirements for them to send a secondary right away. From what I've read, they only send secondaries to applicants they're pretty darn sure they're going to interview. It's still early though and they're definitely busy!

There's more than just meeting the minimum requirements for them to send a secondary right away. From what I've read, they only send secondaries to applicants they're pretty darn sure they're going to interview. It's still early though and they're definitely busy!

Ok, I was not aware of that. Most schools send them to everyone.

does this school have a regional preference? I'm from Texas debating on applying additionally to this program!

does this school have a regional preference? I'm from Texas debating on applying additionally to this program!
Usually they try to stick with nearby states but there are individual cases where we got people from Cali and texas.. so it is possible.

I met VCOM students who were from up New York and Washington. They might have a preference for people from the SE, but it's not a rule.

As others have mentioned, there is a regional preference, but they accept students outside of the region. However, I think with the addition of the Louisiana campus the target region has expanded further and Texas is included.

Does anyone know how often they tend to meet in order to discuss who will receive an interview?

Anyone interviewing 12/2 and still hasn’t received the zoom links?

Would any current students on here be able to discuss both the sports medicine shadowing and the research opportunities at VCOM-Auburn? Thanks in advance!

Those interviewing when were you complete/stats if you don’t mind sharing?
Honestly my stats were on the lower end. 499 Mcat score. I got a 3.07 undergraduate bcpm but a 4.0 bcpm for both my masters & post bacc. So an overall science gpa of a 3.4 and overall gpa of a 3.38. Lots of leadership, volunteer, research, and patient care experience. I submitted my secondary on 10/19. Heard back 11/10 for an II.